Heads Up! This website is no longer maintained, if your a member from our era, consider joining the discord to say hello.
Sign in to follow this  

New Flat Screen LCD Tv Problem

I bought a Dell W2600 26" LCD TV and after maybe a year 1 year 2 months at tops it stopped working it wouldnt turn on after that. one time the power turned on and off cuz of a storm, and i tried turning it on and it stayed on for a while but if i switched it off and tried to turn it back on it would not work so i would have to turn it on and leave it running but now it wont even turn on please help fix this problem i dont want to have to buy a new400-500$ tv

So The issue is that when you push the power button, it does nothing at all?

The reason I ask is because I had a LCD monitor awhile back that I had to throw out because the power button stopped functioning, and was stuck in the off position. Since the button was digital, I had no way to repair it.

If the warranty is out from the manufacturer, then there isn't much that can really be done to fix it without trying to have some TV repair shop, or Dell repair it.

IF you have tried the standard Unplug the unit for 10 seconds then plug it back in business with no luck, then I would assume that you are having the same problem I spoke of.

ughh alright well thanks anyway

Get it refurbished/fixed. Try looking up some local places that fix monitors/televisions.

Warrenty best bet, also you can get a 42" for around 400-500$ now

If it is no longer on warranty take it to a repair shop. My friend owns a TV repair shop and he says it sounds like a power supply issue. It will cost around +/- $150 to fix it, depending on your area and shop prices.