Heads Up! This website is no longer maintained, if your a member from our era, consider joining the discord to say hello.
Sign in to follow this  

Gaining information

I have been wondering. How exactly can you find great videos on youtube, or learn about new movies you should watch, or find books that you should read? How do you learn of new things to do, how do you gain information about new information to gain?

The question is crucial and important. I expect answers.

I have been wondering. How exactly can you find great videos on youtube, or learn about new movies you should watch, or find books that you should read? How do you learn of new things to do, how do you gain information about new information to gain?

The question is crucial and important. I expect answers.

You can find most of these things by immersing yourself in a group of people that share your values, and sense of entertainment. The type and sophistication of such subjects will be wholly dependent on the type of people you ask depending on their values. For instance my English teacher would be much more likely to recommend me a good book, movie, or video than one of my classmates would. Those recommendations that you seek can easily be elicited from people.

If you want to remain 'anti-social' about this whole thing, then it's as simple as asking yourself what you look for in each of those subjects and running searches with key-terms related to those values. It will pretty much be hit and miss though, why not make a social deal out of all of it and bond with people by finding out about their values? Besides game hacking this whole concept is basically what this community is about and why it's survived for this long.

News are where you learn of new things and gain information about new information and then you can get more in-depth by doing your own research on said subject. I myself do not keep up with the news, but I would recommend NPR as I have used it frequently on the past and found it to have high standards. I've also used it to find out about 'good' music.

You could always ask your teachers and parents for advice on which type of media is good. Ask your grandparents (if they are still alive,) you might get a good cultural experience! When an opera, ballet or play comes to your city or town, go to it instead of the movies. Immersing yourself in different cultural activities will help you be more rounded when comes to likes and dislikes within the media.