Heads Up! This website is no longer maintained, if your a member from our era, consider joining the discord to say hello.
Sign in to follow this  

Did Wii break your TV?

I found this article while checking my email. Pretty interesting. I guess that is what you get when you have little real world testing on a product. Let the lawsuits begin...lmao.

One thing I will say is I would be pissed as hell if my strap broke and ruined my HD-Tv....

Picture this. You're lining up the perfect shot in Wii Bowling, remote in hand. You set up the shot, swing the remote with all the strength you can muster, and... follow through a little more than you intended.

Somehow the remote leaves your sweaty-palmed grip and bang, smash, there goes your TV, window, photo of your granny, anything that happens to be in the path of the newly liberated remote.

Hold on, though. If you're wearing the (supplied) wrist strap, no harm done, right? So you'd think. As you can see, some Wii owners are finding the strap decidedly lacking. (Check out nascent site wiihaveaproblem.com for more strap malfunctions.) The problem isn't with the amply broad strap itself, but the considerably narrower section that connects the strap with the remote, which is prone to fray in some circumstances. The result is smashed remotes, smashed televisions, smashed windows, and unhappy (or, at least, somewhat red-faced) customers.

Sure, it's easy to laugh at the misfortune of these hapless Wii'ers, especially if you're still combing stores for miles around looking for yours. One broken strap could be regarded as misfortune, but as the volume of fractured straps grows, it starts to look more like carelessness -- or, at least, evidence of a lack of real-world testing.

In the meantime, wise Wii owners will want to consider hunting round the house for something a little stronger -- or waiting for one of the more opportunistic peripheral manufacturers to cash in on the opportunity to flog reinforced replacements at an inflated price. That's business.

i89355_screen002.jpg

i89354_304772715d5eb461370.jpg

i89353_305105535ace74ff8dc.jpg

Wow I realy dont know how he did that. since if u have the strap on and hold on to the controler. I'm happy i havent had any problems with my Wii yet.

well first of all some people are just weird...

Second of all these other people's strap has actually busted off...causing it to fly and hit something.

I can see playing a game hard, and your hand being sweaty and having it fly out of your hand

If the controller broke, thats pretty sad, I mean they cant get pissed at the Wii for the broken tv and lights, I throw my controller all the time, It does not break. He must have thrown that really hard, and the Wii just by looking at it, does not need to be handled that fast.

Hes an idiot, and by making it public, hes humiliating himself.

1 werd: Noob.

How the fuck do u break a remote.........i mean those things are friggen hard

and if ur stupid enough to throw it at the tv, well its just sad

Well the guy that broke the lamp yes....but the others are flying out of their hands because of that shoddy wrist strap that connects by a small strand to the controller...

some ppl are just stupid but that is a major design flaw in the strap and i could see how that would happen

I don't want to play console that makes me work for my enjoyment.

That's what jobs are for.

Idiot...

Don't hate on the Wii cuz you're a moron.

wii is the gayest consol ever... and it just keeps getting gayer...

Soon they are gona make a game for girls called: "Help Jack Off"

you get the rest....

you only need to move the remote no more than a few inches. if you start swinging like a mad man, expect crazy things to happen.

Well the guy that broke the lamp yes....but the others are flying out of their hands because of that shoddy wrist strap that connects by a small strand to the controller...

you don't swing a bat without gripping onto first do you? i hope not

the strap is a security measure. not a fool proof way of keeping it from flying out of your hands.

edit: i've seen the video. the guy swings faster than you ever should.

Idiot...

Don't hate on the Wii cuz you're a moron.

I only hate the Wii because it is by far the most unoriginal game concept ever. It was a desperate move for Nintendo to make the control and gameplay as they did.

Have you seen the graphics for Far Cry? I think not, if you have, you'd bite your tongue.

ehhh z this isent flame... but any ways the wii isent all it was put out to be just like all the new consoles they looked way better at e3

I do agree with some of your points, but the design of the Strap is faulty. I mean it is a thin strip that attaches to the controller. With the bowling game, it does matter how hard you swing the controller, that is why it has mostly happenend with people playing that game.

NO NO NO LOL

I wasn't refering to any of your posts.

I meant the guy with the broken TV was the idiot haha.

This thread sounds like he's going to do something to Nintendo for his TV. Thats just bullshit cuz clearly he's at fault, not the Wii.

I dislike the Wii as much as all of you do. Shit, I rather stick with my 360 more than anything.

However I'm near to fucking it up cuz I'm still tryin to mod the fucker haha! So many people have done it already but I'm still having difficulty >.<

Edited by Z

NO NO NO LOL

I wasn't refering to any of your posts.

I meant the guy with the broken TV was the idiot haha.

This thread sounds like he's going to do something to Nintendo for his TV. Thats just bullshit cuz clearly he's at fault, not the Wii.

I dislike the Wii as much as all of you do. Shit, I rather stick with my 360 more than anything.

However I'm near to fucking it up cuz I'm still tryin to mod the fucker haha! So many people have done it already but I'm still having difficulty >.<

lolz.

The can easily sue nintendo because they can show that the strap was faulty, causing them to lose grip and cause damage. Pretty easily proved with pictures in a civil case.

The people that break their Tv's from "broken straps" obviously don't have enough brain cells to realize it never tells you to let go of the remote, just the button.