Heads Up! This website is no longer maintained, if your a member from our era, consider joining the discord to say hello.
Sign in to follow this  

Starcraft 2 beta accounts selling!

Starcraft II beta accounts fetching astronomical prices

Access codes to the "beta test" were handed out for free, with many thought to have come from giveaways at a 2008 fan festival organized by the game's developer, Blizzard. But a few enterprising fans promptly put theirs up for sale on auction sites like eBay -- and the going rate is as much as $400.

Source(s): http://videogames.yahoo.com/events/plugged...prices/1390237o

Pretty epic right? Ahahahaha video game nerds. ^^;;

Man, people are crazy. Spending hundreds of dollars on a Beta? What is the matter with people...? lol

South Koreans.

I know I'd do it if I were desperate enough. Fortunately I'm not and can definitely wait for the actual game.

400? I wouldnt pay 40. those who are selling though are smart

Yeah these guys are selling the key's in bundles with whole accounts. And most of them got their key from blizzcon event cards and stuff.

It's up to Blizzard to keep an eye out for these accounts and then disabling the corresponding keys. So all parties are at risk if involved in any of these transactions. The seller for selling something that they technically did not pay for. The buyer for buying something that may potentially get disabled in the near future. And Blizzard, because now they have less beta testers.

I see.

That's crazy. 400 dollars. >.> I would never pay that much, not even for starcraft 2. This isn't even SC2, this is SC2 BETA. -_-;;

yeah frowned upon like masterbating on a plane

Well in any case, I'm thinking that those keys will get banned.

You can buy mine if you want.

Yeah, I saw one going for $940. Insanity. Of course it also came with two level 80's for WoW and the "BlizzCon Exclusive" Polar Bear Mount. Still insanity.

Edited by GhoztMan