Heads Up! This website is no longer maintained, if your a member from our era, consider joining the discord to say hello.
Sign in to follow this  

[ Game Review ] The Orange Box

As requested, here it is.

Game Title:

Orange Box

My Rating:

10/10 - 5 Great Games, One Box. Hot damn..

Review:

There's never been a package on a console like The Orange Box. For $60 you get five games: Half-Life 2, HL2: Episode One, HL2: Episode Two, Portal, and Team Fortress 2. If you're keeping score, that's one of the best shooters of all time, its two expansion packs, a new and innovative puzzle game, and an off-the-wall multiplayer game. That's in one box, on one disc. If there's one must buy game of the year, it is, without a doubt, The Orange Box. All five components are excellent, with Half-Life 2 and Episode Two being the two finest single-player first-person shooters on Xbox 360.

Accessing the five games is easy, thanks to a simple, but elegant menu system. You can hop into any of the Half-Life components without having beaten the prior versions. So, if you've played Half-Life 2 before, you can skip it (though you really should play it again), and go right into the episodic content. Also included for every game (save HL2) is director commentary which offers an in-depth look at level and map design as well as story elements for the Half-Life universe. It's about as slick a package as you will find on a console. The only failure is the horrendous box art, which I'm pretty certain was designed by a select group of mildy-talented fifth graders.

Because The Orange Box contains so many pieces, Microsoft made several exceptions to its normal rules regarding Achievements. While there are still only 1000 Gamerpoints to be earned, there are 99 Achievements to unlock (as opposed to the normal limit of 50). You can also access unique Achievement lists inside each title that are game-specific. There are some well-planned Achievements to be had. Add some spice to replaying Half-Life 2 by trying to earn every Achievement. It's quite a challenge.

the-orange-box-20071009071559355.jpg

The Orange Box = sex.

TF2 - 10/10

Portal - 10/10

all Half-Life's - 10/10

But, you for got one game...

Peggle Extreme! - 11/10

srsly...

Orange Box owns

I've heard about this game, that it was really good. I don't really play games often; therfore, I'm not well informed in essance of new releases :(

Nice review. It took you awhile but +rep for the first review!!

watched my friend play team fortress and i didn't like it...i mean, it looked fun as far as character design went, but the gameplay itself seemed a bit shotty...idk maybe it's just bc of who was playing, or the fact that so few people seemed to be online...

and I haven't played any of the HL series...

but I can say that Portal was badass. I haven't played a game that original in a long damn time. I thought it was gonna be lame at first but by the end I was totally impressed. Kickass credit song, too.

The cake is a lie.

I always meant to try out Halflife since everyone said it was awesome but i never did. So maybe this'll get me moving...

so thats what that game is

watched my friend play team fortress and i didn't like it...i mean, it looked fun as far as character design went, but the gameplay itself seemed a bit shotty...idk maybe it's just bc of who was playing, or the fact that so few people seemed to be online...

and I haven't played any of the HL series...

but I can say that Portal was badass. I haven't played a game that original in a long damn time. I thought it was gonna be lame at first but by the end I was totally impressed. Kickass credit song, too.

The cake is a lie.

TeamFortress2 is probably the best game out of the entire package IMO...

and there are like 3000 servers to choose from... just pick one >.>

@chaos

Yes, play HL2

im almost done beating ep2 ;)

I love the Orange box!!!!!

Oh and those of you that think they have beaten portal . . . You haven't! The 19th level is just the beginning! Go to the bonus maps. They are in the same testing centers but have more complicated and extreme challenges. There are over 18 more levels to do and to top it off there are goals that you can try to achieve.

Then when finish all of those more are unlocked!

Edited by Zar

meh, idk, maybe he just wandered into sumthin lowly populated...i wasn't payin too close attention, really, cuz i was in the mood for COD4...

whatever he was in, though, it didn't seem as if there was any map or radar...i'm a bit turned off by that sorta game when it's disorienting b/c idunno where anything is...

but i suppose if both of you say it's that awesome it can't be as bad as it originally seemed...guess we'll try it out again when i'm over at my friend's house ;)

meh, idk, maybe he just wandered into sumthin lowly populated...i wasn't payin too close attention, really, cuz i was in the mood for COD4...

whatever he was in, though, it didn't seem as if there was any map or radar...i'm a bit turned off by that sorta game when it's disorienting b/c idunno where anything is...

but i suppose if both of you say it's that awesome it can't be as bad as it originally seemed...guess we'll try it out again when i'm over at my friend's house ;)

almost all of the maps are very small, no need for a map, they all run one way anyways.

and radar would ruin it for the spy, and is once again worthless due to the fact they are very tiny maps

I think I am going to play halflife2 right now.

almost all of the maps are very small, no need for a map, they all run one way anyways.

and radar would ruin it for the spy, and is once again worthless due to the fact they are very tiny maps

fair enough...though i think that they could still have radar, and simply allow spies to not show up on it...seems like a decent enough spy bonus to me...

but yah, if the maps are small i guess it doesn't matter, i just couldn't tell because my friend died too fast every time for me to tell much about the maps. he's not very good at shooters :''''(

Wow i guess i should try this game, with the stuff you guys are saying i guess i should buy it soon

Edited by Speedskater

i've heard portal is a good game.

does the computer have an obsession with cake