Heads Up! This website is no longer maintained, if your a member from our era, consider joining the discord to say hello.
Sign in to follow this  

Secret Buttons In Ie7

Secret Buttons in IE7

Have you ever noticed that the bottom-right of the IE7 window, to the left of where it shows what zone you are in, has several apparently empty boxes?

Thanks for Jesper Johansson for pointing out that there are hidden buttons in those boxes.

These are generally things out of the Tools-Options dialog: certificate status, the phishing filter, the popup blocker, and the add-in manager. Jesper has no idea why they are hidden.

The comments on the blog are informative too; one observer says that the same is true of IE6.

Quite a weird thing for Microsoft to do. Even weirder that it could have gone this long without being widely-recognized..

IE%20Hidden%20Status%20Bar.png

Source: http://msinfluentials.com/blogs/jesper/arc...en-buttons.aspx

That's interesting, I just started playing with them :)

I knew the pop-up blocker one was there, but I never noticed the others. I must have an older version of IE, cuz mine doesn't have a phishing filter. What's a phishing filter?

Protects you from "gimmick" sites. Example, a look-a-like site. Usually a phisher is used to get logins/passwords.

thats... akward... why would they hide it >.>

idk maybe theres more behind this then we know

Who cares, that browser sucks anyway, lol