Heads Up! This website is no longer maintained, if your a member from our era, consider joining the discord to say hello.
Sign in to follow this  

Main Page Second Scroll Bar

With or Without ScrollBar  

11 members have voted

1. 1. With or Without

• With ScrollBar
    • Without ScrollBar

Since the new page was put up at Ghoztcraft.net as a home page I've thought it looks pretty nice, but I have a small concern about it and wanted to see what you all thought so I can let Ghozt know what we think as a whole of how it should be. Now for whats going on here there are two ways that I've seen it and I want to show you and I want you to choose which you think is more convenient to you and everyone else around:

With Second Scroll Bar:

http://screencast.com/t/87NZGNaXiz

Here's an image also in case you don't want to watch the video..

525fbc1f-dd72-49a9-9371-ab0daaef5e02_b791f198-322e-4338-b32c-78d216f3c4b6_static_0_0_With%20ScB.png

And Simply Without Second Scroll Bar:

http://screencast.com/t/uaypMb9YoH

And image here also..

fa52b7e7-9039-4342-b21c-8b5d12dcda9a_b791f198-322e-4338-b32c-78d216f3c4b6_static_0_0_WithoutScb.png

Now I want you to choose in the poll which one you like more and you think should be on the page.

Personally I think it should have one, because I don't like the long long long pages on websites and I like things being as compact as possible while still looking nice, and if it were possible to make a page look really nice while eliminating the big scrollbar I think it should happen. Or in this case make the scrollbar smaller.

Without the scroll bar I can see the page getting a mile long, but without it wont, it will maintain the same size and if someone were to look at the content in the second scrollbox then they can. But for the ones that don't want to bother with it at the time, I don't think it should be flowing down the pages for miles. Now hurry!!! Post your opinions and Vote in the poll.

---

Update: You can now toggle the scrollbar.

2008-04-16_0316.png

Approved.

I voted with Scrollbar, I like it, It fits in with the theme. Also makes it convenient for that area.

With scroll bar, because being able to move the articles without moving anything but the mouse up and down/mousewheel and just that section conveniently, rather than all the way off to the side of the screen/whole screen.

Thanks for the info so far guys, keep it coming.

Never liked the scrolls, think it looks ugly. Sry, but it does.

I could add some fancy javascript to allow the user to choose if they want it or not. ^_^

fancy java plox

I voted for without because I find it unsexy.

Honestly i dont like the scrollbar because it makes things seem to cluttered, but im sure god err i mean XGhozt can come up with that javascript to let us pick ^_^

Yeah that java sounds good also, should I add that to the poll?

All done.

2008-04-16_0316.png

Test it out guys, you can toggle the scrollbar now, and it will remember your selection even if you close or navigate away from the page. I hope that helps!

Sign in to follow this