Heads Up! This website is no longer maintained, if your a member from our era, consider joining the discord to say hello.
Sign in to follow this  

[anti-virus/firewall]using Common Sense

If people didn't get hacked there would be no such thing as personal firewalls.

True. My personal experience however, I have not used a firewall. I have been hacked maybe once or twice. Should of clicked "Scan" other than "Open" :o. :P

Edit:

But as for firewalls, its mostly blocks out going connections :o. Otherwise, port scans are blocked. You need to worry about outgoing connections more than incoming.

Edited by HookE

Actually the idea isn't to prevent you from doing things, it's to prevent other people from doing things to your computer.

Actually the idea isn't to prevent you from doing things, it's to prevent other people from doing things to your computer.

By outgoing I meant connecting to a remote trojan server. Firewalls would be useless if they prevented you from doing things lmao.

Ya, their purpose isn't to stop you from doing things.

Not purposefully downloading and manually running trojans on your computer yourself is just common sense.

The purpose of firewalls is to prevent people from doing things to your computer WITHOUT YOUR PERMISSION.

Yah, thats a firewall. Anyway, what I'm getting at is you don't need a fire wall if you know how to manage your computer correctly. I choose not use a firewall to get the max processing power out of my computer so I can do more stuff. Since I've been running my system for over 5 years with 1 or 2 hacks (that haven't even done anything since I disabled the trojan program quickly), I've done well :o.

As for the windows fire wall, it is unreliable since anyone can program a simple winsock server and client :o.

You don't need the kind of "firewall" (more like parental control) that you keep mentioning, no.

What you need is a firewall that prevents people from hacking you.

I can send ppl files on bnet without their permission. So yeah u need a fire wall.

I unlike other ppl dont kill their computer; just do a message saying you've been pawned. Nothing a safe-mode cant remove. If ppl acually had the intention to kill your computer they could if you dont have a fire wall.

Union, you cannot send people files on battle net without their permission. YOu cant send people files on battle net at all. Dont be a fucking retard.

And HookE, if you arnet at your computer, good luck stopping someone from hacking it.

Yes you can Loyal; You find out their ip and you send them the file through a connection

I hope you are joking.

You hope! If you dont have a double fire you shuld get 1

Edit: This isn't the flame board. Nevermind.

Luckily for me, I am a machine -_-.

Fucking idiot.

I can send ppl files on bnet without their permission. So yeah u need a fire wall.

I unlike other ppl dont kill their computer; just do a message saying you've been pawned. Nothing a safe-mode cant remove. If ppl acually had the intention to kill your computer they could if you dont have a fire wall.

Yes you can Loyal; You find out their ip and you send them the file through a connection

People I'm sorry about that. Must've been my 12 year old brother.

@azu

I know right.

@union

Riiiiight.

Geez. Some of my friends doesn't even use an av, just dont download shit, if you are unsure, use jotti or virustotal, if it is virus, delete, its that easy.

And btw: Windows Firewall.

use jotti or virustotal
Or both :>

if it is virus, delete
Or stick it in a password protected archive with a short description of what it does.

use jotti or virustotal
Or both :>

if it is virus, delete
Or stick it in a password protected archive with a short description of what it does.

Yeah.

And if you want an AV, use EVERYTHING else than norton, lol.