Heads Up! This website is no longer maintained, if your a member from our era, consider joining the discord to say hello.
Sign in to follow this  

Starcraft problem

Hi everybody!

I got a big issue. I suddenly wanted to play Starcraft so i downloaded iso files for both the expansion and non expansion and installed it without any problems. I also installed the 1.16 patch from the blizzard site.

When i start the game its like usual but when i start the campaign and starting to play, after a couple of minutes the game errors and i get this error message

This application fas encountered a critical error:

The file data is corrupt.

Program: D:gamesstarcraftstarcraftstarcraft.exe

File: E:install.exe

Musicterran3.wav

And i have gotten similar error messages through all the 3 first terran maps. I'm not sure about the last row in the message i saw that this last time i got the error.

I'm on a windows xp pro sp3.

Please help me i really wanna go through the campaign.

You should try disabling your sounds with Ctrl+S. Also files might be corrupted therefore the ISO might be corrupted. You could attempt running a chkdsk c: /f on your hard drive.

You may be able to simply replace the corrupted file with a different audio file...

Also try re-installing...

Yeah if you replace the file, it shoudl work...

Actually i found out that just setting the music volume ingame was the answer it doesnt error anymore. Kinda strange error but now i can play the game atleast :P.. im hoping that brood war works better :). Thx for all the help guys :).