Heads Up! This website is no longer maintained, if your a member from our era, consider joining the discord to say hello.
Sign in to follow this  

Ghoztcraft December Updates!

Update - Member Teams

The Member Teams mod is working again, they released an update 2 days ago for the modification and so I reinstalled it.

memberteams.png

Description:

This mod adds the ability for your members to have their own member teams. They can have other members join, open their own forum on your forum and manage other team members through an easy to use control panel.

Features:

- Members can only create teams if they have a certain number of posts set by forum admin

- Each team has a leader(the person who creates the team) and a co-leader

- The leader can choose a team logo or give other team members permission to do that

- Leaders can create ranks that they can assign to their members

- A group overview page allows groups to make a short HTML-enabled description about their team

- The leader can set permissions on which team members can do what( Different permissions are based on the different categories of settings, which are Team, Forum, and Permissions )

- Leaders can approve members wanting to join the team through an easy to use activation list... you can simply dismiss members that you don\'t want on your team

- Members can resign(or voluntarily dismiss themselves) from the team

- Leaders can dismiss other team members

- Team leaders can create a subforum for their team, and assign forum moderators to that forum

- Team Member List lists all members in a team

- Team Leader can Mass PM all team members

- Team News allows Team Leaders to post news about their team

- PM notifications regarding team member approval

- Permission masks instead of password-protected forums

- A profile tab is added using the new Profile Portal Page

- Overall fixes and security updates

Information

You can create your own "team". That team can have it's own forum. You can join as many teams as you want. Admins will not have access to members team forums unless they're joined in the group. You moderate your team forum. You must have a co-leader. Teams do not need admin approval.

Enjoy.

:smith: kewl, it's working again, now you have to add a link for it in the menu XD Since we skipped it.

:smith: kewl, it's working again, now you have to add a link for it in the menu XD Since we skipped it.

It's located in the member bar.

Screeny.

memberteams.png

Awesome :smith:

The Ghoztcraft Menu is done! Anyone that wanted/wants to beta test the menu please contact me somehow within the next 2-3 days. I want to find any broken links, typos or computability issues before I release the FireFox Addon!

I will only take the first 5 beta testers!

12_05_2007%2005_47%20AM.png

im so jealous... i wish i could help with all this stuff :/

im so jealous... i wish i could help with all this stuff :/

Knwn, all you have to do is stick around and post when you can. :blush2: It seems you posting here has encouraged others to do so. You are helping!

Ghoztcraft is like a puddle, most of us create ripples and you created a wave.

~XGhozt

nice btw ghozt ill test it (sent you an IM)

lol i know that silly. im good at that :P i ment with programming and stuff. i have 4 sites right now running off a new server but i cant do anything with them because every possible way to do anything to them including ftp is blocked here.... and i didnt bring my laptop so i dont have vb or anything either :(

Ghoztcraft is like a puddle, most of us create ripples and you created a wave.

~XGhozt

awwwwww i feel so loved

Want me to send you VB through email? XD And I'll test it :P

Anyone else want to beta test the menu?

{spam] i would love u forever if u sent me vb vip :P christmas present? :( (/spam]

and did u make the menu extension xg?

Yeah, Viper helped speed up the process by doing some of the forums coding for me. It's still undergoing beta testing with some people who wanted to beta test it.

orgasmic to bad my cell phone is on a mountain covered in snow... 2000 miles away... you know i dont think im going to get it back... i think i need a new 1...

AWESOME!!!!

11_30_2007%2002_31%20PM.png

Who wants to beta test? =P

I should have it done in a week or so.. any feature requests?

Yeeh, i wanna take the beta test,

Too late, I'm releasing it tomorrow. :D Well.. today.. In like.. 9 hours.. I guess.

lolz XD Will it be fully public or VIP Only? Because IMO it doesn't really need to be VIP only.

KICK ASS!!!!!!!!!!! Awsomenness :D. +rep

lolz XD Will it be fully public or VIP Only? Because IMO it doesn't really need to be VIP only.

I never said it was going to be VIP.. o.0

I just moved the reputation bar thing to the top of every posts. No one's ever done that before and I think it actually looks really nice. It saved us some more space from the side bar on the posts view. Also, I fixed the bug which prevented us from naming the increments of rep, and thanks to aimcrack you will now see some text next to the reputation. This is much like the member ranks we have, but for reputation.

That looks kinda cool

There are now ranking stars next to each forum. This is based on how many posts/topics there are in that particular forum.

gc_forum-rankstars.png

We now have a "Recent Downloads" block on the portal home. This took me about 2 hours because I had to convert some REALLY old code. We had that block back when Ghoztcraft only had about 250 members. It's good to have that one back, now we can see the latest downloads right from the home page.