Heads Up! This website is no longer maintained, if your a member from our era, consider joining the discord to say hello.
Sign in to follow this  

Trying to get some decent Headphones.

I've been looking for an internet headphones. headset. I was thinking turtle beaches, but they're like 50-80 dollars[uS].Wanna know if anyone has some good recomendations under $30. Stuff for recording to use for school, skype, etc.

:]

Edited by fanimorph

There are a Certain set of Microsoft Headphones, They've got Great Bass, The Mic is OK, But if you wanna record, Move it close to your mouth.

About 35$.

I can't recommend anything because I don't know a lot about them, most decent headphones start at $90 and above.

from my experience with headphones I didn't like logitech much.. I have a pair of g35's and they are over priced (imo) poor audio quality but excellent mic. I got mine @ 59.99 refurbished

I have a razer megaladon and its pretty nice, my favourite of my headsets but it goes for like 130 ish now

but overall i recommend tritton, more specifically for arround 100 bucks the Tritton AX 51 Pro, and for a little cheaper at around 80 bucks the Tritton AX 180. Both headsets have decent audio, and great mics. The other two headphones i mentioned were 7.1 surround sound so thats a plus but the trittons are 5.1 and stereo. I would save up the extra 20 and go for the AX 51 Pro, imo best under 100 gaming headset.

and if you look at local stores which have a refurbished section + warranty the above headphones can be actualy cost effective, maybe even below 30 depending on the stores. I think your best bet is either local electronic stores(check their websites... you dont have to physically go to each one) and as risky as ebay may sometimes be.. but with some proper background checking ebay is a viable option.

Also check out some reviews on youtube

and on a side note you do have the option to get the headphones separate from the mic.

CYBER ACOUSTICS offers a desktop stand style mic for like 13 bucks which is actually really good quality, then you can find some less expensive but still good quality headphones. Haha I once bought a pair of Sony MDR-V900 HD's from ebay (fake ones) for 30 bucks and they are amazing, best quality headphones I've had for music and they are fakes!!

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p5197.m570.l1313&_nkw=sony+mdr-v900hd&_sacat=See-All-Categories

• Like 1

Lol, well I would recommend any type of Beats because I have the Beats Pro, but they are very costly. Razers are really good too. I like Skullcandy is one of the best brands I have heard of, they are not so expensive, and neither that cheap, you can find good ones. My first headphones were Aerials. They have a wonderful sound, and cost from $20-$30 and above. There designs are cool too. I recommend you to use headphones and a microphone because it is so much easier.

• Like 1

I suggest these headphones: Bose Around-Ear Headphones

I've used them for years (Around 3 years now) and I love them. That is, if I'm trying to really listen to what I'm hearing since it's just a pair of headphones. They feel comfy, snug around your ear, and they block out a huge amount of background and ambient noise. Mind you, they're expensive, but to me they are well worth the price. The current pair I own right now have lasted me for over three years now. They handle bass amazingly well for their size (They aren't ridiculously huge like some of the turtle beach earforce, or razer headsets that you see all over the place) and they can handle the highest of treble with minimal distortion.

On the other hand, if you want ear buds, I recommend these: Razer Onza+

These babies can multitask! With multiple attachments for your Nintendo DS, PSP, hell even a laptop, these earbuds can connect to everything! (It'[s why I bought them!) With a built in microphone, they can even connect to your cellphone and allow you to use it as a hands free device. The sound clarity is pretty good for normal sized earbuds, and they even come with different sized cushions for different sized ears. Their open back design allows for fairly good handling of bass, and they can handle treble just fine. I can also recommend them because they're from Razer, and I've branded myself with their logo. (Literally, it's on my back)

• Like 1

Correction : Looking for headphone w. MICROPHONE.

Yeah, shoulda mentioned that.

HEADSET.

thats the word :]

Edited by fanimorph

Do you also happen to own an Xbox? If so, then I'd recommend the Turtle Beach Earforce series. I own this exact model: Turtle Beach Earforce X11

I got it because I was wanting a headset as well, and it can also double as an Xbox headset connecting to your controller if you want to use it in place of those flimsy one-sided Xbox headsets. It even has some voice feedback to allow you to be able to gauge how loud you are speaking into the microphone. You can even connect it directly to your Xbox to listen to the audio in your games allowing you to hone in on enemies better in games such as Battlefield and Call of Duty. (You can seriously hear where other people are approaching you from in the game using these)

It can handle bass very well because of it's design, while still blocking out a decent amount of ambient noise. It's not a noise-cancelling headset, though the volumes it can handle will be able to drown out any background noise you may be experiencing.

Pros: Great for multitasking, you can use it with your computer as well as an Xbox. Sounds great, and it can handle music just fine.

Cons: Wires! Sometimes there's too much of it. My model comes with I think it's a 6-7 foot long wire. I actually had to get a small Velcro strap to keep it bundled together. I also think my head is slightly too large for this headset, but it's not that big of a deal.

Yeah, I think i might just go and scan ebay or craigslist for some turtle beaches. A school freind of mine brought his mike over once, this was a turtle beach, And the wires drove me nuts trying to talk. Nice sound quality though.

For 30 bucks and under, I'd suggest Plantronics GameCom OpenEar. I used them a bunch a couple years back before I got my current pair, and they're really comfy. Mic quality is decent and sound is pretty good as well. A pretty average headset overall, but for 30 bucks it's a good stand-in before you get a great pair like some of the ones mentioned above.

if ur still looking check out dealextreme, i know its all made in china... but the site has reviews and you can purchase things after reading customer reviews.

they offer free shipping and really cheap prices.. there is a headset for 8 bucks there LOL

and (some) people say its actually a decent headset:

http://www.dealextreme.com/p/yihao-stereo-voip-and-gaming-headset-3763

that specific headset has 78 reviews + youtube videos of operation/un-boxing and plenty of user input

also

http://www.dealextreme.com/p/deluxe-voip-headset-with-microphone-6217

for 6 bucks, the reviews look really good! lol, people seem to say it works very well

I just bout a couple things today from there today, and I have in the past

It may work very well, but it probably just does that, works. It might not sound very good at all, which I am certain of.

It may work very well, but it probably just does that, works. It might not sound very good at all, which I am certain of.

heres some reviews

Pros:

Attractive clean lines.

very comfortable earpads.

holds snugly but isn't uncomfortable at all

good sound

great crystal clear pickup with the mic

the mic boom is flexible along the whole length.

Cons:

I can't think of any really. The boom could be a little longer but it's such a good mic, you can position it next to your mouth and completely out of your field of view.

Other Thoughts:

I bought 5 of these.... they are perfect for kids on their PC's so that they can start skyping family.

You could man a call centre with these headsets.

Bottomline:

Buy them.... they are a fantastic bargain and great quality. I wish all the stuff from DX was this much of a surprise in great quality.

and

Pros:

* Great bass sound.

* The microphone is very clear.

* Very cheap.

Cons:

* Poor/Low treble reproduction.

* The very thin wiring is not built to last.

Other Thoughts:

If you can boost treble on your setup, the sound is perfect, if not it still sounds great. It felt a little bit tight on my big head but I haven't had any discomfort in about 4 hours straight use.

Bottomline:

This has probably the best bass sound I've had in a cheap headset. Unless you're willing to spend a lot of money on the best quality sound, buy this one. Great product.

and

Pros:

This headphones works perfect. Works quite fine. Sponges are very comfortable and you can stay with the headphones for a long time.

Microphone is right. You can move it and also have a very tough protection.

Wire length is enough OK.

Sound quality is very very good. I also use it to listen music and it sounds very nice.

Cons:

Maybe a little bit of noise when you connect it, but just for this moment.

The wire seems very thin, but for the moment it works very good.

Other Thoughts:

If the wire was a little bit more thick it was perfect. But no problem for the moment.

Bottomline:

This is perfect for listen music and talk with skype. I recommend it for this price, I didn't find something similar for this price.

I personally can't vouch at all. I do know compared to anything that's a legit brand name this will not compare, and even if it does have good quality the question will be how long it will last. If he's looking for something really cheap its hard to go wrong