Heads Up! This website is no longer maintained, if your a member from our era, consider joining the discord to say hello.
Sign in to follow this  

Volf's Drop Mod - OUTDATED

Volf's Drop Mod - OUTDATED

Version: 1.0.0

Author: Volf

Category: The Archive

Screenshot:

img-1-1196390056.jpg

Description:

This is a rather simple drop mod by volf for DiabloII expansion 1.11b patch

This file is outdated, check here for updates: http://diablo3plaza.com/

Introduction

This is a rather simple drop mod by volf for DiabloII expansion 1.11b patch. What makes this drop mod different from others is that the player gets to choose between 3 difficulty ranges on startup, easy, medium and hard. Each difficulty differs slightly, in the easies version you get wary powerful hirelings early in the game while in the hard version hirelings are as in the original game and monsters are stronger. Read more about the difficulties in the Features section.

Features

Common In all difficulty levels:

-More frequent rare, set and unique drops - this does not mean it will rain uniques and sets. In the beginning you will

notice more rare drops but once you get some "better chance of finding magic items" gear then you will notice a huge

difference.

-Better rune drops, this means quality of the rune drops not quantity.

-Realm only runewords are enabled.

Easy:

Characters:

- Stamina drain is greatly reduced, meaning you can keep running around until your sick of it!

- Mana recovery is 5 times faster than normal!

- All Characters have Teleport skill!

Hirelings:

-act1- Guided arrow and Freezing Arrow!

Medium:

Characters:

- Stamina drain is normal!

- Mana recovery is normal!

- Only Sorceress has Teleport skill

Hirelings:

-Same as unmodified version of the game!

Monsters:

-Hit Points Doubled

Hard:

Characters:

- Stamina drain is normal!

- Mana recovery is normal!

- Only Sorceress has Teleport skill!

Hirelings:

-Same as unmodified version of the game!

Monsters:

- Hit Points Tripled!

- Run and walk speed increased!

- Half of the monsters in Throne of Destruction will drop runes!

Requirements & Installation

Requirements

- Before installing the mod you need to have a clean version of diablo2 expansion with 1.11b patch. (clean version means no third party programs and a legal copy of the game).

- This mod has only been tested with windows xp, if you test the mod on a different windows version then please let us know how it went.

Installation

Step1 - Once you have unpacked the zip to your desktop, go to the files folder and copy the data folder and the DROPMOD_Start.bat file to your diablo2 directory (your diablo2 directory maeans the folder where you have the game installed, this is usually under C:program FilesDiablo II). If there already is a data folder in there, then rename the old data folder to something else before you copy over the new one.

Step2 - Go back to your desktop and create a shortcut to the DROPMOD_Start.bat.

How to make a shortcut- right click, choose create a new shortcut, the shortcut creation screen will pop up, now press the browse button and browse to the DROPMOD_Start.bat that is now in your Diablo II directory. When done press next and choose a name or use the default one and press finish.

Your done. Now use the new shortcut to start the game, a dos window will open, se screenshot below.

Download The File

Submitted by XGhozt, on Nov 29 2007, 09:34 PM

Edited by XGhozt

Hmm.........is this detectable?

It's been around for a while, just never added. Use it at your own risk as usual.

saying "use at your own risk" just doesnt make you wana download it

Every singly hack here says "use at your own risk"

I'm sure you've downloaded a file or two in your time here.

Lol...

QUOTE(volf @ Jul 17 2008, 02:07 PM)

The file is outdated by 2 years, please update the file to the latest version http://www.18v.biz/drop_mod_1-11.html or remove it.

Thanks

Well you could of been less lazy and uploaded it yourself.

That website does infact have a download for the newest version, he did exactly what you said he was too lazy too do. xGhost or another mod should update the link to the newest version(Rather then creating a secnd DL thread for it.)

Edited by Vailence

Well you could of been less lazy and uploaded it yourself.

Thanks for the warm welcome!

Anyway i don't want outdated versions of my mods being redistributed as i only support the latest version + the links in the readme leads to a site i nolonger own (advertising company snatched the domain).

It happens to the best of us, myself definitly included.

...Do I get some of this cookie? :P

Sign in to follow this