Heads Up! This website is no longer maintained, if your a member from our era, consider joining the discord to say hello.
Sign in to follow this  

Problem With PS3

gamecube was a kids toy

it went well with the DS

gamecube was a kids toy

how was it any different than the ps2 other than it plays dvds?

It was Purple, but poply doesn't have anything wrong with that

It was Purple, but poply doesn't have anything wrong with that

they had a black one

platinum is the way to go

Because more than 75% of the GC games were child oriented, and condoned by ESRB.

That's why it's a kids toy.

Because more than 75% of the GC games were child oriented, and condoned by ESRB.

link?

they had a black one

you racist plopy?

you racist plopy?

such a silly question. the black gamecube was the first thing that came to mind when he said the gc being purple was a reason for it being called a toy.

purple sex toy O.O wtf pooply where you get that from?

purple sex toy O.O wtf pooply where you get that from?

where'd I get it from?! where'd you get it from?!

Oh, here's your info:

Jul 31, 2003

Pros: Graphics.

Cons: Controller, Lack of DVD player, Child oriented game selection.

The Bottom Line: If you can master the controller, don't mind the childish game selection, and are fine without the DVD component then you will probably like the Gamecube.

RATING DETAILS

better-->

Full Review

If you really want one of the new game systems but can't really afford one of the "big two"--Playstation 2 or Xbox, then I guess you might be happy with the Gamecube. Even with that in mind, I think I'd be more inclined to recommend you save a little bit more money and get the Playstation 2...it's worth it in performance and here's why...

CONTROLLER (D)

Excuse me while I vomit. Sorry...just thinking about this controller makes me sick. It is so uneasy to master and so uncomfortable to use that I think I would rather pass up the better graphics and just get a "Playstation One" instead--at least I can actually enjoy physically playing the game as opposed to just looking at the screen wanting to kick it every time I hit the wrong button. The button layout is bad, and that's being generous. They are all over and different sizes and textures. You can't get a consistent feel for it, unlike the Playstation controller, in which you can develop a general feel for the controller for one game and then you'll basically be able to play all games with relative ease. It's not like that with the Gamecube.

GRAPHICS/SYSTEM PERFORMANCE (A)

The graphics on the Gamecube are very good. On par with Playstation 2 and a little bit behind XBox. It's a fast system that won't get choppy and bogged down with high resolution games. I'd say it's right there with the Playstation 2 and slightly behind the Xbox but the differences are minimal.

GAME SELECTION (:P

If you are younger or are buying this for a younger player then you would probably be pleased with the game selection. After all, it is a Nintendo system, so you will get exclusive pick at the Mario series and other cartoony style games like that. A lot of the games for older audiences are not included (some are though). However, most of the popular sports series' are included in the Gamecube's game so that to me makes up for the shortcomings in other genres because I am an avid sports gamer. So generally, more mature audiences will not appreciate the game selection for the Gamecube nearly as much as a younger audience.

OTHER CONS:

Unlike the PS2 and the XBox the Gamecube does not come with a DVD feature. The system bypasses regular sized CDs for smaller mini-CDs. For anyone looking for this feature, the Gamecube is not a wise choice.

I also think it lacks visual appeal. It's not something I'd want featured as a component of my home theater display--a blue box with that goofy multi-colored controller--it looks like something they'd used to build houses with in pre-school class.

wtf pwned

Edited by Sgt. Snoo Snoo

After testing out my ps3 for the past week. I have realized that it really is superior in just about every way from the 360.

To move on more about the subject the ps3's backwards compatibility is far superior to that of the 360...

After testing out my ps3 for the past week. I have realized that it really is superior in just about every way from the 360.

To move on more about the subject the ps3's backwards compatibility is far superior to that of the 360...

it has been said far too many times for you to forget that the 360 is better architectually, and the gpu. also, PS network is also worse than xbox live in terms of quality.

69692vk0gq4.jpg

it has been said far too many times for you to forget that the 360 is better architectually, and the gpu. also, PS network is also worse than xbox live in terms of quality.

69692vk0gq4.jpg

Link providing proof that shit picture isn't faulty?

no, i dont have a link proving a picture is legit. the picture itself usually does that

well the truth is that I have both, and in every ps3 is superior except the online....but ps3's online is starting out pretty much like the 360's is.

im going to halifax this weekend to go snowbaording. The place im staying at has WII PS3 and xbox360. I will come back and tell you all what is zee best.

Well the ps3 is the best in my opinion. Second would be the 360. The wii is just an afterthought to me...

ps3 sucks. you may aswell buy a xbox 360 which is faster then that load of junk

and im sure that you say this without having played it yourself?

the ps3 is better in almost evrything xcept online and maybe the selection of games(depending on what u like)

to me, ppl who hate the ps3 just cant afford one or cant get one