Heads Up! This website is no longer maintained, if your a member from our era, consider joining the discord to say hello.
Sign in to follow this  

starcraft help

Okay, so I have this .iso for my starcraft and broodwar. I needed to reinstall my starcraft due to someone using my cd key, and when I try to run Oblivion. I get the error "missing cursor/arrow.grp" I think its in the StarDat.mpq thing. But i'm not sure about what to do. I had this hack working before I reinstalled it. Please reply asap.

-ps, If this is in the wrong section, please move it to the right section and don't close the topic :D

Thread moved to the Gaming Technical Help Center.

It appears that the disc image you downloaded became corrupted some how and is missing a part of the Stardat.mpq file. You're able to enter your CD Key (if you have another one) onto Blizzard's online store to be able to download a copy of Starcraft. Be aware that using the downloaded copy of Starcraft may result in Oblivion's loader not working properly. If that happens, please let me know, and I'll see if I can create some registry files for you to use.

It appears that the disc image you downloaded became corrupted some how and is missing a part of the Stardat.mpq file. You're able to enter your CD Key (if you have another one) onto Blizzard's online store to be able to download a copy of Starcraft. Be aware that using the downloaded copy of Starcraft may result in Oblivion's loader not working properly. If that happens, please let me know, and I'll see if I can create some registry files for you to use.

Thank you :D!!!!

Actually, this whole time I've been using these CD keys, so they are constantly taken :P http://www.Ghoztcraft.net/forums/Free-Star...eys-t12173.html

Anyway, greatly appreciated. Very active forums :P.

Thank you :D!!!!

Actually, this whole time I've been using these CD keys, so they are constantly taken :P http://www.Ghoztcraft.net/forums/Free-Star...eys-t12173.html

Anyway, greatly appreciated. Very active forums :P.

One problem :( I get this weird random picture when I try to add a game.

starcraft.jpg

Anyway, greatly appreciated. Very active forums tongue.gif.
We are very active.. if Viper is asleep. When he's awake we all hide.

More on topic: It makes sense that your CD keys are taken considering the source. I suggest going down to a mall or any gaming store and just buying the StarCraft anthology for like $10-20.. it's worth it to have a CD key of your own, as well as your own set of the campaign. :P

Anyway, greatly appreciated. Very active forums tongue.gif.
We are very active.. if Viper is asleep. When he's awake we all hide.

More on topic: It makes sense that your CD keys are taken considering the source. I suggest going down to a mall or any gaming store and just buying the StarCraft anthology for like $10-20.. it's worth it to have a CD key of your own, as well as your own set of the campaign. :P

If this problem isn't solved. That's exactly what I'm gonna do. I think I'm gonna go on BitTorrent again and see if re-downloading my .iso images will help. :P

Oh, and viper. I forgot to mention that for some reason, I can run starcraft when I open setup.exe, but that means I can't run my hack. Which, is annoying. But, why does it do that? I don't understand what opening the setup window has to do with anything. Also, I can't open starcraft through the starcraft folder in my program files folder.

You can try using Blizzard's built in method of running the game without a disc to see if it helps you out.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- patch 1.15.2

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Feature Changes

- StarCraft and StarCraft: BroodWar no longer require the CD while playing the

game. To play without the CD, please follow the following instructions:

- Windows Users:

- Make sure you have "Hide extensions for known types" unchecked under

Explorer Folder Options.

- If you own only StarCraft, copy "INSTALL.EXE" from the StarCraft CD to

your StarCraft folder and rename it to "StarCraft.mpq".

- If you own StarCraft: Brood War, copy "INSTALL.EXE" from the StarCraft:

Brood War CD to your StarCraft folder and rename it to "BroodWar.mpq".

- Mac users:

- If you own only StarCraft, copy "StarCraft Archive" from the StarCraft CD

to your StarCraft folder.

- If you own StarCraft: Brood War, copy "Brood War Archive" from the

StarCraft: Brood War CD to your StarCraft folder.

You can try using Blizzard's built in method of running the game without a disc to see if it helps you out.

- patch 1.15.2

Feature Changes

- StarCraft and StarCraft: BroodWar no longer require the CD while playing the

game. To play without the CD, please follow the following instructions:

- Windows Users:

- Make sure you have "Hide extensions for known types" unchecked under

Explorer Folder Options.

- If you own only StarCraft, copy "INSTALL.EXE" from the StarCraft CD to

your StarCraft folder and rename it to "StarCraft.mpq".

- If you own StarCraft: Brood War, copy "INSTALL.EXE" from the StarCraft:

Brood War CD to your StarCraft folder and rename it to "BroodWar.mpq".

- Mac users:

- If you own only StarCraft, copy "StarCraft Archive" from the StarCraft CD

to your StarCraft folder.

- If you own StarCraft: Brood War, copy "Brood War Archive" from the

StarCraft: Brood War CD to your StarCraft folder.

:/ No luck there, I guess that's not my case. I think I might invest (well not really) on Starcraft lol. It's cheap anyway. After this iso image finishes downloading. If this reinstallation doesn't work. Then I'll go to my last resort. :P

Finally someone who will at least take the time and effort to just get a working CD Key and their own set of discs to use XD

Finally someone who will at least take the time and effort to just get a working CD Key and their own set of discs to use XD

Yeah.. it seems most people are willing to go to extreme lengths just to get an online copy of a CD key which usually turns out to be ripped/muted/voided. I prefer the old fashion method, which is, in fact, going to your local retail store and using some hard earned cash (LOL!) to buy a 10 buck copy. If I want to get a bot (and I indeed have one) then I just use my other Blizzard games, since I don't (usually) play more than one of those games at a time. :P

Yeah.. it seems most people are willing to go to extreme lengths just to get an online copy of a CD key which usually turns out to be ripped/muted/voided. I prefer the old fashion method, which is, in fact, going to your local retail store and using some hard earned cash (LOL!) to buy a 10 buck copy. If I want to get a bot (and I indeed have one) then I just use my other Blizzard games, since I don't (usually) play more than one of those games at a time. :P

QFT, I use my WC3 account for bots if I need one, which is very rare.

Indeed, I use my D2:LoD or WC3 account for my bot.

--As a side note I actually had to Google that (QFT), I hadn't come across that acronym before. :P

Yeah.. it seems most people are willing to go to extreme lengths just to get an online copy of a CD key which usually turns out to be ripped/muted/voided. I prefer the old fashion method, which is, in fact, going to your local retail store and using some hard earned cash (LOL!) to buy a 10 buck copy. If I want to get a bot (and I indeed have one) then I just use my other Blizzard games, since I don't (usually) play more than one of those games at a time. :D

Indeed, I use my D2:LoD or WC3 account for my bot.

--As a side note I actually had to Google that (QFT), I hadn't come across that acronym before. :P

Problem resolved! :( I went to my local gamestop and got the last starcraft Battle-Chest copy there. Feels great finally having starcraft :P

:P awesome! And you decided to start playing just in time too, for there's a new innovative SC hack being developed and will be beta tested right here at this website for the upcoming Starcraft Hacker's Tournament. I'm sure you'll enjoy the hack :P

:P awesome! And you decided to start playing just in time too, for there's a new innovative SC hack being developed and will be beta tested right here at this website for the upcoming Starcraft Hacker's Tournament. I'm sure you'll enjoy the hack :D

Hey, I've got a question. I've installed starcraft, but I'm using vista. So I think the problem is that oblivion is searching through my C:/program files folder instead of my C:/program files(x86) folder. For some odd reason, when I move starcraft to my C:/program files folder, I get the cursor/arrow.grp error. When I keep it in my (x86) folder. No cursor/arrow.grp error. But, the hack states that there was no starcraft installation detected. Way to fix this? I got the legit starcraft now :P.

I am using Vista on my gaming computer and Oblivion and other hacks work perfectly fine even though StarCraft is in my C:/Program Files(x86).. I'm not sure what the problem could be, perhaps try re-dling Oblivion and update it if needbe. Oh and remember that you should inject all hacks/cracks into StarCraft AFTER you run it and log in to Battle.net unless specifically directed to not do so in the ReadMe.

Edited by GhoztMan

I am using Vista on my gaming computer and Oblivion and other hacks work perfectly fine even though StarCraft is in my C:/Program Files(x86).. I'm not sure what the problem could be, perhaps try re-dling Oblivion and update it if needbe. Oh and remember that you should inject all hacks/cracks into StarCraft AFTER you run it and log in to Battle.net unless specifically directed to not do so in the ReadMe.

If I run oblivion after I start it, then it will say could not find oblivion.dll . So that's not the case. I have NO idea what the problem is, I tried re-downloading that hack and all. It's definitely the latest version, I have no idea why it can't find my starcraft :D. Do you have battle chest? Do hacks work with it? Probably. But just a question.

The battle chest isn't a different game, it just has both Original and Brood War in the same pack and shouldn't cause anything out of the ordinary, trust me because when I got my StarCraft I bought a battle chest. But as you your problem, sorry I can't help since I don't use Vista. :D

Attached is a zip folder containing a registry file. Running it will hopefully install the registry key that zLoader looks for. I have no idea if it does look for this or not, but it's just a guess. Once you've run the registry file, try running zLoader again. Reply back with results :D

Starcraft.zip

Attached is a zip folder containing a registry file. Running it will hopefully install the registry key that zLoader looks for. I have no idea if it does look for this or not, but it's just a guess. Once you've run the registry file, try running zLoader again. Reply back with results :D

Starcraft.zip

Viper. I have no fucking idea how you do it. BUT OMFG IT WORKED>>>!!!??!@#}>!#:>!"$%*)%)(!R!!! thanks!!! a ton!

I have a bad feeling that he will log off, and not come on until October 30th so he can register for the SCHT, because Viper told him about it. He will then proceed to not come to the SCHT because he wants pizza. rofl I hope he proves me wrong! XD

I'm just that awesome :) Your welcome megadeath, now I at least know it works :D And that it's not just something you can try to see if it works since it's confirmed ^^

I have a bad feeling that he will log off, and not come on until October 30th so he can register for the SCHT, because Viper told him about it. He will then proceed to not come to the SCHT because he wants pizza. rofl I hope he proves me wrong! XD

lol ghozt don't worry. I'll stick around :D, and thanks again viper :)