Heads Up! This website is no longer maintained, if your a member from our era, consider joining the discord to say hello.
Sign in to follow this  

PS3 Releasing 300 new games?

There's a rumor floating around that sony is planning to release 300 new titles in 3 months or so. That means they will have to release 40 new games a month in order to reach this goal.

OR they could release all of said games at the same time but honestly i HIGHLY doubt they will.

Sony is getting desperate and Microsoft as well, because they can't keep up with Wii, as people love it and also it is cheap.

Edited by Zhuinden

Alright that is just a publicity stunt...

The 360 will still be better.

They can go ahead and release all that (which I highly doubt) but what's better? Massing a shit load of shitty games. Or release a few Really Good games? They apparently are goin for the "Mass a shit load of shitty games" technique.

You do realise that, a handful of the games being released are multi platform? Meaning handful of games will be out on 360 too, and another handful will be exlusive titles on PS3 only.

Also what I find funny is, first people bash sony how they have no games out, and then they say there releasing a bunch of games, and people are saying "haha there desperate" or "lol all shitty games" lol, sometimes you people make no sense. And also if you did some research on some of the up coming exclusive titles coming out, they arent shitty games for us PS3 owners, maybe for you 360 owners since you wont be able to play them ^_^ cause I bet if the same exclusive titles for PS3 were to go to 360, they wouldnt be shitty :(

its going to be funny when the ps3 has 60gb games and the 360at 8. imagine gta on ps3. fucken huge map with shit loads of levels, and still keeps max graphics, way more missions with more detail.. xbox 360?.. same old size. pump the graphics down a little to handle the large map gta uses, less room for missions. to tell you the truth all the 360 offers is better graphics than the origional xbox/.

HD-Dvd supports 24 gigs but that cost 100$ more

Master, HD-DVD isnt made for games, there is no way M$ can suddenly start making games on HD DVD because not everyone owns the HD DVD addon, so theyd be screwing over so many people, and plus its been stated that HD-DVD is purely for movies only, Blu-Ray is being used both for games and movies.

Xbox is stuck with there silly DVD9 which I believe is only 9 GB of data...so games on 360 will either have, the best graphics but lacking gameplay, or not the best graphics but w/ longer gameplay, Look at Gears of War... great graphics hands down, best Ive seen, but if Im correct, theres only 7 levels in single player?

It sucks because Multiplatform games are going to be limited to the full extent, cause there going to have to sacrifice gameplay for graphics, or vice versa, if 360 used HD-DVD in there console, then it wouldnt be as bad. Thus this is a reason why I believe the PS3 is the better system, because thanks to Blu-Ray, exclusive PS3 titles will be able to have great graphics, and long gameplay

50 GB > 9 GB

yes but the 360 doesn't get its sales for single player MOST people buy the 360 for 1 soul reason that reason is Xbox Live. People don't care about single player as much as they care for xbox live so as long as Microsoft keeps Xbox Live interesting people will still buy 360's and still play them on Xbox Live thus generating more money for Microsoft so they can come out with a better console later on

on an off note if the next Xbox console doesn't have a blue ray drive (or at least a better drive) then Microsoft will of course lose money

Lmao yeah I can say ps3 games = shit because 1. Most of the scores from many diffrent sites say the same, as well as masses of people say the same. Like Omfgz they have 1337 Graphix!!1 but What about game play? Game play = shit therefore games = shit. I'm not a graphics whore so I could care less what it looks like, so far as it's decent, and you can tell effort was put into it. For what they are producing, the price is ridiculous. Metal Gear, and Gta will most likely be good. But they still won't cover the rest of what's being put out.

You say PS3 games are shit, so can you list me the games that are shit and back it up with some reasons why its shit? Just saying ps3 games = shit with no argument/reasoning behind it doesn't make your argument strong :)

Oh and also, dont say the price for the PS3 is ridiculous.

PS3 60 GB System costs $599.99

Built in Wifi

Free Online

Built in Blu Ray drive

Xbox 360 Pro costs $499.99

Xbox 360 Wireless Network Adapter: $99.99

1 year of online: $49.99

HD-DVD drive: $199.99

(to make things neater, im going to add .01 to each item)

500 + 100 + 50 + 200 = $850

Now for people who could care less about HD movies and stuff

500 + 100 + 50 = $650

Oh look, still costs more in the end if you want the same features as PS3, but of coarse this only applies to people who need wireless, which a large number of people do. So next time do some research before bashing the price of the PS3 :)

You say PS3 games are shit, so can you list me the games that are shit and back it up with some reasons why its shit? Just saying ps3 games = shit with no argument/reasoning behind it doesn't make your argument strong :)

Built in Wifi

Free Online

Built in Blu Ray drive

500 + 100 + 50 = $650

Oh look, still costs more in the end if you want the same features as PS3, but of coarse this only applies to people who need wireless, which a large number of people do. So next time do some research before bashing the price of the PS3 :)

The 360 Pro costs 399.99...

Built in Wifi

Free Online

Built in Blu Ray drive

500 + 100 + 50 = $650

you might as well add in the hd tv and car needed to go pick up the 360. the 360 plays games fine without a hd dvd drive and without a network adapter. it is after all a GAMING system and i wouldnt buy an electric shaver usb attachment for the 360 and label it as a gaming cost.

ps3_UK_ad_qjpreviewth.jpg?275546

Lmao yeah I can say ps3 games = shit because 1. Most of the scores from many diffrent sites say the same, as well as masses of people say the same. Like Omfgz they have 1337 Graphix!!1 but What about game play? Game play = shit therefore games = shit. I'm not a graphics whore so I could care less what it looks like, so far as it's decent, and you can tell effort was put into it. For what they are producing, the price is ridiculous. Metal Gear, and Gta will most likely be good. But they still won't cover the rest of what's being put out.

yeah, the most ps3 games are getting disappointing scores and pretty much all of the multiplatform games coming out for both the 360 and ps3 are looking better on the 360. also, the 360 is getting exclusive content for gta4 that the ps3 will never get. gta4 gets released on both ps3 and 360 the same day. its pretty sad that there have been tons of rumors about metal gear going to the 360.

Master, HD-DVD isnt made for games, there is no way M$ can suddenly start making games on HD DVD because not everyone owns the HD DVD addon, so theyd be screwing over so many people, and plus its been stated that HD-DVD is purely for movies only, Blu-Ray is being used both for games and movies.

Xbox is stuck with there silly DVD9 which I believe is only 9 GB of data...so games on 360 will either have, the best graphics but lacking gameplay, or not the best graphics but w/ longer gameplay, Look at Gears of War... great graphics hands down, best Ive seen, but if Im correct, theres only 7 levels in single player?

It sucks because Multiplatform games are going to be limited to the full extent, cause there going to have to sacrifice gameplay for graphics, or vice versa, if 360 used HD-DVD in there console, then it wouldnt be as bad. Thus this is a reason why I believe the PS3 is the better system, because thanks to Blu-Ray, exclusive PS3 titles will be able to have great graphics, and long gameplay

50 GB > 9 GB

50 GB > 9 GB

oblivion is a MASSIVE game and only takes up half of a dvd

there are about 7 chapters and each chapter has around 6 or so levels.

its going to be funny when the ps3 has 60gb games and the 360at 8. imagine gta on ps3. fucken huge map with shit loads of levels, and still keeps max graphics, way more missions with more detail.. xbox 360?.. same old size. pump the graphics down a little to handle the large map gta uses, less room for missions. to tell you the truth all the 360 offers is better graphics than the origional xbox/.

the 360 so far has had superior graphics in comparison to the ps3. also, logically the 360 would be able to have bigger maps due to the 512 mb memory compared to ps3's 256 mb. it would cost rockstar more money to make 2 separate maps than to just simply find a middle ground between the two which wouldnt be hard considering dozens of games and devs have done it before and have been doing it.

You do realise that, a handful of the games being released are multi platform? Meaning handful of games will be out on 360 too, and another handful will be exlusive titles on PS3 only.

Also what I find funny is, first people bash sony how they have no games out, and then they say there releasing a bunch of games, and people are saying "haha there desperate" or "lol all shitty games" lol, sometimes you people make no sense. And also if you did some research on some of the up coming exclusive titles coming out, they arent shitty games for us PS3 owners, maybe for you 360 owners since you wont be able to play them :) cause I bet if the same exclusive titles for PS3 were to go to 360, they wouldnt be shitty :D

people want big games that have some steam behind them. if a bunch of games suddenly get released, i dont suspect them to really be any good. the only game that ps3 really has right now is resistance. the rest of the games are either multiplat (and better on the 360) or just not worth $60.

1) I never said the HD DVD drive was an essential for gaming which is why I did 2 price totals and why after the first one, I said "Now for people who could care less about HD movies and stuff"

2) You WILL NEED the wireless adapter if you wish to play online and cannot run a wired connection. So it is a gaming cost for those who like to play online(Online Gaming) If you read what I said, I said "but of coarse this only applies to people who need wireless"

3) M$ paid Rockstar $50,000,00 for 2 exlusive episodic content. So while Xbots are enjyoing there $50,000,000 content, I'll be busy playing some Heavenly Sword, Lair, and Metal Gear Solid which brings me to my next point

4) Rumors have been going around for MGS going on 360, have you checked the date on these rumors? Because Konami themselves have stated that MGS is a PS3 exclusive, and they have also said that the gave cannot run on any other console because the game is written to take full advantage of the Cell Processor. And you cant really call it sad that theres all these rumors going around, if you think about it, its people wishing they could play MGS on there 360 who start these rumors :) And as I said before, Konami straight up said that MGS is a PS3 exclusive so all rumors fail. So 360 owners can keep dreaming and keep thinking that there getting MGS, cause reality check... your not :)

5) Oblivion has dumbed down graphics compared to the PC version running Oblivion @ max settings. As I said before

games on 360 will either have, the best graphics but lacking gameplay, or not the best graphics but w/ longer gameplay

6) That PS3 ad was funny :) its old, seen it before, but even PS3 owners find it funny as well lol so its not really something we see as an "insult" :D

1. only 13% of people who own a console that plays dvds use their consoles for movies. so dont ever bother adding the hd dvd drive to cost.

2. any wireless adapter will work on the 360. you could even use the ps2 wireless adapter.

3. exclusive content never the less. as if you know whether or not those games will be any good (mgs4 likely to be good tho)

4. assassin's creed. it was never confirmed for the 360 but alot of rumors went up and it turned out to be true.

5. not a disk capacity problem. so you instead of trying to prove the point u were previously trying to prove, you try to prove a similar point that has no relevance to the ps3.

6. ya, its a funny pic.

1) It was still worth listing because there are still people out there none the less who do use consoles for media purposes

2) Tooshea but still none the less the average cost of wireless adapters are $40-$50 so that + $50 for 1 year of online is still going to be the same price, maybe a little less then the PS3

3) Well a demo for Lair is due on the PSN sometime in July, Heavenly Sword looking at game play footage looks good, after playing the Warhawk beta, that game is good. Yes its true it is exclusive content, but they arent going to be released out of the box, I forget the exact time frame of release dates of both episodic content, but by the time they are, most of the good highly anticipated exclusive ps3 titles will be out by then, so we'll be too busy playing new exclusive games while 360 owners are playing there exclusive content on the same game. Maybe if the exclusive content came out of the box, then it would be something to worry about lol

4) Assassin's Creed confirmed for 360

http://www.joystiq.com/2006/09/01/finally-...firmed-for-360/

Kojima confirms: Metal Gear Solid 4 will be PS3 exclusive

http://www.gamepro.com/news.cfm?article_id=108194

5) Whats not a disk capacity problem?

1. ok

2. no it isn't

3. you act as if all 360 games are coming to a hault and and ps3 game development will continue. 360 still has games like banjo kazooie 3, alan wake, mass effect, ninja gaiden 2, pgr4, halo 3, gears of war 2, halo wars and bioshock. its just we will get more from the same multiplatform game.

4. idk what you're trying to prove here. i already proved that mgs4 has the potential to go multiplat.

5. you begin to compare the graphics of the pc version on max settings to the 360 version of oblivion when arguing the fact that oblivion only occupies half of a dvd which is a totally irrelevant point on your part.

2) http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList....amp;x=0&y=0

Price ranges differently from $15 for a no name brand, to $80 for a name brand (linksys)

15+80 = 95 / 2 = 47.5

Majority of people, when usually going wireless, will go with name brands such as linksys and netgear. And also you have to factor in that, there is still a handful of people who will buy the 360 wireless adapter for there wireless needs just because it was specifically made for the 360. So either way, you take the average price of wireless adapters, or the price of the 360 one, its either going to cost a little less (like 10-20 dollar difference), the same, or more of the PS3

And also many stores (not online ones) usually only carry name brand stuff as well around the $40-$80 price range

3) True but I had to lol @ banjo kazooie :wub:

4) You originally said, "assassin's creed. it was never confirmed for the 360 but alot of rumors went up and it turned out to be true."

I proved AC was confirmed for 360

And I proved MGS is a PS3 exclusive title, by linking to you an article confirming it from the maker himself, so there is no potentional for MGS to go multiplatform when Kojima himself proved any rumors saying MGS will go to 360 to be false by confirming it to be a PS3 exclusive title. So people can make as many rumors as they want regarding MGS going to 360, but its not going to change anything since the maker himself proved all rumors false.

5) Oh

2. it'd cost less. you said it's cost as much as the ps3. im only trying to prove it wouldnt cost as much as the ps3

3. banjo kazooie 1 and 2 were both extremely good games.

4. if ac was never confirmed, then my point of bringing ac up to show the relevance between ac being exclusive and mgs being exclusive would be void.

he only said the kind of experience he aims to give represents a metaphor he set up to represent the ps3. i'd say there's a chance it may come to the 360. mgs2 came to the xbox so we know its not totally out of the question.

2) I clearly stated

"its either going to cost a little less (like 10-20 dollar difference), the same, or more of the PS3" eventhough there was a typo and it should read, "or more than the PS3", but other then that, I stated the possibility of it costing less, but in todays world, $10-$20 price difference isn't much

3) I have banjo kazooie for n64, and that game was fun in the beginning, and then it sucked :wub: but thats just my opinion, so is you saying they're extremely good games. I highly doubt many 360 owners are highly anticipating the wait for the new banjo kazooie game to come out lol... Like im sorry but that just deserves a lol to who ever is excited about that game...just as bad as w/e people who were excited about viva piniata lol

4) Not only has Kojima confirmed it, Sony themselves have confirmed that MGS is an exlusive title

Levitan cited a number of upcoming titles that are exclusive to the PS3–Sony's own Lair and Heavenly Sword, and highly anticipated games such as Metal Gear Solid 4 and Uncharted–as causes for optimism.

http://www.straight.com/article-96216/sony...r-the-long-haul

So once again, rumors can spread as much as they want, it's not going to happen, so 360 owners can keep dreaming lol

Heres what MGS 4 would look like if it went to the 360 due to MGS 4 to be taking full advantage of Blu Ray disk and is aiming to try and fill up the whole disk :P

mgs4_xbox360_small.png

2. it would 50 bucks for 1 year of xbl and 50 bucks for wireless adapter. thats 100 bucks from ps3

3. http://gamerankings.com/htmlpages2/196694....banjo%20kazooie

banjo kazooie was a good game. only 1 game on the ps3 has gotten a higher score than that and it was released on the 360 over a year ago. so... im sorry you cant properly identify good games but people have good reason to be excited about banjo kazooie 3.

4. sony doesnt own konami as far as i know there hasn't been a contract to keep mgs4 exclusive. you can keep hoping that your only good game (that isnt even released) will stay exclusive to the console that is in last place.

the only reason a game would take up more than 2 dvds is if it has tons of cgi videos in it.