Heads Up! This website is no longer maintained, if your a member from our era, consider joining the discord to say hello.
Sign in to follow this  

Hosting Issues

Not sure if a thread has been created for my problem. Anyhow, I'm just wondering how do you host games on starcraft? I have some kind of latency issue when people try to join my game. Is there a way to resolve or mend the situation?

I had that issue once, make sure the ports are all forwarded.

I had that issue once, make sure the ports are all forwarded.

Your talking to a noob here. What do you mean by forwarding ports?

Would you mind getting on aim to walk me through it?

Edited by Protoman

http://www.portforward.com helps a lot. navigate to guides> pick your router > then youll know what to do after that. If you have no clue after many attempts, talk to your isp for fock sakes

I'll check out the link in a sec; I'm busy doing homework :)

...never had that problem so idk =þ

http://www.portforward.com helps a lot. navigate to guides> pick your router > then youll know what to do after that. If you have no clue after many attempts, talk to your isp for fock sakes

I'll check out the link in a sec; I'm busy doing homework :)

aww that sux. hw on a Friday.

open port 6112 on your router.

well i have this problem also. i fixed it like a week ago, and its happening again. i forwarded all ports, triggered all ports, it didnt work, then i talked to my ISP then my router company, it fixed it but it only lasted for a week.

okay heres my theory, i have wireless internet and i have the same problem

i suspect that since it is wireless and high speed, b.net sees the high speed as unstable and thus, prevents peopl from joining your hosted game.

the proof: i connected to another wireless network that downloads more slower than mine and suddenly i could host games with no problem. many of my friends and other online players agree. so really, i think it depends on the speed of your internet..

well that may be the cause but usually high speed internet with routers are firewalled. i dunno thats my theory.

Battle.net won't accept fast Wireless connections because it was made 1998. There was internet that fast in those years. So it'll just say the latency is too high making it impossible for someone to join. If you don't have a slower connection then you only can join not create.

If your not one a router try this and if that doesn't work you just have slow internet.

Go to your control panel>> Security center>>Firewall>>Exceptions>>Add port and type whats in below.

n2fkpj.gif

25qvdxt.gif

rj1a83.gif

Edited by Forgiv3n3ss

If your not one a router try this and if that doesn't work you just have slow internet.

Go to your control panel>> Security center>>Firewall>>Exceptions>>Add port and type whats in below.

Plutomic has helped me fixed the issue about 2 months ago. Thanks for the gesture though. :D