Heads Up! This website is no longer maintained, if your a member from our era, consider joining the discord to say hello.
Sign in to follow this  

Stereograms (3D Imagery)

For those who don't know, Cross Eye Stereograms are two images side-by-side that are almost exactly the same. The only difference is a slight rotation on the right one. This imitates the slight difference between the two eyes.

To use crosseye stereograms right: Cross your eyes until the two images made a third in the middle. Then you have to sharpen your focus on it while keeping your eyes crossed. It is a bit difficult until you figure it out and can get used to doing it.

NOTE: Do not resize images. Keep them small enough to completely fit on the screen or it won't work right. Also, Larger images can be painful, so don't watch too long.

I will put up one I made and various others I grabbed from Google Images. I will not post images themselves, only Links.

I recommend starting on stationary images before trying animated ones.

Mine first. This was a rotation image to begin with. I did not make the original, only the Stereogram. FOCUS on the Japanese Text to make it easier.

Original

Full-Size Stereogram

Smaller Stereogram (I find it easier to see this version)

Other Stereograms:

Some Desert Plant

Top View of Land

Fly

Another Fly

Squirrel

Abstract Geography

Tree Bridge

Asian School Girl

Bug

Flower (My Favorite :D)

Lamp

Another Flower

Woman

Doll

Candle Holder

US Capitol building

Archway

Swamp

Spaceship

Red Robin Bird

Tyrannasaurus Rex

More Flowers

Another Spaceship

Potted Cactus

Abstract

Lego Car

Bridge

Some Place

Field and sky

Abstract Block Storm

Alice in Wonderland Stand

Nami from One Piece

Battle Figurine

Desert Rocks

Stereogram Flash

Girl Trapped in Chair

Plant

Top View City and Lake

Guy

Easter Island

Moon

Car

Mirror's Edge

Rings

Floating Blocks

WARNING: The following are NSFW. Erotic images. Do not view unless 18 or older.

Nude Against Post

Bottom Up (Animated)

Anime Breast

Doll Pose

Breast Grab

From Behind

Girl

Nude Pose

Real Woman Nude

Pregnant

Woman Breasts

Wet Breasts

Exposed Anus/Vagina (WARNING: Very Offensive Image)

Figureine

Gaping Anus (WARNING: Very Offensive Image)

Snake Woman

Furry Bikini

• Downvote 1

For those who don't know, Cross Eye Stereograms are two images side-by-side that are almost exactly the same. The only difference is a slight rotation on the right one. This imitates the slight difference between the two eyes.

This is slightly incorrect.

The difference between the image is the parallax between the left and right images. It's the same way the Nintendo 3DS' screen works. Because both of your eyes are located in two different locations, the images they each see is slightly different by the angle of the distance between both eyes and the object they are viewing. Objects closer to your eyes have a much larger parallax angle, while things further away will have a much smaller angle. To see the parallax angle of an object, all you have to do is close one eye, and look at a point on an object. Then quickly close that eye while opening the other eye. If you did it correctly (not moving where your eyes are looking) you will notice your other eye is looking slightly to the side of the object you are viewing. This slight difference, is the parallax angle of the object. There is no "rotation" of anything going on, just a different angle of viewing something.

I was born with a cross eye problem, but it's fixed now. It doesn't happen automatically anymore, but I can still will my eyes to do it easily. This is pretty cool, didn't have a problem even on the first try. :)

Meh, I know how it works, I just couldn't think of a way to say it.

Really getting it to work is kind of resetting the default point where your eyes look. Just keep un/crossing your eyes until both images stay overlapped and you're able to focus on the the middle image. You should be able to 'reset' your eyes main-point once you get used to it. I can look at one, cross my eyes to get it working and then not bother maintaining it as my eyes just stay there like they normally stay facing the same direction.

If you have a laptop (Or a monitor) put your face up to the screen so your nose is almost brushing the screen. Relax your eyes, and slowly move away from the screen while relaxing your eyes and staring straight ahead. As you slowly move away, do not try to focus your eyes on the screen, just keep staring ahead. After a while, the image will naturally cross your vision, and you might see the stereoscopic image.

EDIT: Here are two examples of more stereoscopic images. You have the traditional stereo view like the ones above: [sTEREO]

And then you have the stereoscopic image that requires the cyan/red glasses: [ANAGLYPH]

I hate Anaglyphs =\

Cross-eye Stereograms require no extra hardware :D

How well do the Anaglyphs work? I've never personally seen one.

They work just as well as stereo-grams, especially since you don't need to be cross-eyed to see them. However the discoloration of them is what makes them unpopular. But it takes the same information of both perspectives and combines them into the image.