Heads Up! This website is no longer maintained, if your a member from our era, consider joining the discord to say hello.
Sign in to follow this  

Starcraft Minimap / Bottom Bar modding

Hello,

I am looking for a way to customize the minimap / navbar / bottom toolbar (not sure what you call it) on the Starcraft 1 interface

Does anyone know a way to do this?

At the very least, I'd like to be able to change the colors of the minimap as well as the colors of the alerts, so that alerts are invisible (alternatively, does anybody know of a way to get rid of the alerts?)

Ideally, I'd love to be able to completely remove the minimap, and customize features of the bottom toolbar

Thanks in advance for ideas / recommendations!

• Downvote 1

I'm sorry I cannot help you with your endeavors, but I am curious to why you would want to edit such things and completely remove the minimap?

I'm sorry I cannot help you with your endeavors, but I am curious to why you would want to edit such things and completely remove the minimap?

Well, I am interested in playing without the minimap being available.

In other news, I figured out how to make a custom MPQ file with altered images (fyi, in StarDat.mpq, gametminimap.pcx determines minimap colors and gametconsole.pcx is the image for the entire bottom console)

Anyway, so I have this custom MPQ but cannot figure out how to have StarCraft (Broodwar) read this and use it in the game. Does anybody know how to do this?

I would use this MPQ Editor and take the custom MPQ and merge it with the current StarDat.mpq in your StarCraft folder.

I'm assuming that since you were able to create the the custom .mpq file that your tech savvy can figure out how to use the editor, if not just PM me and we can chat somewhere.

I would use this MPQ Editor and take the custom MPQ and merge it with the current StarDat.mpq in your StarCraft folder.

I'm assuming that since you were able to create the the custom .mpq file that your tech savvy can figure out how to use the editor, if not just PM me and we can chat somewhere.

Thanks, GhoztMan. I sent you a pm, but I wanted to just post here as well in case anyone else felt like chiming in...

I was able to make a custom MPQ and use it with MPQ Draft, but I'd like to (as you suggest) merge StarDat.mpq with my custom MPQ. I tried MPQEditor.exe, but I wasn't able to figure out how to merge. I think one problem may be that I do not have the proper .txt list file --

Previously, I used WinMPQ (and its list file) to create the custom MPQ, but I when I tried to make a merged StarDat.mpq, the changes didn't appear when I ran starcraft. Also, I'm using chaoslauncher to inject a BWAPI dll-- so I'd like to be able to use this custom MPQ without having to run MPQ Draft

Sorry if that is too much info-- I just wanted to make sure you knew the situation

Thanks!!!!