Heads Up! This website is no longer maintained, if your a member from our era, consider joining the discord to say hello.
Sign in to follow this  

ABT

Div, Not sure if we discussed this before, But what do you use to shoot with. I know I have a cannon Power Shot S3IS and I absolutly love it. It's a dream of a camera and the best part is iknow there are much better cameras out there. But for now this camera does everything and more that i could ever want at this point in time.

You work is always nice to look at. Photography is a great hobby/Passion.

i use a pentax k100d, but this summer im going to get a new cannon rebel xti with a telescopic lens (yea ima be working a lot.)

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?sk...d=1158323822437 <thats the one im going to buy, the lens is going to cost another 235 too

ooo that'll be worth it thought. I thought about getting that camera at some point But i wanna take some more corses in photography. I only have 4 years of general graphic arts from highschool under my belt. Would like to get more berfor i buy a serious camera. and for now my s3is suits my needs.

you should join some good pro art sites, a lot of good inspiration and it just generally wows me xD (you can learn a lot too lol)

konvulse.com

depthCORE.com

evokeONE.com

codrv.com

slashthree.com

and deviantart.com if you dont already know about it, its like myspace for artists.

Well I don't generally learn from thingsl ike that. I don't have the patience. I have learned more by going out with my camera and playing with the settings and what not just going off of the basic knowledge of what i learned in graphic arts. Let me go see if i can decide on what i think my best picture i have taken is.

Well here are a few of my favorites that I like alot. I'm not trying to hijack your thread either, I'm just looking for advice cause i generally enjoy your work.

n518233503_34693_5705.jpg

n518233503_20756_8231.jpg

n518233503_34688_3960.jpg

n518233503_9337_1440.jpg

n518233503_9338_1751.jpg

n518233503_9331_9876.jpg

n518233503_18533_1134.jpg

n518233503_14920_2756.jpg

oh god have i got the technique for you, it works great on landscapes try it on 1,2, and the last one. What your gonna do is open the file, then make a channel mixer adjustments, in the dialog box set red to 100% green to 200% and blue to -200%, then click monochrome and move the constant slider around a bit until you get something nice, then make a new layer, image>apply image, then gaussian blur at like 3/5 px and lower the opacity to like 30%-40%

ZOMG no photo shop lol. I am fucking shooting my self for not taking the corse where you get introduced to it in highschool. I think you were referring to photoshop anyway. But i'm gonna stick to just shooting photos with out edited effects so to speak.

OMG YOU GOTTA USE PHOTOSHOP!!! theres no way to get perfect shots off of a digi cam without photoshop man. i can teach you if you want!!!