Heads Up! This website is no longer maintained, if your a member from our era, consider joining the discord to say hello.
Sign in to follow this  

Crashes When Connecting

When I get to the account processing and all the game crashes. Is there a way to fix this?

I dunno but it works fine for me.

Are you running any hacks when you connect. Try connecting without hacks activated. Make sure you cache is empty and restart the computer then connect without hacks. See if that helps. Also clear your cookies. If that doesn't work then try to disable your firewall software and try to re-connect.

Then if that doesn't work, uninstall it then re-install and try to connect without the use of hacks and do all I said to do above. Beyond that I have no idea if it still doesn't work.

Edited by Zar

Non of the above work because A. I'm not running anything else or B. I've tried it... Whats strange is a year ago I was able to connect but now I can't.

Which private server are you trying to connect to?

US hack i believe and this has happend to me once but odly next time i tried itworked

USHack...

My client does the same thing.. I don't know why.

My first time connecting to USHack..so I might have screwed up, idk where though.

Are you on Windows Vista?

Please turn off Data Execution Prevention.

The following says vista, but it works for XP too.

Disabling Data Execution Prevention (DEP)

Data Execution Prevention is a security feature that can be a bit of a pain at times. Often things will simply appear not to run at all; hopefully you will notice a bubble from the taskbar letting you know that DEP is the cause. If Vista (and actually this has been around since Windows Server 2003) sees that a process is being spawned that "could" be unwanted, DEP shuts it down. This is especially common in some application installations: if a Windows Installer setup (MSI) calls an executable in Vista, DEP could very well put a stop to it. If you are trying to run an installation or other executable being stopped by DEP, it could save you some trouble so turn it off while you attempt to give it another shot…

Run a command prompt as administrator. From the start menu, select "All Programs", then "Accessories" and right-click on the "Command Prompt" shortcut and choose "Run As Administrator". From here you can use the following command to disable Data Execution Prevention (DEP) with the following command:

bcdedit.exe /set {current} nx AlwaysOff

Keeping your command prompt open, run your setup or other process being stopped by DEP. Then, to turn it back on again, do the same and run the following:

bcdedit.exe /set {current} nx AlwaysOn

The instruction at 0x071e0000 referenced memory at 0x071e0000. The memory could not be written. Click on OK to terminate the program <-- What it says when I have xfire closed, it just crashes as an xfire exception if it is up

And yes, I am on vista. and disabled DEP..still no luck :\

Wez, XFire isn't compatiable with vista. >.>

Please turn off Data Execution Prevention.

The following says vista, but it works for XP too.

Disabling Data Execution Prevention (DEP)

Data Execution Prevention is a security feature that can be a bit of a pain at times. Often things will simply appear not to run at all; hopefully you will notice a bubble from the taskbar letting you know that DEP is the cause. If Vista (and actually this has been around since Windows Server 2003) sees that a process is being spawned that "could" be unwanted, DEP shuts it down. This is especially common in some application installations: if a Windows Installer setup (MSI) calls an executable in Vista, DEP could very well put a stop to it. If you are trying to run an installation or other executable being stopped by DEP, it could save you some trouble so turn it off while you attempt to give it another shot…

Run a command prompt as administrator. From the start menu, select "All Programs", then "Accessories" and right-click on the "Command Prompt" shortcut and choose "Run As Administrator". From here you can use the following command to disable Data Execution Prevention (DEP) with the following command:

bcdedit.exe /set {current} nx AlwaysOff

Keeping your command prompt open, run your setup or other process being stopped by DEP. Then, to turn it back on again, do the same and run the following:

bcdedit.exe /set {current} nx AlwaysOn

That above will allow you to connect to the battle.net private US Hack server. Any other issues need a new topic :(

Also if your using a Vista go to properties and then compatibility and click run as windows service pack 2.

That usually works on some of the files I have a problem with.