Heads Up! This website is no longer maintained, if your a member from our era, consider joining the discord to say hello.
Sign in to follow this  

Starcraft Patch 1.15.2

Starcraft and Brood War Patch Information

------------------------------------
- patch 1.15.2
------------------------------------

Feature Changes

- StarCraft and StarCraft: BroodWar no longer require the CD while playing the
 game.  To play without the CD, please follow the following instructions:

- Windows Users:
- Make sure you have "Hide extensions for known types" unchecked under
  Explorer Folder Options.
- If you own only StarCraft, copy "INSTALL.EXE" from the StarCraft CD to 
  your StarCraft folder and rename it to "StarCraft.mpq".
- If you own StarCraft: Brood War, copy "INSTALL.EXE" from the StarCraft:
  Brood War CD to your StarCraft folder and rename it to "BroodWar.mpq".

- Mac users:
- If you own only StarCraft, copy "StarCraft Archive" from the StarCraft CD
  to your StarCraft folder.
- If you own StarCraft: Brood War, copy "Brood War Archive" from the 
  StarCraft: Brood War CD to your StarCraft folder.

The patch is now officially released, you will find you are forced to download the patch if you login on battle.net. The Forums and Downloads will soon be updated to match the new patch details. Please keep in mind all old hacks no longer work, we strongly recommend not using them at this time.

All hacks which have been tested and still work are listed in the new 1.15.2 category: http://www.Ghoztcraft.net/forums/index.php...&cat_id=112

lol? They are doing a patch just for this? No fix on the mineral hack exploit? Or is this only part of the patch?

lol, i was hoping to play a few hours without ppl having to hack.. :D

LoL Many things still work, Sniper Juice, along with AAW are currently 1.15.2 compatible. :)

Hmm 1.15.2, when are they going to stop? They've been patching this game forever. :)

I hope they don't stop patching it! o.o

I kind of hope they do but then again I hope they don't, I like that each time it's patched it tones down the hackers for a little bit, but then again, I like playing with a lot of hacks.

It makes it interesting when patches come out, it's almost like Blizz is giving people a quick Edrug.

It makes it interesting when patches come out, it's almost like Blizz is giving people a quick Edrug.

rofl - Yeah, it's time to shoot up on won-fifteentwo!

Yay I love new patches!

it gives new hackers a reason to code stuff, instead of copying whats already out there.

so a new patch huh...probably gona patch at the end of the week. ty for telling us about it

roflmao some where some one is going "NOOO MY UBER H4X DONT WORK NO MORES!!!"

This patch is pathetic. I'm pretty sure that just about everyone hack we have now will be translated over to the new version within a few weeks.

UsWest is patched now too.

MineralHack + CrashHack released for 1.15.2 (VIP Only).

I just tested it, works for me.

This patch is pathetic. I'm pretty sure that just about everyone hack we have now will be translated over to the new version within a few weeks.

I say less than a few weeks, I give it 2 max. This almost can't be called a "patch" by the standard of the previous patches before it. Most of the 1.15.1 offsets don't even have to be changed. So for the hacks that did suffer some offset changes, it will take even less time to update them than it did before.

PrintText fxn is still intact, some basic commands, stacking, Just to name a few.

If it takes longer than 2 weeks the programmers simply didn't work on it before then.

Edit: I would also like to add that as of 1-16-08 Ghoztcraft has more hacks either converted, or still functioning than Bwhacks. ^_^

Ghoztcraft always get the lastest hacks before anybody else..

MineralHack + CrashHack released for 1.15.2 (VIP Only).

I knew it would be you or one of the others to release the mineral hack again, ohh well I will just have to release mine again.

It was removed 15 minuets after it was posted. If you post yours, it will be you who brought it upon the starcraft community, not us.

Well it wont be long until it is leaked so I will go ahead and convert it still.

Well it wont be long until it is leaked so I will go ahead and convert it still.

That's your choice, but don't use the excuse that "I won't release it if no one else does" because as XGhozt said, it was removed, therfore no one did dled it. Because if your going to go ahead and release it anyways just because "it will be leaked anyways" that's the same thing that could be said for anything, so don't say something you aren't going to hold true unless you meant it. It was removed for a reason. Let someone else release it then Zynastor, people already know you can, but you should withhold yours until then. Let it stay private as long as it can.

Not my loss, I don't even play the damn game. I'd rather have it public anyway, have fun. I just have enough respect to remove something if there is enough reason to do so; as I have in the past.