Heads Up! This website is no longer maintained, if your a member from our era, consider joining the discord to say hello.
Sign in to follow this  

nintendo wii specifics revealed

costs $250/£179

releases November 19th

no dvd playback

no hard drive

launches in europe on december 8th

zelda: tp is launch title

zelda: tp for gamecube delayedtill december

wii sports to have boxing

25 launch titles (Call of duty 3)

[first party] games to be $50

2000 wii points for 20 bucks

500 for nes games (virtual console)

800 for snes games (virtual console)

1000 for n64 games (virtual console)

wii remotes cost 40 bucks

nunchaku is 20 bucks

can buy opera for wii to surf the web

metroid prime 3 coming in 2007

region free (still unclear)

photo editing

weather service

free online (not web browsing)

backwards compatible with gamecube discs.

Controller to be used with some older virtual console games that would be better played with a classis controller. revknow_screen008.jpg

i know i probly missed a bit of stuff or possibly misread/misspelt/missinterrpereted something(s).

info taken from gamespot.com

edit:

confirmed launch titles

Excite Truck

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess

Wii Sports (bundled with the Wii console)

Call of Duty 3

Marvel: Ultimate Alliance

Rapala Tournament Fishing

Tony Hawk's Downhill Jam

World Series of Poker

Trauma Center: Second Opinion

Madden NFL 07

Need for Speed: Carbon

Elebits

Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz

Blazing Angels: Squadrons of WWII

Far Cry: Vengeance

GT Pro Series

Monster 4x4: World Circuit

Open Season

Rayman Raving Rabbids

Red Steel

Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Double Agent

*bolded out ones i thought most important/interesting

Edited by Poply

Need for Speed: Carbon Is going to kick some serious ass.

Nintendo is a little kids system.. but Im really good at racing games like need for speed i kick ass.. and i can say that .

im saddened that u think that. i'd be even more saddened if u thought that AND because of that, you wont buy one. it appeals to everyone. not just kids.

LMAO look at that controller.

Its the combined form of Super Nintendo and Xbox 360

free online (not web browsing)

YES! They were discussing if there would or not be online play.

Sweet, omg This system=my B-day present for sure.

T_T

Twilight Princess will be so kickass, I saw it in an old magazine how you shoot an arrow, it's hilarious/flippin sweet

:thumbsup:

I think I might want a wii and an xbox. The playstation really messed up this year.. T_T

I think I might want a wii and an xbox. The playstation really messed up this year.. :)

You took the words right out of my mouth...erm....hands..?

o.0

playstation has not messed up at all. They have done a bad job of getting the right info to the consumer. but it will still be a great system. People complain about the price, but go price out a blu-ray player some time soon....

I am not so interested in Smash bros. I am interested to see what sort of new ideas for games that they can come out with. As much of a fan I am of the old series, I feel like they are kind of played out. Will be interesting to see what sort of games they come out with.

I love how they are up to their old shenanigans though...making you purchase a bunch of extras...but thats Nintendo's M-O for years.

I am not so interested in Smash bros. I am interested to see what sort of new ideas for games that they can come out with. As much of a fan I am of the old series, I feel like they are kind of played out. Will be interesting to see what sort of games they come out with.

I love how they are up to their old shenanigans though...making you purchase a bunch of extras...but thats Nintendo's M-O for years.

yah, it sux that they dont make you pay for something like a blu-ray or hd-dvd player/drive.

i hear the new SSB will rely on more air combat.

<3 teh wiI

yah, it sux that they dont make you pay for something like a blu-ray or hd-dvd player/drive.

i hear the new SSB will rely on more air combat.

LOL does that have anything to do with what I was talking about? No it doesn't. Nintendo has a history of making you purchase additions. You know that they will come out with dvd playback, and memory-cards that only hold like 3 games? Or how about making a handheld dim, so you have to purchase another one with a bright screen? Nintendo invented that sort of crap long ago.

LOL does that have anything to do with what I was talking about? No it doesn't. Nintendo has a history of making you purchase additions. You know that they will come out with dvd playback, and memory-cards that only hold like 3 games? Or how about making a handheld dim, so you have to purchase another one with a bright screen? Nintendo invented that sort of crap long ago.

ur as blind as anne frank if u didnt understand what i was refering to in my first sentence of my last post. anyways, i would rather have an option to buy addons then them being forced upon me (sony).

LOL if you think that you wont be forced to buy add-on from Nintendo, then you are smoking something bad...

Not having a hard-drive for the Wii is a lame idea just my opinion.

I am interested in the wii, but will save my excitement to see if they come out with something new as far as games are concerned, rather than just the same ol mario, zelda, etc.

The Wii will just be a kick-ass system, plain and simple.

SBB, I honestly cannot wait to play it.

LOL if you think that you wont be forced to buy add-on from Nintendo, then you are smoking something bad...

Not having a hard-drive for the Wii is a lame idea just my opinion.

I am interested in the wii, but will save my excitement to see if they come out with something new as far as games are concerned, rather than just the same ol mario, zelda, etc.

ive never bought an add on for the snes, n64, or gamecube (unless u call wavebird an add on) cept for memory cards but we all bought memory cards.

I don't know if Wii is gonna be as good as said. Hopefully it doesnt get blown out like Gamecube did. Add on's are pointless to me.

Edited by Stevo

Well the wii does have the ability to do well. I am just taking a wait and see approach because Nintendo doesn't always make the right decisions on things when it comes to their counsoles.

LOL I guess you forgot about the expansion pak poply? And there are many more but again you state things without knowing what you are talking about.

Well the wii does have the ability to do well. I am just taking a wait and see approach because Nintendo doesn't always make the right decisions on things when it comes to their counsoles.

LOL I guess you forgot about the expansion pak poply? And there are many more but again you state things without knowing what you are talking about.

i never bought the rumble and if i remember correctly, it came free with starfox 64. u said i will be forced to buy an add on from nintendo based on their previous systems, and i proved you wrong, now prove me wrong.

how did you prove me wrong by making baseless acusations?

You had to purchase the expansion pak! You had to purchase the rumble pak before starfox released it with the game.....you had to purchase the RF adapter for the snes...etc. You didn't prove anything you just spoke without knowing the slightest of what you were speaking of.

i have never bought a nintendo add-on cept memory cards. FACT

Erm... okay...

I'm really want to see how the online play will work, and if it has anything like XBox live, it might be worth checking into.

Because.... before, when they dind't have any kind of online play, games like mario party and the ssb series really sucked unless you had friends over...

Then again, if you have to pay monthly, or if the online play sucks, the Wii is off my list of "Things to get"

the Wii's online network i beleive is called "wii connect 24" and yes, as far as i know it is free to play online.