Heads Up! This website is no longer maintained, if your a member from our era, consider joining the discord to say hello.
Sign in to follow this  

360 Issue

Used to be able to view pictures on my 360 by going to the Picture Library, selecting my computer that is listed, and then viewing them. A few days ago, I wanted to set my background as a JPEG picture that I had found, so I went to the Picture Library, selected my computer, and it told me no pictures were found. I went to my computer just to double check that I did indeed have pictures in my My Pictures folder (lol), and sure enough, there were pictures in there. I can still listen to music that is on my computer by using the Music Library. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Don't tell me to google shit because I can't find anything. I've even tried to post on the xbox forums, but I have yet to receive a reply - it's been two days.

Hm... Check to make sure you have pictures set to be shared.

Yes...

I can listen to music from my computer. WMP11 detects that I have pictures, and I can view them using WMP11. The Picture Library just stopped "detecting" pictures one day.

assuming you're using Windows Media Player to share your stuff, make sure the Windows Media Player has the pictures in it's library. Also, what file type are the pictures?

Correct, and I have. I can view the pictures in Windows Media Player 11 fine, but for some reason, I just can't view them using my 360 anymore.

Most every pictures is JPEG. A few are PNG.

Sounds like a problem with the PC. It sounds exactly like a permissions problem because you are viewing your other computer stuff.

Have you set Windows Media Connect (or whatever software you use to connect to your XBox) to start up automatically with the PC, and set sharing rights correctly for the folders your music and pictures are stored in?

here is a troubleshoot link:

http://www.xbox.com/en-AU/support/xbox360/...to-media-pc.htm

Yes, like I said, I can listen to music that is on my computer, as well as videos, but I can not view pictures.

I just double checked everything. I made sure its pointing to the right directory for my pics, and made sure its refreshing to check for new pics. Also made sure my settings are correct for what its looking for in the directory, meaning made sure its not looking for movies/music in your pics folder.

Try resetting the settings on the Xbox, and connecting to that computer again. If you can still listen to music and play videos, then it is probably a problem in the PC settings somewhere. Maybe you could remove the pictures from the library in Media Player and re-add them?

The only thing I can think of is to try another computer and / or another XBox if possible on the same computer. Compare the results until one of them works. Assuming you do get one of the computers or xboxs to work correctly, compare the settings and configurations and go from there.

Because if you can get the xbox to connect and view pictures from another computer then the xbox is obviously functioning fine. And vise versa.

I know somone that had this problem, they got a PS3 and that fixxed it.

Oh fuck you MasterX lol

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll try them later and let you guys know.

I have resolved this issue. I deleted the pictures from my WMP library and re-addded them.

Thank you, thering, for the suggestion.

Closed.

Back again with another problem; only reason why I am posting here is because the xbox tech forum is such shit that I can't even get one suggestion.

I had a switch (Linksys) [not a router] and a few days ago it decided to just completely shut down my network and not allow any internet access to my other computer, as well as my 360. So, I went out and bought a router (Linksys)

Compared to using a switch, a router is the best thing that has ever happened to my network. Anyway, I was having some NAT issues, but I solved those. Now, my problem is that my computer can see my 360, but my 360 can't see my PC. I've tried opening/forwarding ports, shutting off firewalls, reinstalling things, all to no avail.

My problem comes mainly from the fact that I am not too sure on what IP's I am entering. What I mean is, I'm not sure if I am entering the correct IP's. I can play on live fine, and my other computer has internet access. All I want to do is be able to view pictures/movies/listen to music on my 360. After looking around a little bit, I believe that I have my 360's static IP is: 192.168.1.101

I have my firewall accepting ports 10280-10284, and those other TCP and UDP ports. I have ports 88(3074) opened/forwarded on my router. I am convinced that my problem lies within my router. It's a wired Linksys BEFSR41.

I'm not sure what I am doing wrong. If anyone could provide some clarity to my problem, it would be appreciated. I am currently trying to use WMP11 to feed media to my 360, and yes, I do have media sharing enabled. I've tried Zune also, but that didn't help because I believe that my router is somehow blocking media to my 360. Don't tell me to try other media programs like Orb or TVersity; it won't help since my 360 can't even detect my computer.

I setup my new linksys router with a custom firmware, you can see my router here http://eternal-lan.net don't fux it up! But my PS3 could connect to my PC but would get lots of errors. Apears that doing media share from wireless to wired doesn't work to well.

This could just be do to the custom firmware or the router itself I'm not sure.

So, are you recommending that I download a custom firmware for my router? I don't honestly think that is my problem.

Earlier today, I was messing around with the network settings on my 360, and I was changing some numbers around, and I finally got my 360 to detect my computer. However, upon having my 360 detect my PC, I had strict NAT settings, and no matter what I did, I could not get them to open. So, here are my current settings:

Command Prompt:

ipconfig /all:

Windows IP Configuration

Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : GATEWAY

Primary Dns Suffix . . . . . . . :

Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Unknown

IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : Yes

WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : No

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : NETGEAR FA311 Fast Ethernet Adapter

Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-09-5B-1D-80-58

Dhcp Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes

Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes

IP Address. . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.100

Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0

Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1

DHCP Server . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1

DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 74.128.17.114

360 Settings:

IP Address: 192.168.1.101

Subnest Mask: 255.255.255.0

Gateway: 192.168.1.1

Primary DNS: 74.128.17.114

Secondary DNS: 74.128.19.102

Router Settings:

MTU: Enabled: 1500

Local DHCP Server: Enabled

Security Filter - Block Anonymous Internet Requests: Enabled

Filter Multicast: Enabled

Filter Internet NAT Redirection: Disabled

Filter IDENT (port 113) Enabled

VPN Passthrough - IPSec Passthrough: Enabled

PPPoE Passthrough: Enabled

PPTP Passthrough: Enabled

Port Range Forward - IP Set to 192.168.1.101 (My 360's static IP)

Port 88 - UDP & TCP: Enabled

Port 2047 - UDP & TCP: Enabled

Port 3047 - UDP & TCP: Enabled

Port 2869 - TCP: Enabled

Port 10243 - TCP: Enabled

Port 1900 - UDP: Enabled

Ports 10280-10284 - UDP: Enabled

Administartion:

UPnP: Enabled

Note: I checked my router on the xbox compatibility list, and it is there. However, it says version 3, and mine is only version 2.00.4 -- I highly doubt that I need to upgrade my firmware, as my problem seems to be with IP numbers and the like. Also note that I have tried power cycling - didn't work.

I'd recommend updating to the latest firmware for the router, because it won't take more than a few minutes, and linksys does actually manage to fix a few bugs and improve performance slightly over time. I'll look into other solutions in the meantime.

Get a netgear or d-link.

Linksys is horrible. It used to be good before Cisco took them over, now Cisco puts shit out under linksys so people will by the hella expensive Cisco alternatives.

Update firmware, retry guides.

If it says it only works with v3 and up, then it probably only works with v3 and up.

Not buying a new router, but I'll try upgrading firmware tomorrow.

Are you manually configuring your network settings, or are you allowing your xbox and computer to set them automatically?

I know somone that had this problem, they got a PS3 and that fixxed it.

Lol! Ace. Love that idea.

Well if you ask me the whole networking system on 360/Windows is too much hassle.

I attempted to do the same kind of thing, but for music and my 360 and even after the 4ish hours I wasted trying to figure out why following the directions wasn't working, the 360 wouldn't recognize most of the files anyways.

This led to me hooking up a mac mini (<3 MACS) to my 44 inch TV (same one as the 360), and now I have a computer with a huge screen. Also Windows networking in general is the glitchiest shit ever. As soon as I got my mac, it was able to share its printers/files with every other computer on the network (both windows + mac) after just installing mac's little networking software to the other computers.

In the end MAC FTW.

Are you manually configuring your network settings, or are you allowing your xbox and computer to set them automatically?

I've tried both. When I was entering them manually, I got my 360 to recognize my PC, but then my NAT settings changed to Strict, and there was no way that I could set them to open, even after following directions.