Heads Up! This website is no longer maintained, if your a member from our era, consider joining the discord to say hello.

Portal Maps

Sign in to follow this  

Download custom maps for Portal for free and enjoy new levels made by players for players.

10 files

1. Stations

5 map pack that will feature progressively harder challenges.

Each station will consist of a simple goal with a very challenging means to reach it, and by the last station be prepared to have to use all of the portal skills and advanced techniques to accomplish it.

207 downloads

Updated

2. Accident Prone

This is my map for the October contest.

It has three puzzle areas, but with a slightly different approach. Find out what happened in the previous Chamber 16!

119 downloads

Updated

3. Vermod

A CAKE AWAITS YOU AT THE END.

At first a portal jump and then several normal jumps with increasing distances, I can do the first two of those only, I wondered if anybody could do greater distances.
    Extract the archive to portal/portal/maps.

This map is extremely difficult and only one person has done the last jump so far.

96 downloads

Updated

4. Rusta

1-2 min challenge map with crazy textures, version 2

It consists of 64 * 64 u blocks only really and looks insane. Texture purposes are consistent (one is portal'able, one is not, one kills you). I really don't know about the steps challenge, I can't be arsed to find out average values etc, change it on your own. My first run on that map was 2:25 in length.
    I made those fucked up textures myself, at least they're high res (AND UBAR LEET BUMP MAPS), lol.
    I decided to use light emitting, illuminated textures, who gives a fuck about ze looks, it's efficient!

Edit:

LLCoolDave found a portalable brown texture, thanks for making me see it in the demo. Uploaded a new version.

Edit:

Fixed the VGUI VTFs, thanks to Cartina.

55 downloads

Updated

5. Quake

Quake 1 Tribute Map!

This is a simple walkthrough map which is at least a bit longer than my other test maps so far. I decided to use Quake 1 textures so it basically looks like crap but it's quite entertaining really. You can get stuck and die etc so save a lot. Cake at the end, promised.

Only one type of texture should be portal'able, please tell if you see others, those must be mistakes.

Edit:

Just uploaded a new version, LLCoolDave of Qnet #portal pointed out that you can make a portal at the cake, that was a mistake of course, thanks for pointing that out.

Edit:

Fixed that button and the door, the platform in the lava wasn't used by anybody!! Go do it again, it's a tricky jump.

Edit:

Added a BNS file, you can load the map via the Bonus Map menu now.

74 downloads

Updated

6. Jordash Portal

This map is roughly the same length as an original test chamber.

To Install:

-Extract the zip contents to your "Steam\steamapps\USER\portal\portal\maps" folder.

-In Portal click on "Bonus Maps" and you should now have a new category called "maps/Jordash". This is where you'll this map and any others you have by me

Have fun!

80 downloads

Updated

7. Needle Eye

This map features a tricky jump. The objective is getting to the other side.

Only the red textures can have portals on them. Many people don't even get how this jump works, hah.
    Extract the archive into your portal/portal directory, the directory structure will put the map and the custom textures into the appropriate directories.

If you can't figure out how to do the jump you should read the tutorial.

61 downloads

Updated

8. Needle Eye2

This is basically the same thing as my other Needle Eye Map but it comes with several distances.

You're supposed to jump from one platform to the opposing platform on the other side. Apparently it is basically impossible to perform the jumps on the greater distances because your speed is too great and you simply can't hit the target. This map is for enthusiasts only I'm afraid, it's flawed.

63 downloads

Updated

9. Challenge Test

There's no need to explain anything really, just look at the test map I made in Hammer and check out all the files included in the archive and where they go.

I assume you are familar with Source vmt/vtf files. If you can't figure it out on your own you suck and you shouldn't be mapping (yet).

challenge_test.vmf - this is the source of the map, open it in Hammer
    VGUI template.psd - this is a template for making the Bonus Maps graphics for Photoshop (I use the VTF export plugin)
    maps/challenge_test.bsp - the actual map
    maps/challenge_test/challenge_test.bns - file to make the map appear in the Bonus Maps menu with the Challenge options
    materials/VGUI/challenge_test.vmt - logo texture VMT file
    materials/VGUI/challenge_test.vtf - logo texture VTF file

Apparently you can't make challenge maps without that fucking elevator entity which is a shame because I don't want it in my maps obviously. Hooray for Valve.

59 downloads

Updated

10. pt_nds

Sudden's map, you may find it pretty challenging.

Install:
    Just extract the "portal" directory into your first \portal\ directory.
    And then you will find the map under bonus maps.

Known issues:
    The console gets full of errors.
    The water reflections work badly.
    Totally dark in the elevator at the end.

Thanks to:
    binrapt
    kenjara

62 downloads

Updated

Sign in to follow this