Heads Up! This website is no longer maintained, if your a member from our era, consider joining the discord to say hello.
Sign in to follow this  

Quite possibly the worst music video...

Ok so I watched this video of Lady Gaga Earlier Called Telephone. The reason I watched it was because a ton of websites were making a big deal about how it was one big advertisement for like 10 different products, and people were up in arms about it....blah blah blah I really didn't want to name the video as to save you guys the anguish of actually watching it. I changed my mind because I wanted other peoples thoughts on it.

Anyways, I watched it, and was seriously traumatized. IT'S FUCKING HORRIBLE!!!

Lets ignore the fact of if you actually like the music (I am not a fan of her music at all) and ignore the fact that there are like 10 OBVIOUS ads in the video. Just judge this video on the substance.....IE dialogue, visuals, dancing, etc.

The reason I say this is because this video is like a mini-movie so to speak. The only thing that I ask of you, is that if you actually watch the video, you have to watch the entire thing.

Let me know what you think!

http://new.music.yahoo.com/lady-gaga/video...once--218656764

Why does she have soda cans rolled in her hair? The ending was really strange, beyonce and gaga poison all the people in the diner and then they dance around the corpses. Thats kinda morbid..

Yeah, and what about that shitty "dialogue" where people aren't saying anything...but yet, they are? I mean WTF are they mindreaders?

I have no idea why this video has to be the way it is. It's like they wanted these people to act....but the acting is so shitty it's not even funny..

Like I said before....IT'S FUCKING HORRIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This video's effectiveness is amazing. Sure, it's weird as hell, but it achieves it's goal. Get as many people to watch it. What did you do Jordan? You told us to watch it and to specifically watch for the advertisements in it. What else did you say? Oh, watch the WHOLE video? Okay, will do. Oh, and it also helps I like her music so I think I'll go download her song now.

The video doesn't have to be GOOD so to speak, to make waves and grab everyone's attention. If everyone's talking about it, then that's exactly what the video was intended to do. I'm surprised you called it a bad video because it's doing what it was meant to do VERY well. Here's some more fuel to fan the flames.

"'Telephone' is the second single taken from Lady Gaga’s latest album The Fame Monster.Yesterday, March 15, Billboard announced that “Telephone” reached number one on the Pop chart, becoming Gaga’s 6th consecutive number one on the chart. She is the only artist in history to do this."

Here is a link to the video when it was released on youtube. It was released just last week and has already garnered 6,200,449 views as of this writing.

And you can view a nicely done de-construction of the music video and all of it's elements here: The Atlantic

After all of this, you have to admit, Lady Gaga, like her or hate her, knows how to generate attention.

You make some good points...but the main reason why I watched the video was because of articles written about it. As I am not at all a fan of her music, I watched it to see what everyone was complaining about.

I think you are missing my point though. Although it has garnered interest pertaining to the points you made, it has to be one of the worst visual spectacles I have ever seen. The "Dialogue" , the dancing...etc is just horrible. I am dumbfounded that someone could "write" and "Produce" this thinking that it was good.

Yeah.. i have to agree. Then again lots of people like things i dont.. from my perspective its kind of sick though.

You make some good points...but the main reason why I watched the video was because of articles written about it. As I am not at all a fan of her music, I watched it to see what everyone was complaining about.

I think you are missing my point though. Although it has garnered interest pertaining to the points you made, it has to be one of the worst visual spectacles I have ever seen. The "Dialogue" , the dancing...etc is just horrible. I am dumbfounded that someone could "write" and "Produce" this thinking that it was good.

True, I agree the music video itself was very very strange. But it's effect is truly amazing.

I wonder what drugs influenced this

"I knew you would take all my honey you selfish mother fu&*#@"

I don't think it's a bad video, but nor do I think it was good.

It was strange, and that's all there is to it. Sure, it attracted attention, sure people go to that video like bees to honey, but that video is well... disturbing. I have nothing against her music, but the video was... insane, for lack of a better word. How do these people come up with this stuff? o.0

I was wondering the exact same thing. The horrible, and senseless dialogue just makes me want to hurl....and don't even get me started about the "dancing" lol

This music video has received over 1 billion views since it was released last week.

I watched it, but I don't get it. Is there a message behind it or is it totally random?

It seems to be a ridiculously random video with a ton of advertisements stuck into it.

I agree.

It's just one 9 minute commercial.

Its randomness I mean what else could it be

I wonder what drugs influenced this

There is no doubt in my mind that the producers of this video must have been on crack, mixed with some LSD...and don't even get me started on the script writers lol

HA all of them horny guys on LSD trying to film they're sexual fantasy that's what this is

is that a joke?

Holy crap, I thought it was just a joke.. o.0

Some people just don't know how bad they are. And that's bad as in horrible.

I... thought it was a joke too.

How does he make money?