Heads Up! This website is no longer maintained, if your a member from our era, consider joining the discord to say hello.
Sign in to follow this  

Blizzard Confirms New Mmog

It's been assumed for quite some time that Blizzard Entertainment is working on a new massively multiplayer online game. In April, Blizzard indicated a "next-gen MMO" was in the works by way of job listings on its official Web site. Playing coy, however, the World of Warcraft developer simply noted that it had a number of unannounced projects under its awnings, but no official confirmation of a new title would be forthcoming.

At this year's Austin Game Developer's Conference, Blizzard CEO Michael Morhaime reiterated that fact, saying the studio was "starting to think about what we want to do next," but that Blizzard wouldn't be ready to open up about a new project "probably not for a long time."

That time is apparently drawing nearer--somewhat, at least. After a new batch of job requisitions were posted to Blizzard's Web site, WOW fans flocked to the game's message boards to salivate over the prospects of World of Guitar Hero--stemming from the developer's recent merger with megapublisher Activision. After a fan speculated that the openings were simply for Wrath of the Lich King--announced during this year's BlizzCon as the second expansion to WOW--a Blizzard community representative for the first time officially confirmed that Blizzard was working on a new MMOG.

"No, it is an unannounced next-gen MMO," said the rep. "And that doesn't mean an expansion for World of Warcraft either."

In addition to Wrath of the Lich King, Blizzard has announced it is working on Starcraft II, the first new full installment in its popular real-time strategy franchise in a decade.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6183916.html

Sexy but i dont think it will happen.

diablo 3

I'm hoping for a 'World of Starcraft' because i think diablo 3 would be too much like WoW if they kept the same mechanics.

worlds of starcraft?

they have Sc2 already

so dont think so?

Maybe they can take place during the same time but tell different/side stories.

To be honest, i think Starcraft should remain Rts. It would kill the whole conception of the game if it were to be renovated into a mmorpg. :boredom:

maybe if it remained Rts, but they added a mic feature in which you could interact with people instead of typing it.

Edited by Protoman

Perhaps another WoW like game with graphics that don't look shit? That might be nice to see.

Something with UT3/Gears of War graphics on an MMOG would be amazing.

Perhaps another WoW like game with graphics that don't look shit? That might be nice to see.

:D WoW doesn't look like shit and Blizzard has never been about graphics. I don't know why you would hope this game to be like WoW but with graphics that try to go for the realistic look. That'd be so... uninviting.

Im going to go with diablo 3 here.... wow and warcraft have enough crap out. sc2 is in the making so guessing for d3.

:D WoW doesn't look like shit and Blizzard has never been about graphics. I don't know why you would hope this game to be like WoW but with graphics that try to go for the realistic look. That'd be so... uninviting.

It's not "bad", it's just cartoony. o.0

this IS diablo 3..I know they haven't comfirmed it...But unless the are making a Lost Vikings MMO,Then,this IS diablo3 ....

Hm, i agree with XGhozt. A MMO with gears of war graphics would be insane, However WoW doesnt have "shit graphics" but the gameplay is just amazing. Now a diablo 3 would be hard for me to imagine..I really cant picture it.

Hm, i agree with XGhozt. A MMO with gears of war graphics would be insane, However WoW doesnt have "shit graphics" but the gameplay is just amazing. Now a diablo 3 would be hard for me to imagine..I really cant picture it.

Yeah, I remember back when graphics were not really a factor in gameplay, but rather just an added bonus.

WoW reminds me of TF2

Its really cartoony also but teh physics system on all steam games are phenomenal

WoW reminds me of TF2

Its really cartoony also but teh physics system on all steam games are phenomenal

k, well, Team Fortress 2 looks like the Incredibles.

World of Warcraft looks like a dumbed down Guild Wars in terms of graphics. Dumbed far down, but has an element of realism.

That comparison is from way too different extremes.

worlds of starcraft?

they have Sc2 already

so dont think so?

Soon after the release of warcraft 3 they announced WOW, if it was world of starcraft it would't be to much of a suprise.

They would make a world of diablo before they made a starcraft. Eventually blizzard is going to be screwed because you can only push a game so damn far.

the warcraft series has way more flexability though, Like diablo3 is str8 up rpg I mean its one storyline..kinda hard to make an MMO. If starcraft was made into an MMO that would make so muh confusion between sc and WoW, By confusion i mean people wouldnt know wich game to buy(i hope you get what i mean by that) Its like they are competing with themselves.. Thus its hard t predict what the MMO is for..

Diablo III probably wont exist. i've heard its confirmed by Blizzard it wont be made.

but, on youtube you can look at some trailers

dude ghozt if you made an mmorpg with gears like graphics the system requirements would be like bio shock but probably more and people with slower high speed internet connections and or dial up would be fucked harder than an asain whore but i would love to see something like that im just saying the requirements would be a bitch for a computer...

I agree. Warcraft has too much junk.

They need to focus on they're other 2 games.

But, another MMORG, i think it's going to be another "series" then just an expansion pack or another part to a currently existing game.

But honestly, Diablo III, World of Starcraft (which would of been Starcraft Ghost imo), and World of Warcraft Expansion pack 3... can you really be serious?

Besides, i heard that they're trying to make Starcraft II playable on a weak/sucking computer, but not too sucking, and still compatible with Mac Classic (this i havent been able to confirm though), so this new MMORG wouldn't be too decent in graphics wise, but good enough to play with and love.

Just my opinions...

You guys are merely considering the currently existing games!!!

What you refuse to even consider is that what if they are making a whole new game!?!?!?!

THEN WHAT?!

Your mind surely boggles at the thought right? Mine did too!

I hope its a whole new game so that we can experience something new.

Not the same old crap over and over again but in different perspective.

Not to say that SC and WC were not good, in fact they were excellent!

Each having its own excellent qualities like SC being all RTS while WC3 has RTS with heroes.

I love both but don't you just get a little tired?

Thats why I think Blizzard will release a brand new game!

Lets all cross our fingers and hope!