Heads Up! This website is no longer maintained, if your a member from our era, consider joining the discord to say hello.
Sign in to follow this  

Ongoing Depression

I doubt any of you here know but I've been going through the most rough time of my life in the past month specifically Aug 7th, and last night even more specifically. I've done my best to keep my cool around you all to keep you out of my problems. But as I don't know what to do anymore to deal with my almost two month depression state; maybe to last even longer.. I honestly need some advice and help. Everything around me is falling apart, someone on this site who I have not to mention for their sake, has had honest thoughts of suicide and causing a ruckus in his fall. Since I do not know him personally I can't take much care in his problem although I try. On top of that, my BEST friend confronted me last night just at the moment I was climbing out of my low emotional state and told me he cut himself in hopes to end his problems. Obviously he was unsuccessful, I was able to talk him our of his problem after hours of talking to him, and as of now, I've pretty much lost my emotional hold on myself. Most feelings for people and myself are fading. I honestly want to come back out of this and become the happy person I was but it just doesn't work that way. Anyone who has honest advice please post article's that may help etc. Don't look for something on google for 5 minutes and post it. Chances are I've read it maybe 2 or three times.

I thank EVERYONE who honestly helps me in advance.

The only thing I can add to this would be to find something that you love doing, and do more of it. If there's anything I've learned in the past 4 years of my life it's that if you really want something all you have to do is try. For me, when I'm pissed off at someone or having a bad day I just come home and play a FPS game or something. And if I'm too tired I just code websites or something like that. And my Music is something that I couldn't live without.

Find some good music, turn it on as loud as you want. Then while it's on, go make a list of all the things you want to do and never tried. When your done, make it your goal to get those things done. If it takes getting a job and making some more friends then do it. Find a friend that will push you to do things you wouldn't do on your own (not drugs!). Keep your mind active and keep your body in good shape!

I've tried lots of music, it's on right now, but it hasn't and still isn't helping. I've tried taking multiple drives around. Didn't help. And nothing on the computer that I love doing normally is in any way appealing. I lost all interest in most of anything I do.

well dude i went though the same thing like a couple months ago i didnt feel like doin anything or goin anywhere what helped me best was friends friends and friends that care about me and even the fact that i never got over the girl but i accepted it and now me and her are best friends for me i reliazed that if you love something you can set it free but just surround yourself with friends that care about you whether it be in person or online ither way friends can help that and a lil weed always helped me get though though spots of my life

To prevent suicide, you must think of a reason why not to and Keep On Truckin' based on what you find important, what values, and to surely not commit suicide, tell that to yourself every time you would. I have 3 like that, for example 1. People will miss you, 2. I still haven't even tried to get a date or anything with someone important and 3, which is why some people believe I'm fucking weird, is that the cost of my raising was a shitload of cash, and it wouldn't be financially worth it.

Well, I'm not sure if I'm depressed or not, but I'm sure that I live by the rule of "I keep on living, even if it sucks".

Although I'm not sure why you are so depressed, I doubt it's only by the thoughts of others being suicidal.

And if you want music for depressed people, don't go Techno, go Doom Metal. Just find a good one first.

It's not my friend that wanted to kill himself that made me like this it just added to it. It started small with the breakup with my gf and it's just been building up endlessly.

Oh, well in that case the only thing that helped me was finding a better girlfriend. :P

In my view [right now] there is only two girls I would give that opportunity, they're the only ones beside me ex that are worthy of making me happy for SURE.

i dont know the one thing above everything that helps me when im depressed or lonely is i just bust out my guitar and play play untill i play somethin good then i write lyrics to it

I have a bass and an acoustic still yet to have learned how to play either :P

My synth is completely dead because to make it functional I'd need a damn power supply for it. An electricity converter or whatever it's called.

nice well dude its never to late to start playing and if your in cali like the valley then i suggest bass :P

just ask ghozt haha

Personal opinions are usually based on your quantity of money in X%. Around 89% of the girls go for those who have lots of money, they don't care about appearances, you just have to be rich and stupid.

Aimcrack, I read in a magazine the other day that scientists conducted a study of depression.

They showed how much people improved of when they took medicine and when they worked out or exercised.

It came up that people taking medicine for their depression improved 40% but people that didn't take medicine and exercised improved 40%-60%.

I suggest you start working out.

Of course they improved, working out gives you muscles, which end up in the belief of extra power and strength, and if you have more power then your ego increases which removes your depression. Wow, lol.

Maybe I'll look in to that, considering I'm a lazy person it will be a bit of a task. :/

I have a bass and an acoustic still yet to have learned how to play either :(

Try learning Tabs. =)

Yeah I could do that, but I forgot how they work on a bass, they're a bit different than a regular guitar and it depends on the tuning of the strings and I forgot how mine was tuned.

It's just teenage hormones. Everything will be ok.

I didn't know teenage hormones get you to jump off a bridge o.o We wouldn't exist anymore if it went like that, lol.

Me either.

Ok aimcrack, i have a list of things to help you with depression.

Healthy Lifestyle

-Excercise.

-Eat fish 3 times a week.

-Cut back or dont have any Caffine.

-Avoid Alcohol.

-Watch less television

-Get enough sleep. ( regular hours are a must.)

-Cut back fast food, eat healthy.

Over the counter supplements

-Take 200 mg twice a day of SAM-e (though not if you have manic depression)

-Take 1000mg of acetyl-L-Carnitine amino acids 3 times a day.

-Take 150mg magnesium twice a day. (if you take magnesium, be sure to get extra calcium as it increases the benifit of the two. and try to look for "magnesium citrate" as its most easily absorbed.)

-Take Vitamin B-Complex Supplement once each morning with breakfast. (look for one with 400mcg of folic acid and 50mg of other B vitamins.)

The following supplements have the possibility of conflicting with medications you may already be taking and you should consult with your doctor before taking them..

-Take three times a day with meals 300mg of St. Johns Wort (takes up to 4 weeks to be effective)

-Take 50mg of 5-HTP once a day, and if necessary build up to a maximum of 100mg three times a day, and no more than for 3 months. Do not take if pregnant/planning.

You can get these at any drugstore.

Psychological/Spiritual

- Try making some new friends.

- Spend more time with your friends, interacting with people that are positive influences.

- If you have a religious faith, going to church/pagoda/establishment of faith

- Meditation is a very important party of any healthy lifestyle, you can learn to do meditation by looking it up online.

- Start writing stories

- Get a constructive and healthy hobby.

-Start making changes to routine habits.

Of course, id like to add that any human problem should be adressed in 5 ways, Physical, Nuitritional, Mental, Metaphysical, (And in the cases of the last two) Social.

To solve said problem, its only by balancing all 5 aspects that you can hope to obtain a healthy lifestyle. You give a man a pill, and cure him for a day, you give a man a healthy lifestyle and you cure him for life. LoL.. anyways..

Medication is always a last resort (even supplements arnt prefferable), and you should try to eat healthier and exercise more, while mantaining healthy relationships.

I used to be depressed alot, but that disapeared almost instantly when i joined an energy healing practice (of which there are many you can try.) you can even google "Energy Healing."

No matter how much youve read about depression im sure you havnt seen at least some of this stuff.

Anyways i hope this helps.

I see this topic is a couple weeks old but i figure with things being how they are in your life you are more than likely still not ok. Id like to see if theres anything i can do here, as ive dealt with my share of depression, if not more.

In the past ive had the focus of my life on a single thing, it was everything to me and there was nothing else outside of it. When that thing fell through i cant say i was in a good spot. I was very depressed, i couldnt handle anything, stayed in bed for nearly all of the day, and communicated with no one. I didnt want to do anything, and my parents for once seemed to notice that i exist when i wasnt eating much. I cant say they were genuinely concerned but they tried something approximating it. I didnt care, the one thing holding me together and my reason for waking up every day was gone.

And i wanted to die.

I found no joy in anything, no one could really talk to me. Not that id ignore them but id have no motivation to respond or reason what was being said to me. I could be read my death warrent and simply stare, blank faced. It wasnt healthy in any sort and it seemed as though that was all id ever be until my mind finally dawned on the fact that i could end it myself. I considered cutting but decided it would have been too easy to be found out, and i was never a dumb kid, even when i was an effortless blank slate of my former self, i knew if anyone was to get inside my head that didnt understand me, id be locked up and put on a pill of every color. And i just might have, but i had someone care enough to get me out of it.

I cant say theres any one certain thing that needs to be said or done to get someone to regain their will to live after its been so badly hit. Somehow, a friend i had acquired after the summer of the incident, managed to help me. I dont know what she did or said that worked but i once again seemed alive. Awake. I had some sort of hope or something approximating it.

So i wonder now what there is i can say to help, what can be said by anyone. The long and short of it is no one sentence is going to get you out of this. As much as i wish i could, because i know what its like to be there. The best thing you can do is try to keep being blank until your ready to be back to your old self. And maybe you think your ready now, but something inside may still be holding you back. The depression only subsides when it knows that its done what it came to do, and what it does is make an impact. When it can no longer do that, when we no longer enable it to keep its hold on us, we move past it. Which admittedly is very very difficult.

Theres not going to be any easy way out or magic moment. But it will be over sometime, hopefully before you reach the end of your endurance. The edge is a scary place to be, and im glad i was able to step back. Talk with anyone you can when ever you need someone there, just simply letting words flow from you can do some good.

I hope you get through this, and i hope my words have helped a bit, if at all.

Edited by Excalibur