Heads Up! This website is no longer maintained, if your a member from our era, consider joining the discord to say hello.
Sign in to follow this  

Problems with Scmdraft2 0.8.0

Im Having a problem with SCMDraft 2, i clicked on new then selected tilset then sayed ok but it dident load and it sayed "Error Creating Tileset" :)

Does anyone know how to fix this? :search:

I think you'll need to redownload SCMDraft. It sounds like you have missing tilesets. That or some other problem. Just redownload it. That should probably fix it.

kk thanks ill try that and if it wont work idk what will fix it :biggrin:

If you don't have starcraft installed I don't think it will work. AFAIK it reads all of the sprite, tile, doodads, etc. from the actual files in the starcraft folder to save space when downloading.

I'm having problems with the string editor, all the windows are black

And the Corsair and Hero Corsair always do the same amount of damage, I change one and it changes both...

Help?

Maybe you should check out the editor called StarForge? That's the one I use..

It's not as user friendly though.

I downloaded StarForge, but there were issues loading the StarDat.mpq file

Sounds like you're having all kinds of problems.

If I was you I would post your problems over @ StarEdit.net as they specialize in map making/modding, and will probably be able to help you better.

In my oppinion my guess would be you either have a bad installation of SC, or you're missing a system file (like an ocx file) that is required to run one or both of the programs.

I downloaded StarForge, but there were issues loading the StarDat.mpq file

All you have to do is point it to your stardat file, it's located in your starcraft folder.

As far as I can tell XGhozt Starforge does not have any option of telling it where to load said file.

The options are:

Open Map Path

Save Map Path

Brushes (within Starforge's own data folder)

Data (within Starforge's own data folder)

Edit: My bad I meant does not!

Download "Starforge Plus" - it prompts you right when you open it.

I have starcraft installed from the Blizzard downloader, and when I give it the location of StarDat.mpq it says "Location found, Please restart the program" at which point it asks me to look for it again

Sounds like an installation problem with your origional starcraft installation. I would try uninstalling it and then reinstalling. (don't forget to save your maps)

Try using these registry files I created. They just might solve your problem if the way I think SCMDraft and Starforge were written is correct.

Use this one if you are running Windows XP 32bit: XP32.zip

Use this if you are running Windows Vista 32bit: V32.zip

Use this one if you are running Windows Vista 64bit: V64.zip

Try installing SCMDraft or Starforge after you run the registry file tailored to your computer. If these don't help, then I'm not sure what your problem may be.