Heads Up! This website is no longer maintained, if your a member from our era, consider joining the discord to say hello.
Sign in to follow this  

Heart of the Swarm Campaign

Just finished the campaign, and it was okay. Not as crazy as the Wings of Liberty Campaign in terms of having so much new things happening in the story. As much as we've seen from the trailers for the game, it's essentially what we get in the campaign for HotS. But for now, onto multiplayer...

That's good to know. I wasn't sure if I wanted to buy it.

Yeah, slightly disappointed at how linear it was, but meh. A story is a story, they haven't gotten to the really good stuff yet. As far as I can see, they don't have much room for wrapping any loose ends up in just one more expansion...

Yea the story was pretty lack luster in my opinion. I mean blizzard did an amazing job like they always do in their cinematic's. I dunno if it was just me, but at parts I could predict what would happen next in the story.

Just a prediction on the next expansion giving a bit away:

So My prediction for the next game is that anon will play a major role for the protoss and what not... But according to my friend that wont happen.

Edited by Cripp

Yea the story was pretty lack luster in my opinion. I mean Blizzard did an amazing job like they always do in there cinematic's. I dunno if it was just me but at parts I could predict what would happen next.

So my prediction for the next game is that Amon will play a major role for the Protoss and what not... But according to my friend that won't happen.

27829705.jpg

And then there's all the other errors in there.

Reminds me of Warhammer Space marine, great visuals, yet quite simple gameplay, I only play it for the competitive online now a'days.

Yea the story was pretty lack luster in my opinion. I mean Blizzard did an amazing job like they always do in there cinematic's. I dunno if it was just me but at parts I could predict what would happen next.

So my prediction for the next game is that Amon will play a major role for the Protoss and what not... But according to my friend that won't happen.

27829705.jpg

And then there's all the other errors in there.

I never said I was an english major.... I am known for my bad grammar and spelling. I am sorry :/.

I know, but I couldn't help myself. It was too much for this grammar nazi.

I know, but I couldn't help myself. It was too much for this grammar nazi.

I do appreciate it though. Even though it is annoying for someone to correct another. I like that someone does because I personally do not like sounding like a retard.

• Like 2

I ended up watching a playthrough since I'm broke. Here's my opinion. it was a continuation of the love story of Jim Raynor and Sarah Kerrigan. The levels in the campaign were unique and In my opinion much more enjoyable. this however didn't add to the story only the gameplay. The story started how I expected and ended how I expected.

Yep, which I thought was rather disappointing since I was mostly interested in the story. Finding out that it wasn't as surprising as the WoL story took some of the enjoyment out of it for me. But the constantly evolving aspect of the Zerg was nice, including finding out more of their background.

If you guys go back and play the levels through for achievements.... You will notice that when going through the lab run you see some foreshadowing going on and actually see a lurker in one of the tanks. Going back and playing the game on normal compared to my brutal experience is a total joke too lol.

Yeah I noticed those too, and I was like dammit I better get some lurkers soon. <3 Lurkers and Hydralisks. I think I'll go play some SC2 now haha

I don't really see how the lurker in the tank really shows any foreshadowing. Mind explaining? Also do you guys think that after legacy of the void blizzard will do another expansion? or do you think they'll wrap up the entire story? I just feel like they have a lot to do in legacy of the void to close up this series.

I don't really see how the lurker in the tank really shows any foreshadowing. Mind explaining? Also do you guys think that after legacy of the void blizzard will do another expansion? or do you think they'll wrap up the entire story? I just feel like they have a lot to do in legacy of the void to close up this series.

Its a small foreshadowing in the fact that when wings came out they removed the lurker breed completely. But now in heart of the swarm they revamped them through the hydra breed (one of the evolutions give you the options to pick the lurker strain). Which is funny because back in brood war, in multilayer a lot of people would go Hydra/Lurker. I just find it cool is all.

Also yes! were talking about blizzard here. They are cash cows and after seeing the great response from WoL and HoTS I dont see why not? I believe they will focus too much "rebuilding" the protoss to become strong again. Because the protoss was always considered a dying breed even before the great war. So Its very doubtful to fit everything they need to in 25 levels to tell a GOOD full story.

Edited by Cripp

Yeah that's what I feared. and since it's blizzard I wonder if they'll let you buy LOTV without purchasing HOTS. If I have to buy two expansions I don't think I would end up buying it until a bundle came out.

The way things are implemented between WoL and HotS, I believe you will be able to play LotV without having HotS.

I'm mostly curious on how that will work for battle net. You only get the new units from buying that expansion right? so will they implement the HOTS units into LOTV expansion?

Each game version uses it's own "library" of units and settings so to speak. I'm sure in order to make things compatible, they can add duplicate units into each library that comes with each game. That or they could probably add the units in a patch, and they would probably go this route, only allowing you to be able to use the units if you actually purchase the game.

I think each expansion will have its own ladder in the same sense that StarCraft 1 and StarCraft: Brood War had separate multiplayer experiences. However the majority of people will probably be playing the most recent version, like with Brood War. Not sure about custom games, although I'm sure there will be workarounds.

I guess we'll just see. Anyone else notice this is one of the longest on going topics we've had in a long time?

But of course, which bodes well for our interests as a whole, because this topic is about SC. And everyone better love it if they visit this site regularly haha

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if SC2 turns out to be a rather drawn out game, considering lots of people still play SCBW and that game is over a decade old. The replay value is just so high, that alone would be able to allow Blizz to release new content for it for years to come.

I agree. SC2 appeals to more than RTS players because of custom games. I had a friend buy it after seeing people's custom games.

This is one of the longest going topics in a while because it doesnt contain "OMGEEE THAR IS ANOTHER HACKA ON HERE PLEASE BAN?"

I agree with all the post above though. Starcraft is always competitive and is not a dying community. I remember for the longest time I was addicted to the sniper game. Then I got bored and down loaded the auto lock from here and almost got banned xD.