Heads Up! This website is no longer maintained, if your a member from our era, consider joining the discord to say hello.
Sign in to follow this  

'Zerg rush' chews up Google search resul

Users who look up the term "Zerg rush" Friday are finding the latest in a series of geeky Easter eggs planted by the search giant's engineers. The search produces a swarm of marauding "O's" which inevitably destroy virtually everything on the search-results page.In gaming terms, a "Zerg rush" is when a player is swarmed by a huge number of weak opponents. Any one of the bad guys is easy to take out, but the threat is that they'll overwhelm you with sheer numbers.It came from "Starcraft," a 1998 real-time strategy game in which a player could choose to play as "Zergs," an alien race. Skilled players soon learned that they could quickly spawn a massive number of low-level units ("zerglings") and overwhelm their opponents.

In the Google search, the "O's" from the Google logo turn into "attackers" which multiply and begin banging themselves against text on the page. Users can click to "kill" them, but will eventually fall to the rush.

After they take out your results, the O's band together to spell out "GG" -- gaming slang for "good game." If a player does well enough, they can post their score to Google+.

Source:'Zerg rush' chews up Google search results

I already told my friend about it he was pretty stoked

Yeah i played this easter egg...

i lost ;p

Yeah i played this easter egg...

i lost ;p

I was doing this the other day at work, made all my co-workers do it too. :lol:

It's funny because most people look at the top and then get killed by the bottom o's