Heads Up! This website is no longer maintained, if your a member from our era, consider joining the discord to say hello.
Sign in to follow this  

Need Help!

Hi, I'm new to this forum and I really liked how it was customized from XGhozts' original skin. In fact, I liked it enough for it to be my guinea-pig skin in which I could learn to customize before I made my website go live.

As of now, my website will be used for a webcomic that a friend of mine and I have been brainstorming for over the past few weeks. Much of my art will also be posted in blogs, etc. But the problem is, I'm having trouble learning how to customize it on my own.

Much of my expertise lies customizing the raw CSS stylesheets of Invisionfree forums. Pretty much the basic header/footer and .maintitle and other images to "mold" it to how I wanted it to look.

But...

As I've finally decided to step it up and get my own webservice and IPB v2.3 forums, I've noticed there is MUCH for me to learn.

I am hopefully going to find people willing to help me out in what may be basic or advanced customization. This is advanced for me, as what I've been used to is lightyears behind the full IPB software.

Here's a list of things I need help with:

Blog Coding

Gallery Coding

Customizing the links. (Example - this forum has dropdown choices, but the skin released of this does not have the dropdown menu, I want to learn how to add/delete links from that menu)

Customizing the IPB Portal. (This will have links to my archived comics/graphic novel entries)

I'll start with those, as I have much more that I wish to learn. Thanks million in advance if anybody hear can throw in a helping hand!

-Hallow

Can you be a little more specific on what you need help with exactly? I don't think anyone will want to rundown a tutorial on how to do everything. Lol. Also, check out PurgeHosting.com for some nice web hosting services.

Well, specifically I want the following:

I want to add "Latest posts" and an advertisement on the right side of my forums.

This part would require me to attain knowledge about the fields that must be edited.

From what I do know, I'd need to resize the forum and create the table on the right side with the "latest threads" feed from the portal. Other than that, I don't know how I'd get the code for that or what part of the CSS/HTML I'd have to edit.

Also: I'd like to create a navigation menu below the head logo where I could have other links.

I also just want to know if I need to actually purchase the IP.Gallery/Blog. According to their site you do, but I wasn't sure if there were other codes that wouldn't cost me over 100 bucks.

Here's a link to the site: www.the-hallows.com/forums

If I'm not allowed to post the link, let me know and I'll delete it.