Heads Up! This website is no longer maintained, if your a member from our era, consider joining the discord to say hello.
Sign in to follow this  

Starcraft Error!

i was reminiscing the other day so i decided to get my starcraft cd out and dust it off to play it... and i had to dl a new patch and all that junk and i saw i could play without the cd i almost creamed myself :P

but it was short lived cuz i got this error < ^ > w/e the picture is :/

post-3-1251837197_thumb.jpg

OWWWWWWwwwwwwwwwwwww CRC error! That sucks, man. Get the ISO from Torrent.

I'll quote some posts I found on this subject, then link you to the forum after if you need to look it over.

"CRC errors are always some kind of read errors somehwere in the pipeline from the disk to the harddisk.

* The DVD maybe broken.

* The DVD drive is unable to compensate broken or 'dirty' parts of the DVD.

* The DVD drive maybe broken.

* The SATA/PATA controller maybe broken.

* RAM is running not well under their current settings (whatever they are).

* RAM maybe broken.

You can test RAM with Memtest."

"Try copying the contents of the DVD to harddisk and install from there. For some reason, that works better than running directly off the disk."

"Ok, this is rather amazing and strange. I decided that I would inspect the disc and make sure there really wasn't any damage before returning it. There were two very small smudges on the disc, something that most of my games suffer from, but rarely causes a problem. So I pulled out my eye glass cleaner, then sprayed and wiped down the cd with the eye glass cloth.

I figured, eh, what the heck, I'll give it one more try now that it's SPOTLESS. And, it installed without a hitch. : All that aggravation over something so small."

Further in that thread someone said they had this problem because they werent doing a clean install so they had some files left over which interfered with the install. By the way they aren't talking about Starcraft however the basic principles of the error should be nearly the same.

Thread: Thread Link

Hope that helps.

Happened to me do what zhuinden suggested.

As with Suteki's post, you usually get this error when the disc is dirty. You could even enter your CD-Key onto Blizzard's online store and download SC. Or you can torrent an ISO.

wow... u guys are slow.. i waited like 15 min yesterday b4 i gave up and downloaded it from blizzard and now for some reason all my maps are gone and i cant find my original sc folder fuckin pissed me off but ehh im over it im downloading maps again soo ehh

ohh if anyone has mexican speed ling the one with the mexican music in the back ground pm a link :)