Heads Up! This website is no longer maintained, if your a member from our era, consider joining the discord to say hello.
Sign in to follow this  

Making a program

I have some questions and i am hoping for answers. i made a script for c++ and i made it a .bat and also a .exe and none of them even started up after clicking them. if anyone knows anything im doing wrong or some training i need or if i made an error maybe?

Would probably be helpful if you showed the code...

yea seriously, i mean i can help u, with my little programming skills, but we need to know the code dude

yea seriously, i mean i can help u, with my little programming skills, but we need to know the code dude

well its not really a script look ill show you it but is like nothing its just saying hello but it never shows up.

//first c++ program

#include iostream.h

main()

{

cout<<"hello";

return();

}

STUPID LEECHER!!!!!!!

lmfao, you didn't put in a pause code, it tells the program to pause before closing... the thing will just start up and close right after, I don't have my C++ book laying around by me, but I know that you need a pause line to stop the program from closing before you can do anything.

lmfao, you didn't put in a pause code, it tells the program to pause before closing... the thing will just start up and close right after, I don't have my C++ book laying around by me, but I know that you need a pause line to stop the program from closing before you can do anything.

Im making a program too. How do you make a pause code?

Yes how do i make a pause function? what is a pause function also and how does it work. But most importantly i want to know the script for the pause code function please.

void pause()
{
std::cin.clear();
std::cin.ignore(std::numeric_limits<std::streamsize>::max()); //
Clear whatever's still in the buffer
std::cout << "Press Enter to continue . . .\n";
std::cin.ignore(std::numeric_limits<std::streamsize>::max(),
'\n');
}

Will that do?

yes! There you go! That will stop it so that you will be able to see what it says and actually input a command before it closes... :D

Glad I could help!

If you are programing an C++, use these for fast and clear coding.

#include <iostream>

int main()
{
std::cout << "Hello\n";
return 0;
}

And please download an compiler, that will make it eseyer.

krazy, if you want to make a pause code, then pause your life, and rewind. Wonder if you can do anything better...

krazy, if you want to make a pause code, then pause your life, and rewind. Wonder if you can do anything better...

Keep flames in the flame board.

Upload your exe too! I want to see your awesome hello program! ;)

Good job ghozt.

Edit: This is a lot easier in VB to do lulz.

This topic was last active before you posted two years ago. If anyone would like me to reopen please send me a message thank you.

-=[Closed]=-