Heads Up! This website is no longer maintained, if your a member from our era, consider joining the discord to say hello.
Sign in to follow this  

Minimum Requirement: 1 GB RAM - WTF?

you pussy's 1 GB is nothing, I whipe my ass with 1 GB. Hell GTA: SanAndrease took 1.5 GB. I tell you what If you whant I have a program that lets you turn a flash drive into RAM. So if you have a 16 GB flash drive then install this program I have and you computer has +16 GB. If you whant the program or more info email me at ([email protected])

Are you fucking retarded?

Have you any idea how fucking slow flash drives are?

Do you even know why we need RAM?

We need RAM because the CPU needs active memory to read, and if you're reading from a flash drive, you're limited to the speed of the flash drive.

If you're going to use a flash drive with some lame ass program, why not cut out the middle man and just increase your page file usage, PF is still slower than physical RAM, but it's way faster than a flash drive.

Fucking idiot, go be a drain on society somewhere else.

Well first learn to spell WANT. And I agree with zhuinden's post I've seen better graphics for less requirements. Also since this was announced 2 years ago it is possible the requirements have either gone down or up. Here's Warcraft 3's requirements, sadly in my opinion SC2 isn't looking much better then Warcraft 3.

PC Processor TypeIntel® Pentium® II processorPC Processor Speed400MHzPC Operating SystemWindows 95/98, Windows 2000, Windows Millennium Edition (Windows Me), Windows XPPC System Memory128MB RAMPC Hard Drive Space1.25GBPC Video8MB 3D DirectX 8.1-compatible video cardPC Modem28.8 KbpsPC Additional RequirementsInternet service required to access online features

I have exactly 1GB of RAM.

Good luck :P

you pussy's 1 GB is nothing, I whipe my ass with 1 GB. Hell GTA: SanAndrease took 1.5 GB. I tell you what If you whant I have a program that lets you turn a flash drive into RAM. So if you have a 16 GB flash drive then install this program I have and you computer has +16 GB. If you whant the program or more info email me at ([email protected])

It doesn't change it into ram, it just acts as a disk cache or buffer (smart caching.)

And it is really easy to do, in vista when you plug in your 1 gig + flash drive for the first time in vista, it asks you if you would like to use it as ReadyBoost. And if you have XP you have to download the software for it (ReadyBoost or eBoostr)

Big deal, and no your computer wont have 16 GB of RAM. Disk cache is not the same as RAM and it doesn't act like RAM either. It just frees up your RAM usage for a moment of time that you are loading programs.

Err...requiring 1GB of ram isn't much for modern games. I've seen plenty that require 2GB+

starcraft 2 currently requires 1 GB of ram..thats more than cnc3!

seriously,they need to compress their files...

source:click ME

First off, compressing the files will increase the CPU and CPU required. Second off if you don't have at least 1 GB of ram (2 GB Vista) you need to upgrade your system. Every three years people not that hard!

But cost $ ;[

I don't think it's out of the norm at all for a game to have a minimum of 1gb ram requirement. I say just get used to it because in the future that number is only going to get bigger.

Some of us do not have jobs and can't get jobs due to the economy. Not everyone is rich you know and some of us are younger people. For the one who was bitching on how 1 GB is nothing, you need a life! Nuff' said.

I'm running 6 gigs of ddr3 ram on a core i7 platform and 2 GeForce GTX 285 in sli. Yep i think i'm ready for sc2

I can't wait to get back stateside, I'm gonna get myself a brand new godly desktop <3

When SC2 comes out people are going to be ready or going to paying $ to be ready.

I am going upgrade my computer for sure! I have my eye set on a sexy graphics card and every month the price goes down a little. So it gives me more patience.

Some of us do not have jobs and can't get jobs due to the economy. Not everyone is rich you know and some of us are younger people. For the one who was bitching on how 1 GB is nothing, you need a life! Nuff' said.

Don't blame the Economy for your being to lazy to find a job, they don't go looking for you until your reputable. You need to find one yourself and i bet you the Wal-Mart is hiring.

1GB IS nothing, the computer i built in 2003 with Birthday and Christmas money had 1GB of ram.

Don't blame the Economy for your being to lazy to find a job, they don't go looking for you until your reputable. You need to find one yourself and i bet you the Wal-Mart is hiring.

1GB IS nothing, the computer i built in 2003 with Birthday and Christmas money had 1GB of ram.

It is hard when I am going to school and there really is no remote location that is hiring near me. Wal-Mart is about 35 minutes away from me by car.

Well you could mow lawns or ride a bike to wal-mart get stronger and get money.

There are always small jobs you can do and just save up. Like mow lawns, rake leaves, shovel snow, babysit, etc.

I really hope it's not 1 gig of ram though.