Heads Up! This website is no longer maintained, if your a member from our era, consider joining the discord to say hello.
Sign in to follow this  

Pictures On Cell Phone.

I just bought a USB cable for my cell phone (Nokia 6165i) so that I could transfer my photos and pictures to the computer. I would have sent it to myself e-mail wise but, the screen is broken so I can't see what I am doing. And that is why I bought the USB cable so I could select those files and transfer them to my computer. However, the thing that sucks about this is I installed the new hardware and it won't let me access my pictures or video on the phone.

Does anyone know how to transfer these pictures and videos? Is there any free software out there that allows me to transfer these files on to my computer? Any help would be awesome! I have googled a lot of things and everything costs money and the demos don't allow you to transfer jack squat! PLEASE HELP!! I need it tonight because tomorrow I have to return the defective phone to the manufacturer where I will never see these photos and videos again! PLEASE IF YOU KNOW ANYTHING, PLEASE HELP!

Here is a link if worst comes to worse you need to buy the cd with another usb cord. this could help...http://retrodev.com/transfer.html

Cellphones are all designed to lock in customers :D Its all overly complicated. I guess thats why iPhone is sooo popular. The cellphone industry will change for it. I had problems getting stuff off my Razr also :D Couldnt figure it out.

If you have a SIM card, you should be able to just take the SIM card from one phone to another..

Usually when you take pics though it goes to the phone so you'd have to manually put it on the sim which I doubt he did.

If you have a SIM card, you should be able to just take the SIM card from one phone to another..

I was refering to things like ringtones and games. They are stuck to your phone like steam except with steam you can go to any computer and it works. Quite gay.

The phone does not have a sim card. Just my USB cable. It sounds like I am SOL. Anyone know of any free software that works to transfer my photos and movies?

http://www.bitpim.org

thats your only hope. it would work but im not sure it supports nokia. if so, its just what you are looking for :)

PS thats an amazing program and all of you should download it :o free wallpapers and ringtones for everyone!

Edited by Knwn

That's a really cool program but it doesn't support nokia :o

yeah i thought that would happen...

http://www.bitpim.org

thats your only hope. it would work but im not sure it supports nokia. if so, its just what you are looking for :)

PS thats an amazing program and all of you should download it :P free wallpapers and ringtones for everyone!

Damn dude, Your right this works great. I lost my razor and have an LG now. Just what i needed.

anytime!

So wait, why doesn't Nokia PC Suite work again? >_>

All you have to do is go to nokia.com and download the drivers & software...?

You need to buy stuff. I didn't want to buy anything. Anyways it's too late now I already sent the phone back and I lost my pics and vids :D

But, thanks for the ideas guys they at least gave me some hope for a little while!