Heads Up! This website is no longer maintained, if your a member from our era, consider joining the discord to say hello.
Sign in to follow this  

Help With Programming/ Coding

Question has already been answered a year ago. No need to keep posting irrelevant information in essence of a past thread.

Edited by Protoman

Go search the internet for source codes. VB = Visual basic. A very easy language to learn. At least IMO. Great for starters.

yeah VB is easy,

i just got Visual Studio like a week ago, VB is fun

i mades a calkulator!!!

Visual Basic is a very easy programming language typically used for introducing new users to the world of programming. Some more experienced programmers criticize it with getting novice programmers bad impressions of how easy programming is and putting them into bad habits. In my opinion, if you plan on making any seriously complicated or 'hard-core' programs, or pursue a career in programming, I would skip VB.

Visual Basic 6 is the most used version of VB although later versions have been released such as .NET.

As for tutorials and Ebooks, I don't have the links to them on the computer I'm currently on, but if you send me a PM I'll be sure to send to some useful links that'll help with programming languages such as VB6, ASM (Assembly), C, and C++. You can also check to see if your school has any programming classes open if you still attend a school.

If your wanting to code for hacks, your not going to get anywhere with VB. MASM/C++ is your best bet. And considering you don't even know what VB means. Don't expect to be able to code anything hack related for another year or so. I'm not trying to be an ass at all, I'm just letting you know what your getting yourself into ahead of time.

Go with Suteki. If you really wanna learn go download ASM > Drakkens template...

I'm not trying to pursue a career in programming, I'm already studying to be a doctor.

This is just something i could also learn on my spare time. I seem to absorb information like a sponge. :D

Edited by Protoman

Why pay for it o.o I got a cd right here of virual basic itself that my college gave me =P

hhhhhheeeeeelllllllll no

it cost like 2 grand (.net)

You guys are still posting in here? But yea, I'm already researching and got visual basic 2005. Soon enough, ill be researching C++ :D

Edited by Protoman

ahh man.. if i was you i would rather choose to go into C# that where most company want and needs.. but you can get the beta version thats 2GB for free... its on mircosoft.com i believe.. not sure havent check in a while though..

ahh man.. if i was you i would rather choose to go into C# that where most company want and needs.. but you can get the beta version thats 2GB for free... its on mircosoft.com i believe.. not sure havent check in a while though..

I thought C++ was more advance than C#. I've been researching C++ for a while now, i even bought a book on it.

Hm, i want to learn the exact same thing. Protoman could you pm me a link or something you found on you way? I already have Visual Studio. And people tel me to use c++ .

it all depends on what you want to do really, C is good for games and VB is good for windows applications. Some of the restrictions .NET has pisses me off though, but that's what you get for a Microsoft product =/

See I just want the correct programming for making a hack for SC brood war. I mean if someone can plz just post like something that is good for ppl that are just trying to get the foundation for SC hacking. I have C++ Express Edition 2008 and it just gave me like some stuff. If this program is not a SC hack making program then plz do send a website.

HungMob }:-Ð

C++ is perfectly fine for making hacks. I think the best thing to do is just read a C++ Ebook for while and practice until you get a generally understanding of C++ and the client you're using. Atleast to the point where you feel comfortable writing C++ code that you don't always have to check back on Ebooks or guides on what to put in. From there you should read up on tutorials and source code for making specific hacks and programs and learn from those.

Right now I'm trying to learn C++ and i so far have the basics down. If i continue I'll hopefully be able to make something that can be considered a starcraft hack sometime in the near future.

Visual Basic is a very easy programming language typically used for introducing new users to the world of programming. Some more experienced programmers criticize it with getting novice programmers bad impressions of how easy programming is and putting them into bad habits. In my opinion, if you plan on making any seriously complicated or 'hard-core' programs, or pursue a career in programming, I would skip VB.

I would not recommend VB under any circumstances. It is a platform dependant a limited language that teaches very bad programming techniques.

If your wanting to code for hacks, your not going to get anywhere with VB. MASM/C++ is your best bet. And considering you don't even know what VB means. Don't expect to be able to code anything hack related for another year or so. I'm not trying to be an ass at all, I'm just letting you know what your getting yourself into ahead of time.

"Don't expect to be able to code anything hack related for another year or so" No offence setuki but I came from not knowing what a memory hook is to coding a multicommmand in 2 months of occasional work. I did already know about 7 programming languages and have some decent debugging skills, but none-the-less, it is possible he could do the same (if not better).

C++ is perfectly fine for making hacks. I think the best thing to do is just read a C++ Ebook for while and practice until you get a generally understanding of C++ and the client you're using. Atleast to the point where you feel comfortable writing C++ code that you don't always have to check back on Ebooks or guides on what to put in. From there you should read up on tutorials and source code for making specific hacks and programs and learn from those.

Right now I'm trying to learn C++ and i so far have the basics down. If i continue I'll hopefully be able to make something that can be considered a starcraft hack sometime in the near future.

C++ is definately the way to go, but not generally in that way. If you are a kinesthetic learner (like me :D) I would suggest learning a 100% open source language (aka interpreted language) such as perl and/or python. With this you can learn the language, view others code, go to google when you have a question; and you dont have to worry about the compiler, the money, and the normal Microsoft/Non-open source B.S.

all-in-all:

If you dont mind the little extra work that come with a compiled language (learning to use the compiler, the external code method, etc) than your best bet by far would be C/C++. I would not recommend learning C++ without first learning C.

If you just want to get started and learn a good, well rounded language w/o the extra crap, go for python/perl. They can still do everything any other language can, you just dont have to worry about the compiler crap.

Heres some links:

Python:

Perl:

C/C++:

As for VB: run, hide, move to china, do whatever you have to, just dont learn it.

If you keep it up, you can go a long ways from where you are now. :P

Yeah, this is a very old topic. There really isn't a reason to keep posting in this thread.

heh... I have a ton of ebooks if you want them >.>

Though i wouldn't recommend vb. I would recommend c++ but you shouldn't learn c first use a book like accelerated c++ and don't learn low level crap unless your doing hacks otherwise go ahead and forget all the nice features c++ has. Visual studio express editions are free.

So does the python thing work with VB or do I need to dl that to?

HungMob }:-þ

Hi, sorry to bump the thread!

But I would suggest learning some .NET Technology. Such as the C# Language!

It's very easy to learn, albeit very powerful and flexible to use.

Microsoft also has a FREE IDE ( Interface development environment ) that you can download [ just google it ] called Visual Studio Express...

There's tons of FREE help for it such as http://codeproject.com

But, I would suggest getting a book like Essential C# or WPF Unleashed which is new to .NET 3.0+

Current version is .NET 3.5

It has functional programming which allows for function chaining properly and lambda expressions et cetera...

If you need any specific help or advice on this just let me know.

Regards,

LeRoi