Heads Up! This website is no longer maintained, if your a member from our era, consider joining the discord to say hello.
Sign in to follow this  

Help Me Start Out Site

Well... i host my own site.... so yeah...

Anyways, Try not to get too involved in HTML, its becoming Obsolete quickly.

PhP is the future, aswell as flash, they are more complicated, but they make a 100x better site IMO

Agreed. Plus php and flash are a lot less complicated in my opinion.

Really Zar? Less complicated?

...Flash is one of teh Hardest things i have ever attempted to learn, Php is easy though.

But HTML it seems so... easy... you just put pictures and buttons and thats about it XD

Flash for websites is hella easy.

The problem is that Flash is not a good thing to use for an entire site because search engines have a harder time crawling your site, and if someone is searching for part of the text on your site, a search engine wont find it because it's in an .swf file, not a file that search engines can read =/

um watch it ghost it may be another xp lololol.

That's pretty cool. What is your site?

My site is undergroundgamers.net. Right now it's nothing. I just got it recently and I'm reinstalling the newest version of IPB in February. XGhost (a.k.a. teh r0x0r!) is actually working on a custom skin in his spare time (4 $'s of course. gotta pay for the best, lol). I'm hoping it will get off to a nice start.

And to the guy that made this topic, if you're still wanting to learn HTML I'd try:

Dave's Site

That's as good a place to begin as any other (in my opinion).