Heads Up! This website is no longer maintained, if your a member from our era, consider joining the discord to say hello.
Sign in to follow this  

Battlenet question

Hey first time poster here and I just have a quick question.

Does anyone know if i create a battlenet account using war3 with a valid war3 cd key and I use the created account with starcraft to log into battlenet does starcraft still need to have its own seperate legit cd key?

Yes, the two games use separate CD Key systems, therefore they both require their own keys.

Thank you for the quick response, I recently taught a friend of mine how to download starcraft he just got his first computer at 28 years old and its the first RTS he has ever played.

One more question :o in the file i got from the forums voidedkeys.txt am i wasting my time trying to find one that isnt muted? I guess it doesent really matter my friend doesent need chat functions anyway :D

It is probably a waste of time, however you could possibly find one that works. I don't recommend it though, because if you try to test keys too often, your IP will be permanently banned from Battle.net. If your friend wants, you can purchase SC online from Blizzard's store, then he'll have a valid key to use.

Thank you for the quick response, I recently taught a friend of mine how to download starcraft he just got his first computer at 28 years old and its the first RTS he has ever played.

o.0

Well, not all people grew up on computers and Command and Conquer.