Heads Up! This website is no longer maintained, if your a member from our era, consider joining the discord to say hello.
Sign in to follow this  

Tcp And Udp Ports

how do you open the TCP and UDP out and in for Starcraft so i can host games or play a game properly without lagging.

every weekend i go to my friend's house while my mum works. everytime i play with other 2 people on battle.net starcraft on there computer the game will always start to lag, HARD because of me. is there anyway i can stop this?

Depending on how your computer is connected to the internet, there is one of two ways you could use for this.

1. Windows Fire wall settings.

You can add an exception and add Starcraft as a program the firewall will NOT block. You just set up the port 6112 for TCP and UDP and it should work.

2. Your router configurations need to be changed.

Same process as above, however it is in your router, instead of the computer's firewall.

my firewall doesn't block starcraft. but i dont get this stuff about my router... i have no clue on what this is (im only 13) but how am i supposed to edit this to allow me to host or not lag in Starcraft?

thats what portforward does, you can edit ur routers settings. (im only 14)

it costs money though doesn't it. i have no idea on what my router is aswel.

Edited by Magical-Trever

Lol.

I had the same problem, I gave up.

Lol.

I had the same problem, I gave up.

o... you're telling me to give up. thanks for the help (NOT)

here a quick yet more dangerous (less secure) way of opening port. Heres an example. i have loads of internet games. i dont wanna port forward for each one so i create a DMZ.

to do this open your modem/router(norm something like 192.168.2.1 or 192.168.1.0)

search for create a DMZ or dematerialized zone

enable it for your comp

your good for port forwarding

WARNING: THIS OPENS ALL YOUR PORTS MAKING YOUR COMPUTER MOVE VENERABLE TO MALICIOUS PROGRAMS!!