Heads Up! This website is no longer maintained, if your a member from our era, consider joining the discord to say hello.
Sign in to follow this  

Changing the SC2 Client's Audio Language

Changing your SC2 Client's Audio Language

By following the steps below, you'll be able to change the voice actors spoken language of your game client from any language, to any other clients language. There are other methods, but this is the only method that requires you to make a change only once. After patches, this should not reset. People feel safer using other methods that don't directly involve MPQ editing, but I can assure you that the end result is the exact same.

As always, do this at your own peril. MPQ editing is against the ToS. While there are thousands of people doing it without any reported bans, I'm not going to tell you there's no chance of getting banned for doing it because there's always a risk no matter what anyone tells you.

Still interested? Awesome, me too. First off, you're going to need to download the
. This is by no means advanced software, it just lets us open the files used to make SC what it is, and let us see what's inside. As well as edit them. Obviously.

Go to your SC2 folder, Mods\Liberty.SC2mod and then open enGB.SC2assets with the MPQEditor (Just drag and drop it onto the editor). This might also be called enUS/enRU/enLA.SC2Assets or whatever. Depends on your region. There's also one in there called enGB.SC2Data. Make sure you don't mix them up.
BACK UP YOUR enGB.SC2ASSETS FIRST INCASE YOU MESS UP or change your mind later.

After you've got that open, go to the folder "LocalizedData" inside. This will have the two folders "Facial" and "Sounds" within it. You're going to need to replace the "Sounds" folder with the one in the download below. After that, you're good to go.

Here's a visual aide to the tutorial:

All credit goes to Teliko. Check out his blog about MPQ editing
!