Heads Up! This website is no longer maintained, if your a member from our era, consider joining the discord to say hello.
Sign in to follow this  

How to allow ports to host games

Alot of people have been asking how to host a game on SC when your lat sucks, or other people just can't join it.

I'm here to tell you thoroughly how to allow ports for your wireless internet so you can host games and people can join them.

I'm using D-LINK DSL-604+ for my example.

First off, make sure you have a good connection to your router, if you have a good connection it will be either 11.0 MBPS or higher, any lower and I seriously can't help you.

Then, goto online router settings, or enter the IP of your router, usually 192.168.0.1 or somewhere along those lines, if you can't connect using 192.168.0.1 goto Run then enter Cmd and type in Ipconfig, it will then show you a list of IPS look for the title "Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection" and try all the 192.168 connections under it, if it still doesn't work, then either contact your ISP, or give up.

Your username and pass should be...

admin (lower-case)

(leave this blank)

admin

admin

If those two don't work, contact your ISP, or check your manual.

In the router settings, there should be a large tab at the top labeled "Advanced" click on this and goto applications (I believe) and it should say trigger port and such. Delete your old Battle.net which should say 6112-6112 Public Port 6112 DELETE it.

Then save and make a new port named Battle.net, and follow steps below

This is what it should look like.

Name - Battle.net

Trigger port - 6112-6119

Port Type - Both

Public Port - 6112

Port Type - Both

Then, click apply and save your settings.

NOTE: You must be logged off of Battle.net and out of Starcraft for this to take affect.

After that, host a popular game, such as Cat and mouse, or a melee map.

Edited by SilentDE50

If you have a different Router this won't work, apparently. So you should put this title for the router you use.

By the way it's also not always

admin

admin

Depends what type you are using, as in a log in as a guest, limited account , or administrator account.

If it's not administrator account it won't work sadly.

Edited by U54222

If you have a different Router this won't work, apparently. So you should put this title for the router you use.

admin

admin

Depends what type you are using, as in a log in as a guest, limited account , or administrator account.

OS user accounts have nothing to do with router accounts... Usually the default logins are admin for user and no pass

Use

www.portforward.com

It works wonders

admin

admin

OS user accounts have nothing to do with router accounts... Usually the default logins are admin for user and no pass

Use

www.portforward.com

It works wonders

Well, if you use different Routers then you wouldn't have the same options.