Heads Up! This website is no longer maintained, if your a member from our era, consider joining the discord to say hello.
Sign in to follow this  

Ghoztcraft December Updates!

The Ghoztcraft

December Updates!

We've got quite the line up in events for Ghoztcraft this month. Here is a list of things you might be interested in knowing. These are the plans for the next month and/or generation of Ghoztcraft. The staff and administrators here have been working hard to make these happen and we would like to thank our members and especially our VIP Members for allowing us to get as far we have!

First of all, some things have been removed from the website due to inactiveness. Which probable means you don't or/and won't care about this. Don't worry, we don't either:

-The Teams Modifications

- - We know that once upon a time this was used, but some where a long doing the updates it suddenly stopped working. Sorry guys! It’s officially removed.

- The WebHosting and Frapper Pages.

- - These where some fun pages that got removed. The WebHosting page was just an iframe, useless and created for testing purposes. The Frapper page was removed because frapper deleted our map!

-Some of the menu items were removed and/or replaced with new ones. This allows for a smaller menu.

Now, on with the updates!

The Arcade

We've been working on getting that thing organized so we can actually take advantage of its features and put it to good use. Soon all the games will be organized and we will be holding Arcade Tournaments with acceptable prizes. Expect new games to be added weekly.

The Arcade

The Shoutbox

Some members have still be asking what happened to it. Well, it's now a VIP only feature. Others have been asking how to disable, sooo… I have some nice information you might be interested in knowing! Once a VIP Member, you can disable the shoutbox if you wish to do so. Here is a video tutorial explaining how to disable the shoutbox!

Disabling the Shoutbox.

Once disabled you can navigate to it again from the "Main Menu".

Affiliates

Good news! You no longer have to send me an IM to ask to be affiliated with Ghoztcraft. We've got a brand Affiliates area on the site that allows you to view the details and Apply for Affiliation. Here it is: Affiliates This is also available in the "Main Menu".

Ghoztcraft Mobile

This has been requested a few times, and I also could use this. I've been working on designing a website for Mobile Devices with internet access. Wouldn't it be nice to browse Ghoztcraft on the Go? Well, you can be looking forward to doing this in the near future as it's under development starting this month.

The Menu

We're working on a new design for the menu system on Ghoztcraft. We thought it would be nice to have the ability to have sub menu's in the menu and fix a few bugs we have now. Currently, if your window is too small you will notice that the menu goes up, and not down. Starting this month, development of the new Menu system is under construction. It will allow for better navigation and faster load times.

The Menu links will be officially updated by tonight.

The new Menu system is Under construction.

The Inferno RPG

This is a notice that we are looking for people to manage this. You will get 100% administration of the system. You can build the RPG, create the monsters, stores, levels and adventure. It takes time and skill, if you think you can manage it then let us know as soon as possible. The software was $100 to get a license and it shouldn't go to waste!

The Gallery (View)

Some changes have been made to the gallery here, please take a look and enjoy the images, design tweaks and easy accessibility. It's now available to guests as well. Feel free to create and manage your own public, or private albums.

The Uploader (View)

Most of you don't now about this feature, or simply don't use it. I strongly suggest that you take advantage of this as soon as possible. The Uploader allows you to upload, hotlink and manage your own files! But what most people don't know is that VIP Members can send me a PM and request more upload space for free! But hurry, the service wont be free forever. Starting at the end of this month you will no longer be able to register unless you are a VIP Member.

The FireFox Plugin

Coming soon to your favorite browser is a unique plugin designed to make navigation of Ghoztcraft easy. It will add another menu to the file menu called "Ghoztcraft" and will allow you to quickly navigate around the site right from the browser! Development of this starts this December.

Congratulations and Thank you!

We would like to take this time to say thank you to all of the VIP Members who donated this last few months. We've hit a record high in donations and we now have just over 100 VIP Members. You guys have raised over a thousand dollars and 80% of that went right back into the site. Because of you, we have come as far as we have. We encourage others to join the VIP Membership, as there are many features that you just can't live without as a dedicated Gc Member.

With that said, I'd like to announce the new Super VIP group. This group is only available to handpicked participants and users who get in will be sent a Welcome PM. Some extra features will be available to them

only. You can get in this group by getting involved in the site, becoming a trusted member and being a member for a long period of time (at least 6-8 months).

Ghoztcraft Forum Statistics (View)

Are you interested in knowing how we're doing and how many people visit Ghoztcraft? Well now you can, and you don't want to wait for me to post it. I installed this unique software about a month ago and waited for the statistics to climb and I feel that it's accurate enough to share with you. This link will be in the menu.

However, it should be noted that this is ONLY the forums,

not the Wiki, XGhozt.com or any other websites hosted at Ghoztcraft.

Believe it or not, we hit 5,000,000 hits this month. And 22,000 Unique Hits.

The Ghoztcraft Wiki (View)

Thank you everyone for keeping this service interesting and updated. We intend to start making a better more interactive use of the GhoztWiki soon. We also registered the domain GhoztWiki.com, however it just redirects to Ghoztcraft.net. You can access the wiki at wiki.Ghoztcraft.net. Please keep posting and updating articles! Note that you must be VIP or have 100 Posts to use the system, this obviously prevents defacement and abuse.

The Game Servers

We are taking down the Unreal Tournament 3 Demo game server. Now that the real game has been released once the Linux server version is available it will be installed and setup for us. The Private Starcraft Server has been very inactive lately and we know about it. Once we upgraded our server as long all of our configuration settings and image banners were lost. By the end of the month we plan on redoing the settings and getting that setup again so we can have another hacking contest! Anyone interested in having a clan hosted on the server or being a mod/admin on it please send me a PM once the server is

available for use again.

Also, there are plans for a Counter-Strike server. No ETA.

I cleaned up the User Control Panel (View)

Check out the UserCP here, is has many new features you will like.

First of all, notice the Arcade Links. You can quickly navigate around the arcade from there. The Affiliates System is also here, with the same purpose as the arcade. Below that, you can manage the Gallery and your albums. Next, we have the Referral System which you can use a special link to give to people you refer to Ghoztcraft. Each person you refer here in turn reflects your points reward. You get points for them, and you can review how many points everyone has received. If the person you refer gets banned, then you lose points.

These features are not being taken enough advantage of and I suggest you click around and get to know them!

Well, I know that was a lot of reading, and if you read it all then I thank you for reading it and I hope you are better informed and you're looking forward to the updates. If anyone is interested in seeing something else changed, updated, removed, or added please post here and we can consider it.

I'm expecting lots of feedback so please post your opinion on something here. I'm looking forward to reading your responses. With that said, here's to having an awesome user database, great members and goodluck to us for the next months to come. :hi2:

Yours Truly,

~XGhozt :thumbsup: [/hr]

ooo super vip that sounds nice along with the inferno rpg i as well would not like to see that go to waste =/ and im really looking forward to the fire fox plug in

SUPER VIP FTW!!! lol

You outdid yourself this time XGhozt. Things just keep getting better at Ghoztcraft in my opinion. I can't wait for all of the features to be accessible. And look forward to even more things to come. :thumbsup:

Ghoztcraft is going through surgery i see

Your operater will be Mr X. Ghozt

:)

Sweetnees

I want more game servers. Such as: WoW and D2.

Other than that, good job.

I want more game servers. Such as: WoW and D2

A Diablo 2 Server might come with the Updated PvPGN Server. No ETA.

Also, you might want to say something about the proxy.

Also, you might want to say something about the proxy.

The proxy is low priority and I'm not making any changes/updates to it.

Only one thing i can say... SECKSY Gj Ghozt

I wanted the Ghoztcraft "mods team" to be revised and something done over.

I wanted the Ghoztcraft "mods team" to be revised and something done over.

I've been thinking about doing that too, I think some of the mods around here are getting lazy..

Dam thats the longest thing I have read all week, good job though a lot of effort put into this.

P.S. Reading it made me curious to when I joined this site. lol and it has been over one year now lol dam! Well to tell you the truth I joined even earlier than that lol on another account but i forgot the pw after a few weeks....)

Edited by striker

I've been thinking about doing that too, I think some of the mods around here are getting lazy..

Lazy or not it still needs to be fixed.

A WoW server is not in our near future, and a Diablo II server is currently unfesable, i've been researching into Diablo 2 and it seems that the system was never developed for a Linux server only Windows. I can say how ever that Warcraft 3 is on the horizon.

Also with a reseant search of my hard drives i've found all those fun little icons and ad banners, i will also accept new banners via PM or Eternal-Filez upload.

Okay, I just made some sexy group icons and modified the online list!

It looks great, let me know what you guys think.

LOL SUPER VIP HAHAHAHHAAHAHA!!!!

Thats super Sexxxy , XGhozt.

11_30_2007%2002_31%20PM.png

Who wants to beta test? =P

I should have it done in a week or so.. any feature requests?

Looks really nice.

Me! I love beta testing anything.

Okay, well I should have a usable extension done on Wednesday, I'll send you a copy. Anyone else?

YAY!!! Mobile GC! now, i can be in class and be distracted on this instead of google maps :(.

I can beta the mobile and help with programmign if you want :(

edit::::

oh yea, I'll beta the menu if you want too...

Okay, well I should have a usable extension done on Wednesday, I'll send you a copy. Anyone else?

ill test it :(

also about the super vip what other privileges will it get ? and last but not least SECKSI ICONS!!!

Edit: ill also test super vip if you want me to :(

Me and XGhozt have been talking about letting "Super VIP" access the time riff that i made, alowing you to travel thoughout time.

I'll help beta test the menu ^^ And it's about time you implemented the super VIP thing. Last time we talked about that was like a long time ago >_>