Heads Up! This website is no longer maintained, if your a member from our era, consider joining the discord to say hello.
Sign in to follow this  

Problem With PS3

tony hawk project 8 and cod3 both got higher scores on the 360 version because of frame rate issues.

PS2 had this issues 2 to of my ps1 game didn't work on the ps2 -_-

Going Backwards

Of course, after the botched attempt at backwards compatibility by Microsoft, one of the first things we did was throw in a few PS2 games (and even Castlevania: Symphony of the Night from the PSONE) to make sure everything worked smoothly. To use either a PS2 or PSONE game, we had to create an 'internal memory card' using the memory card utility under the Games option, then assign it either to slot 1 or 2.

Having done that, most of the games we tried loaded quickly, looking and playing much as you'd expect. There is a problem with screen aspect ratio, though -- the PSOne games and many older PS2 games are fullscreen support only, and the PS3 stretches the picture on widescreen displays, instead of offering an option to place black sidebars.

There are a couple of other tweaks needed when using older games -- until we get a memory card adaptor, there's no easy way to transfer your old saved games. And games like Guitar Hero that use specific peripherals will be out of bounds until a PS2 to USB adaptor is on hand. (Third-party adaptors are available, designed to make PS2 accessories usable on a PC. We'll see if those work soon.) We also noticed that our controller was becoming disconnected when starting PS2 and PSOne games, but pressing the center PS button got it back online once we were in the main menu.

Sounds like it is going to go way better than the 360 backwards compatablity

just gotta wait for the wright games...like come on...whats gonna be better than assassins creed 8)

just gotta wait for the wright games...like come on...whats gonna be better than assassins creed 8)

uhmm... thats on the 360 too you know?

Man Sony really blew it this year.

no company has ever been market champ for more than 2 consecutive years.

uhmm... thats on the 360 too you know?

haha i no...

im saying...this system sucks

but im still gonna try it out

haha i no...

im saying...this system sucks

but im still gonna try it out

oh k.

also, mass effect and lost planet > assassin's creed

lost planet maybe...mass effect no

You realy can't knock the playstations backward compatability and it's the only system with good backward compatability at the moment

wii. can play all the way back to nes games. owned, gg no rm.

wii. can play all the way back to nes games. owned, gg no rm.

You realy can't knock the playstations backward compatability and it's the only system with good backward compatability at the moment

And the PS3 can play NES, SNES and all those games Sony made it so you can upgrade/change the main OS thus you can install an OS that can take advantage of Emulators.

What i want to know is if an xbox emulator will run on a PS3 cuase that would be funny.

ok!.... ps3 can have its 2 days of reigning champ for backwards compatability.

Once somone gets an EMU on a PS3 like the Nintendo Emu's for PSP

there won't be a need for the other consoles, i do like 1 of the comercials for the WII though where the guy is jumping around his living room shooting at things on the screen, you can't do that with the PS3 in sence

yah, since the ps3 is like a computer, it will be able to emulate the other console making them obsolete. only the ps3 can do that, and its much more superior at doing that than a normal pc. [/sarcasm]

But it is O.O my PC no got a BLu-ray drive :(

blu-ray may be useless in a year or two. wait for the victor to rise before making an expensive commitment.

hd-dvd winning so far: http://thedvdwars.com/index.cfm

i have yet to see anyhting on HDDVD and about 4 movies on blueray

numbers don't lie, i don't know about you.

i found out why HD-DVD is higher,it has been remaking all the older movies

numbers don't lie, i don't know about you.

if you are all about numbers...then obviously you think zelda is a flop :|

and then that means the gamecube sucks...i thought it was good...

gamecube was a kids toy

gamecube was a kids toy

shhh