Heads Up! This website is no longer maintained, if your a member from our era, consider joining the discord to say hello.
Sign in to follow this  

Dementia Test

This is a fun little quiz I got in an email years ago. For those of your who already have seen this, don't spoil it!

Below are four (4) questions and a bonus question. You have to answer them instantly. You can't take your time, answer all of them immediately. OK?

Let's find out how clever you really are....

Ready? GO!!!

1. You are participating in a race. You overtake the second person. What position are you in?

2. If you overtake the last person then you are...?

3. Very tricky arithmetic! Note: This must be don't in your head only. Do NOT use paper and pencil or a calculator. Try it.

Take 1000 and add 40 to it. Now add another 1000. Now add 30. Add another 1000. Now add 20. Now add another 1000. Now add 10. What is the total?

4. Mary's father had five daughters: 1. Nana, 2. Nene, 3. Nini, 4. Nono. What is the name of the fifth daughter?

Bonus: A mute person goes into a shop and wants to buy a toothbrush. By imitating the action of brushing his teeth he successfully expresses himself to the shopkeeper and the purchase is done.

Next, a blind man comes into the shop who wants to buy a pair of sunglasses; how does HE indicate what he wants?

SPOILER TAGS INITIATED

1. Second Place

2. I'm not sure, maybe first ;)

3. 4100

4. Nunu? Hopefully.

5. He tells the shopkeeper he wants a pair of sunglasses, because he's blind, not mute.

Here's Mine

1. Second

2. You lapped them.. Can't tell

3. 4100

4. Mary

5. He just says it

Ouch, I got owned by the 4th as I haven't read it completely. LOL

I think that not reading it completely is the point of it, hence why you're not meant to think. To be completely honest I did add up the third one to be 5000 but I realised before I typed it. If I didn't have time between typing and thinking I woulda got done by it

yep, nice job, i screwed the math one up thew first time i did it. In awhile ill post the right answers and what most people get. I'll do that once i can get to GC without proxy....

I got 5000...

And for the daughter, i put he didnt have a 5th daughter. ;)

Everything else i got right. I think... Idk what #2 is for sure... but i put second to last... Idk

1. Second

2. You've lapped them

3. 4100

4. Mary

Bonus: "Give me a pair of sunglasses," says the blind man.

omg, i just got the 4th -.-

I answered:

1. First :rolleyes: I realized one second too late.

2. Second to Last

3. 5000

4. Mary

Bonus: Asks

Ye kinda messed up here and there, Bounder.

someone explain the math one to me... i keep getting 5000 then i used a calc. and got 4100... wtfux!

You add them and you get 4100. It's your fault that 70+30=1000 for you.

Lol one of my teachers had book full of these things but i got most of them wrong i'll give these a shot

1st

2nd to last

Mary ;o

ask

Edited by Speedskater