Heads Up! This website is no longer maintained, if your a member from our era, consider joining the discord to say hello.
Sign in to follow this  

Firefox freezing(but not really)

I've been running into this really annoying problem lately where if I don't move my mouse, the firefox screen freezes, but it's still running.

Once I move my mouse, all of the visuals jump back into place.

It only happens occasionally, but it's annoying.

Anybody know how to fix it?

Get Opera or google chrome.

I really hate when people say to switch to a different browser. That's not a fix, that's being a chickenshit and dodging the problem.

Have you tried reinstalling Firefox? Copy all of the file and folders in your Firefox data folder.

Like C: > Documents and Settings > User > Application Data(Hidden Folder) > Mozilla > Firefox > Profiles > {random letters and numbers}.default

Don't copy the folder itself as when you reinstall, the random numbers will be different. Just copy everything inside.

Don't worry about parent.lock. You can't copy it but it only appears while Firefox is running. Completely unnecessary.

If you have tried that, then maybe check your graphics settings or something. =

I really hate when people say to switch to a different browser. That's not a fix, that's being a chickenshit and dodging the problem.

Have you tried reinstalling Firefox? Copy all of the file and folders in your Firefox data folder.

Like C: > Documents and Settings > User > Application Data(Hidden Folder) > Mozilla > Firefox > Profiles > {random letters and numbers}.default

Don't copy the folder itself as when you reinstall, the random numbers will be different. Just copy everything inside.

Don't worry about parent.lock. You can't copy it but it only appears while Firefox is running. Completely unnecessary.

If you have tried that, then maybe check your graphics settings or something. =

Or it's just stubborn stupidity.

Or maybe it's because the new upgrade for firefox is completely stupid. Not only has it messed up my colors but it also ruined its performance. I was a devout firefox user until this last version upgrade. Now it sucks candy canes.

Cherry no it is not a lazy ass cop out it is the freaking truth. GET RID OF FIREFOX AND GO WITH A DIFFERENT BROWSER UNTIL IT IS FIXED! BOTTOM LINE FEMALE DOG!

Or you could all the unnecessary fecal matter that bounder said and mess up all your settings. But what the monki do I know?

If you can't even fix your firefox without asking us how. Tell me if you're computer savvy enough to mess with your settings and not monki things up?

OH and by the way bounder your ideas were useless because the new version of firefox is having issues with java and search engines like yahoo and google on some machines. So it is a compatibility issue that needs to be resolved in the next version.

Rdy2Killz if you really want to keep firefox then I would suggest uninstalling it then re-installing the version before 3.5. You will not have the problems with version 3.12

I'll try reinstalling first.

Then I'll try downgrading.

Let's keep the cursing to a minimum. >.>

I have 3.5.5 and have not had any problems.

It's not like the suggestion Bounder said was anything crazy, simply copy all the files in the folder he mentioned, uninstall firefox, reinstall, paste all the files back into that folder. 3 step process lol.

Copying your profile does nothing to your settings -.-

You could just do what I do and tell Firefox to fuck off when it offers to update. I keep this at like 3.2 or something and it runs fine.

I'll try reinstalling first.

Then I'll try downgrading.

Let's keep the cursing to a minimum. >.>

Sorry I was just messing with bounder. :thumbsup:

*(fixed my previous post)*

try disabling all your addons and seeing if the problem goes away

Yeah I know, and apparently Monki is the new word for Fuck.

You can go to Zar, you son of a Viper!

:D

I haven't had any problems with FireFox! Perhaps it's your comp itself? :)

What the...

Are we using names as curses?

Well, this is just a piece of Bounder! I can't decide on who's name to use!

I fear a Ghoztcraft meme in the making...