Heads Up! This website is no longer maintained, if your a member from our era, consider joining the discord to say hello.
Sign in to follow this  

2018 Winter Olympics

The Winter Olympics were awarded for the first time to South Korea on Wednesday as the city of Pyeongchang was named as host of the 2018 Games.

Pyeongchang had been a persistent candidate after finishing second to Vancouver in voting for the 2010 Games and to Sochi, Russia, for the 2014 Olympics. It had built its candidacy for 2018 on a proposal to expand winter sports in the lucrative Asian market.

Read more...

Source: http://www.nytimes.com/2011/07/07/sports/2018-winter-olympics-go-to-south-korea.html?_r=1&partner=rss&emc=rss

Yay for Korea. Being full Korean, I'm glad. And plus it gives me an excuse to go back and visit, since I haven't been able to visit in a long time.

They should have SC2 as a part of the Olympics this time, its location in mind. :3

Yup! :D

@GhoztMan: LOL, imagine? x)

SC2 Olympics would be pretty fun to watch. And Josh being Korean is news to me. Had no idea this whole time :o

Fuck the korean speed skating team is going to fucking destroy. and if US beats them they will assassinate our team.

• Like 1

I'm pretty sure it's news to everyone.

I can't remember mentioning it. :P

Where I live, it's so filled with koreans, every other race at our school knows some korean phrases.

This will be a fun Olympics year. :P

Does anyone else think this would be a prime time and opportunity got North Korea to attack South Korea?

I think the North would make more enemies than allies by doing that at this event.

I don't think they have that many allies anyway...

The "awesomeness' that is the Olympics. Winter or not :-) :haha: