Heads Up! This website is no longer maintained, if your a member from our era, consider joining the discord to say hello.
Sign in to follow this  

[Tutorial] How to pick a secure password

Hello everyone, today I'm going to teach you how to pick a secure password. I've been using this method for years now, and I've never had any trouble with it. It will stop every password cracker and it's very easy to remember your password. It involves several steps, which you can get fast at over time. So, let's begin?

The first step, is to pick 3 words of your choice. Let's say, "the red tree", for instance. I just picked this at random, but you can pick things that are relevant to you, like your favorite number, color and city. It really doesn't matter, just something that is easy for you to keep track of.

The second step is to turn it into the password format, which would be "theredtree", we don't was spaces in the password, while valid, just adds length and get's in the way later.

Now, we add capitalization to the equation, this step is optional, but all the well more secure. One good way is to do the first letter of each word that you previously picked. And then the last letter of the password. In this example, it would become "TheRedTreE".

But we're not done yet, next we add numbers. Here's a great way to keep track of what goes where:

I = 1

S = 5

E = 3

T = 7

O = 0

Based on that, our password now becomes: "7h3R3dTr3E"

You want to try and keep the numbers to every other character, because it's organized. This way we don't have too many. You don't have to make the password this complicated, because even just doing one or two letters will make the difference.

Now we need to add something to the end the password, to make it unique. It can be your birthday, your favorite numbers, random numbers that you already remember. Or something relating to those 3 words. In this case, for the example, we'll use 00.

So our password, has now become "7h3R3dTr3E00".

The last step is what makes the password secure, it's the make or break for most passwords, the symbol character. You need to add a symbol in your password, something that's easy to type. We don't want your password to take you 10 minutes to enter in, so let's pick an easy finishing symbol, like the comma, the period, or the quote.

Finally, the finished product is this: 7h3R3dTr3E00'

All you have to do is keep track of what numbers stand for what, and that every other letter is either capitalized, or numbered. And anyone can remember at the end it's 00'. So all you have to remember is, the red tree. With that said, goodluck everyone!

Thanks for reading.

interesting method ghozt ;)

Seems like a long process for something that's not really needed, but then again you never know.

Indeed it is interesting i how ever come up with a word add some numbers a punctuation and another letter for example

Lol1342.2 Or Lol1342!2 etc

All my passwords are the same 9 numbers. :/ 123456798.

Jk.

But I have such bad memory with passwords I only use two different passwords. No way I could do this. Thanks anyways.

Lol his password is probably 987654321 instead of 123456789

probably, when I logged on to my laptop I realized I actually did this without noticing it, it's 3 words and some of the letter were substituted for numbers. huh

Lol his password is probably 987654321 instead of 123456789

SHHHHH DON'T TELL THEM THAT!!!

:o

But maybe I could try this.

5+5=10>nine

thats a good password :o, somthing that is based off math is easy to remember

Yeah... That gives

Possible combinations:

3 characters: 3.81520424 × 10^29

4 characters: 2.12676479 × 10^37

5 characters: 2.16840434 × 10^43

6 characters: 1.75945241 × 10^48