Heads Up! This website is no longer maintained, if your a member from our era, consider joining the discord to say hello.
Sign in to follow this  

Nintendo Is Losing It

First off, its called the Wii. How stupid is that? almost as bad as the virtual boy (think sim *shudders*). also, the only thing backing the damn thing is a frickin controller and 20 years of downloadable games. you know where I go to get 20 year old games? a game shop or a bargain bin in the shop. the controller also, while looks kinda cool, is basically a light gun. nintendo is making a light gun specifically for it, noit realizing you can do the same damn thing nearly exactly with a reg. controller.

now my friend posed the arguement: but you can look down the sight and it feels like a gun, and mentioned Police 911. while that would be cool to have stuff like Police 911 on the Wii, actually Revolution cause Wii sucks, the thing is basically a waste of money (light gun controller).

also, the price is 200, meaning barely more than a DS, which has very subpar graphics and some really horrid games. nintendo is going for originality over graphics. that may be a noble cause, but even the diehard fanboys (i use that term loosely, i know few of them) say they only might get a Revolution as a second system. this means nintendo will lose a large portion of their didicated fanbase, others leaving to the superior 360 and PS3 crowds.

now i have nothing against nintendo as a company, but even though they claim to be very original, they rehash every ****ing game they get all the time. <_< they get a hit on an original title and say: wow, lets make a ton of $$$ by slapping the name on this and that because we made a buck. PERFECT EXAMPLE: Mario!!!!!!!!

simply put, i do not want to type every damn game hes been in, but i counted and i stopped at about 100 or so. thats waaaaay too much.

also, they had 27 games on E3, only 2 of which publicized heavily. that sucks compared to pc and its spore and other stuff. i know it could be due to popularity, but come on. 27?

Nintendo is gonna be #3 again this time around.

wii was made for publicity pretty much. i mean, isnt iPod a really stupid name? the virtual console (20 years of games) is thrown in cuz they know lots of old school gamers may buy the wii for it. the light gun couldnt detect motion last time i checked. you can attach many things to the wii controller. nintendo has stated b4, they are not going for their loyal fans, (and arent even competing directly with MS or sony) but instead people who dont play video games and probly never have.

Edited by Poply

i understand the light gun part, but isnt nintendo just making something in a controller what ps3 could do with eyetoy and a lightgun or something? sure, itll cost a bit more, and you cant have more than one player on an eyetoy (you can, and its funny though), but basically nintendo is like the SF Giants, running on hype over a dumb controller. again, i shouldnt say dumb, but its only a controller folks. also, im not sure how the dl thing will work, but im getting beside the point a bit. iPod does have more of a ring to it, and sounds a hell of a lot better than the Wii, and its spelled nicely. We, Wii, Wee, same crap, i hate homophones.

still think nintendo is losing it. they were competing from the start of the (at least when they got into it) industry. they obliterated the competeition. now that ps3 and 360 (sony and microsoft) are the head honchos, the lost some business from older gamers and such, they dropped out this time around.

saying they shouldnt make a big deal about their controller is like saying MS shudnt make a big deal about live: "i mean, the internet already has all that stuff"

or like saying sony shouldnt make a big deal about blue ray: "so what? i gotta pay $600 to watch movies?"

i personally think ipod sounds very retarded. i mean, what does "i" stand for, then what does "pod" mean? the door swings both ways.

yeah, kinda have to agree, however, a nintendo spokesman stated that nintendo is now only catering to the light game player, they even admitted to not being able to compete with Sony and Microsoft. So as we all know, the Wii, will suck because its not meant for people who preffer the Xbox 360, or the PS3. its meant for people who dont want to buy a super expensive game system, and also for those who dont care for the highend stuff.

"First off, its called the Wii. How stupid is that? almost as bad as the virtual boy (think sim *shudders*)."

So you're not going to buy ti because of the name...makes total sence '_'

also, the only thing backing the damn thing is a frickin controller and 20 years of downloadable games. you know where I go to get 20 year old games? a game shop or a bargain bin in the shop."

So you would rather pay for old games rather than dling for free...the same game....and i heard they might upgrade the graphics...

he controller also, while looks kinda cool, is basically a light gun. nintendo is making a light gun specifically for it, noit realizing you can do the same damn thing nearly exactly with a reg. controller.

Exactly...you can do the same with an xbox controller because theres motion detection in it and you can move a cursor on the TV by pointing with a controller rather than moving an analog...

now my friend posed the arguement: but you can look down the sight and it feels like a gun, and mentioned Police 911. while that would be cool to have stuff like Police 911 on the Wii, actually Revolution cause Wii sucks, the thing is basically a waste of money (light gun controller).

Do you have an obsession for killing and stuff and like wanna kill people and stuff?...maybe the controller isnt just a gun and can be used in RTS and other ways...

And OK Nintendo makes games for a younger audience...maybe thats why you dont like Nintendo...making you a hater...therefore your opinion is worthless and blurred

also, the price is 200, meaning barely more than a DS, which has very subpar graphics and some really horrid games.

Youre complaining about that it costs too little '_' >.<<_< .....Subpar graphics...HAHA because it was awarded the best game with the best artistic style and graphic tech.

Horrible games...What do you like?...Halo 3?...Sweet a trailer with no gameplay and was 2 minutes and showed nothing....

Nintendo's franchises are top notch...and LoZ FTW!!!

nintendo is going for originality over graphics.

and other companies use their ideas....so obviously the other companies like their originality....and the graphics are still good

that may be a noble cause, but even the diehard fanboys (i use that term loosely, i know few of them) say they only might get a Revolution as a second system. this means nintendo will lose a large portion of their didicated fanbase, others leaving to the superior 360 and PS3 crowds.

HAHAHA your an idiot...all the sheeps are going with the wii...and you say that the fanboys arent...buy wait...you just said yourself you dont know many... :P ....superior 360 crowds?...theyve only sold 10 miliion units...and if you think thats alot..your really dumb

And nothing against ps3...but ps3's E3 tracked away alot of dumb cows

now i have nothing against nintendo as a company, but even though they claim to be very original, they rehash every ****ing game they get all the time. dry.gif they get a hit on an original title and say: wow, lets make a ton of $$$ by slapping the name on this and that because we made a buck. PERFECT EXAMPLE: Mario!!!!!!!!

it obviously works...look how many people want Super Mario Galaxy and LoZ right now...and you say you have nothing against nintendo....thats the biggest bs ever...

simply put, i do not want to type every damn game hes been in, but i counted and i stopped at about 100 or so. thats waaaaay too much.

108 to be exact...but its the best sellling franchise ever...so they dont really care...

also, they had 27 games on E3, only 2 of which publicized heavily. that sucks compared to pc and its spore and other stuff. i know it could be due to popularity, but come on. 27?

Your comparing PC to a console....think about that...and there tons of great games on it if you track it at all

Nintendo is gonna be #3 again this time around.

They will beat MS easily...MS totally messed up by rushing the system

I will add a few of my thoughts on the matter...

1) I loved nintendo, If it wasn't for them video games would probably not be where they are today.

That being said they have fallen off quite a bit over the years.

2) most of the things they do is by gimic, they hardly come up with cutting edge tech anymore, the wii is a horrible name but that is on par with their other decisions. the revolution was better, but they knew that they were getting crap because nothing about the console was revolutionary...

3) everything they do is with their tired libary of games, everything is mario and I am sure the number of games with mario in it way exceed 100....

4) nintendo knows that the machine wont compete. I was glad to hear that sega is teaming up with them for the virtual console, but two things will kill it. One the prices to rent games are way too high, two if old school gamers want to play the games they will plug in the NES which is way better for us, or hey, play them on emulation. Plain and simple the console is geared towards little kids whos parents do not want to spend 400 plus on any video game machine. That is the one decision that has made nintendo fall from the king of all video games to the bottom of all.

It is sad to see them fall like they have. When they were making games and revolutionizing platforms was the greatest time in videogames

Gamecube wasnt a success...even though i thought it was awesome

but anyway...Wii will regain the power like during N64....

Nintendo is getting TONS of support already...from Blizzard...to Ubisoft...to Sega....to even Square Enix

ch.azn do u go on systemwars.com or gamespot.com alot? (you know term for each companies fanboy)

yo know, i think everyone's allegiances lie in what company started them in the video game thing in the first place. for me, i t was sony. my grandma got me the old PSX and ive had every PS system (except PSone, no need for it really) since. afterward, i got a gameboy, which is where i think nintendo will do better, in handheld, but once sony steps it up (and according to PSM they will on a huge scale) they'll be beat there. jordan was brought up on nintendo, and ch.AzN probably was as well. i loved nintendo, but when i saw all the had was download system and a super-hped controller, i lost faith in them. beleive me, i used to hate microsoft for budding in on the console realm, but now, after pistol-whippin nazis and no-scoping mofos in farcry and CoD2, ive grown to like them a fair amount.

when i saw the ds, first thought was could be really fun.

it was. but it also had N64 graphics. now this is fine for people wanting to allign with nintendo because they see sony as i saw microsoft back in the day, and thats cool, but nintendo needs to get away from cartidges for christ sake. its been about 20 years and theyve only been able to make one system that runs on discs.

now this is a bit between thoughts here, but im really against how damn smalll the GC discs are. that and the fact they waste resources (not much, but enough to add up) by not making the plastic cases smaller as they did for PSP and for DS. now these are handhelds, but they could still have made them a bit smaller.

here is the thing i want to say:

fans of different systems will almost never agree. thats that. thats why azn picked apart my post, thats why i posted this. i wanted to get opinions.

and yes, it is sad to see nintendo becoming the next sega.

and no, AzN, i am not a hater. i am a realist lol. j/k. but seriously, they will lose a hefty amount of older gamers

here is the entire list via wikipedia. that is about 128, not 108. last time i checked thats called shameless rehashing and cameos.

Mario Wiki

ch.azn do u go on systemwars.com or gamespot.com alot? (you know term for each companies fanboy)

GS...

afterward, i got a gameboy, which is where i think nintendo will do better, in handheld, but once sony steps it up (and according to PSM they will on a huge scale) they'll be beat there.

Handheld battle isnt even close....Nintendo dominates...very true

jordan was brought up on nintendo, and ch.AzN probably was as well. not really...

i loved nintendo, but when i saw all the had was download system and a super-hped controller, i lost faith in them.

All they have is a dl system and a hyped controller?...And whats your point...All the other systems have only a few features too...Sony has that music stuff...MS has live everywhere which isnt that great because the xbox pop isnt big enough to make a huge significance...

but nintendo needs to get away from cartidges for christ sake. its been about 20 years and theyve only been able to make one system that runs on discs.

So...your complaining about how they use cartidges....are you reallly gonna make a big deal about that? Or are you a pirate and wanna pirate PSP and Ps3 games....o wait...Ps3 is blu-ray...so good luck with that

and its not like they dont know how to make discs...they just dont want people pirating games...

now this is a bit between thoughts here, but im really against how damn smalll the GC discs are. that and the fact they waste resources (not much, but enough to add up) by not making the plastic cases smaller as they did for PSP and for DS. now these are handhelds, but they could still have made them a bit smaller.

This is a terrible arguement...you are complaining that the GC discs are small and that THE GAMECASES are proportionally too big...WTF? who ****in cares....If you argued that its lame how the GC dics are small because some games require 2 discs and there are less features in certain games than the same for other consoles...then your arguement is worth something....but your ****in arguing about the size of a gamecase....

I dont agree with you...not because im a sheep...but because your arguement is so stupid...You say how there arent many features for the Wii...blinded to see the features of other systems...All that online stuff you cant argue because Wii hasnt even given demonstrattions of it yet....

And you complain about how Nintendo is using cartriges on the DS...and how the Gamecase of the GC was too big with a small dics....

Your arguements could be developed...but you give the crappiest reasons ever...

And you say that Nintendo is losing older fans.....But they are absolutly winning all them youngsters

well I will say one thing, they did go wrong not having the GC capable of playing DVD's which was a huge draw for people to by their kids ps2's and xboxes because they could kill two birds with one stone during the dvd blowup. Also I will say that Nintendo IN THE CONSOLE wars made a huge mistake by marketing so much to kids. It worked with the handhelds of course because that is who playes they mainly, but for consoles the biggest age bracket is 18-25. Also they have felt that younger kids are less likely to pay big money for a video game system.

I did grow up on Nintendo...BUT N64 was far from the heyday for nintendo. that my friends is where everything went wrong for them. I grew up on atari 2600 and NES. NES invented many of the formats and games that you play today, that is when everything was mostly fresh, new and exciting.

jordan, last time i checked average gamer age was 35. i do agree GC should have played dvds.

i didn't say the average gamer, i said the biggest age bracket for video game purchases are ages 18-25

"for consoles the biggest age bracket is 18-25"

oh i see. i some how got the idea u meant: most ppl that play games are 18 through 25.

how could that have happened? :)

edit: u didnt mention purchases

Edited by Poply

ok, i may have bad specifics, but the dvd factor was meant to back it(for ex) . think: if nintendo never screwed over sony, then this wouldnt be debated as much! in my own opinion, nintendo screwed themselves over by not ending the future console wars and not picking phillips. i hope they learned their lesson there. *cough* the adventures of link *cough*

First off...the DVD thing i guess tracked away SOME people...Runnign DVDs on a console damages the game reader in the console...if you didnt know...so many people didnt use it to play movies.

They did do the wrong thing by tracking a younger audience....and RE4 definately saved them...

"cough* the adventures of link *cough*"

If youre gonna complain about zelda games...you flopped big time...You cant name a single bad Zelda game...and if you think they shouldnt continue with them...then its like throwing away GOTY 06

well I will say that even though I admit that dvd's burn out the drive faster...it was one of the main draws for parents to purchase one for their kids because they didn't have to buy both....many people did use it as their only dvd player.

Also of course nintendo made a mistake on the CD rom port for the SNES. If they would have not tanked what would become the psone things might be completely different.

LOL lets not even get started on the abomination of the phillips CD Zelda.

you cant say nintendo is Losing it though...Wii is reviving themm if anything

dude in my opinion the wii could really be bad for the Nintendo, if it doesn't work out they might drop out of the console biz forever. They know that they can make money with their handhelds and with their licenses for the huge library of games they have.

nah...the wii really is alot more tracked than all the systems...alot see ps3 flopping...

xbox 360 had a pretty shitty E3...

the price really fvcked over sony...you read any of that shit?

but i still think nintendo wont do as great....thats just what those Pros or w.e say

The wii is simply inferior. 360 and PS3 will surpass in graphics, games, gameplay, and really anything else except being able to release 300+ more mario games. Nintendo just can't keep up. They've tried appealing to children over and over again which seems to be thier greatest sucess. But in the end, they will always loose to Microsoft and Playstation when it comes to system specs and games. Nintendo fans cling to the fact that Nintendo is the original system and because of thier originality they will come out on top. I seriously doubt this will happen... I doubt wii will even match up with a regular Xbox in console specs. Even DS was blown away by the PSP. If it weren't for Pokemon and Mario Nintendo would be dead. Oh, and the 20 years of games... Who really cares?... I can download all of those games for free from the internet and play them on my computer (with my wired 360 controller with USB support) for free without buying a crappy console. Infact, I can even download PC and PSX games if i want to. Emulation already surpasses Nintendo's "20 years of gaming". Nintendo has nothing left but Mario, Pokemon, and a controller you can swing around like a retard at your television. Although I sympathize with Nintendo's failure, they really can't compare to PS3 and 360's system specs.

Well although I agree that they have lost it over the years I will say a few things about nintendo. It is sad to see how far they have fallen over the years in the console market. That being said, they have made millions on handhelds marketed towards kids. For christ sakes they sold the original old Gameboy in 50 different forms with the same technology for 10 years!!. Got to give them credit for that. Also Nintendo is not the original gaming system my friend. Nintendo saved video games with their strict licenses. The total value of their library of games and the licenses that go along with them are worth millions...if not billions. Emulation as you know it is illegal. I have every systems emulators and roms....But that wont stop nintendo from making money on the games.

I do admit that the controller sounds like a bad idea. So does the making a system that they purposly made not to compete directly with the other next gens....They will make money with the parents who do not want to spend 300-600 on a ps3 or 360.

The only reason they will make money on the old games is because people don't know about emulation. Some of us are just blessed with ePSXe, ZSNES, Project64, Alcohol 120%, and about twenty 1 gig blank CD's. <_<

Well i am sure that plenty of people know about emulation. I mean it is all over the place. Its like saying a person wont make any money off of a CD because of Limewire and P2P software like that.