Heads Up! This website is no longer maintained, if your a member from our era, consider joining the discord to say hello.
Sign in to follow this  

New! Gmail Custom Time...

New! Gmail Custom Time... Any one else notice this? I'm willing to bet that this is a prank. Why? Well... For about an hour there, the link lead to a 404 page.. And now, it leads here.

http://mail.google.com/mail/help/customtime/index.html

Hmm.

I'm 90% sure this is uhh... FAKE!

LOL. An e-flux capacitor? HAHAHAHHAHA I LOVE YOU GOOGLE! :) Lets see what happens. :)

::::EDIT::::

They keep taking it down, and putting it back up... >_> I hope you guys get to see this

How do I use it?

Just click "Set custom time" from the Compose view. Any email you send to the past appears in the proper chronological order in your recipient's inbox. You can opt for it to show up read or unread by selecting the appropriate option.

Is there a limit to how far back I can send email?

Yes. You'll only be able to send email back until April 1, 2004, the day we launched Gmail. If we were to let you send an email from Gmail before Gmail existed, well, that would be like hanging out with your parents before you were born -- crazy talk.

How does it work?

Gmail utilizes an e-flux capacitor to resolve issues of causality (see Grandfather Paradox).

How come I only get ten?

Our researchers have concluded that allowing each person more than ten pre-dated emails per year would cause people to lose faith in the accuracy of time, thus rendering the feature useless.

Their findings:

N = Total emails sent

P = Probability that user believes the time stamp

φ = The Golden Ratio

L = Average life expectancy

Oh yea..

this too.

screenshot.gif

Now, after you get all excited, be sure to read the polices at... http://google.com/mail/help/customtime/policies.html

HAHA. ><

This is frickin' awesome. If only...

HA, I'M A MILLIONAIRE NOW, I GAVE MYSELF THE SC POWERBALL JACKPOT WITH THE 300 MIL BANK. MUAHAHHAZ.

Lol, I jokes. Haha.

If only eh?

I bet you google could really do something like this too... >.>

If only eh?

I bet you google could really do something like this too... >.>

Its totally possible for google to do that, in fact any e-mail service can do that. They can also change the person who sent it with a telnet.

New! Gmail Custom Time... Any one else notice this? I'm willing to bet that this is a prank. Why? Well... For about an hour there, the link lead to a 404 page.. And now, it leads here.

http://mail.google.com/mail/help/customtime/index.html

Hmm.

I'm 90% sure this is uhh... FAKE!

LOL. An e-flux capacitor? HAHAHAHHAHA I LOVE YOU GOOGLE! :) Lets see what happens. :)

::::EDIT::::

They keep taking it down, and putting it back up... >_> I hope you guys get to see this

How do I use it?

Just click "Set custom time" from the Compose view. Any email you send to the past appears in the proper chronological order in your recipient's inbox. You can opt for it to show up read or unread by selecting the appropriate option.

Is there a limit to how far back I can send email?

Yes. You'll only be able to send email back until April 1, 2004, the day we launched Gmail. If we were to let you send an email from Gmail before Gmail existed, well, that would be like hanging out with your parents before you were born -- crazy talk.

How does it work?

Gmail utilizes an e-flux capacitor to resolve issues of causality (see Grandfather Paradox).

How come I only get ten?

Our researchers have concluded that allowing each person more than ten pre-dated emails per year would cause people to lose faith in the accuracy of time, thus rendering the feature useless.

Their findings:

N = Total emails sent

P = Probability that user believes the time stamp

φ = The Golden Ratio

L = Average life expectancy

Oh yea..

this too.

screenshot.gif

Now, after you get all excited, be sure to read the polices at... http://google.com/mail/help/customtime/policies.html

...yeah...that HELLA pissed me off...cause I saw it at 11:30 PM, 30 MINUTES BEFORE APRIL 1ST!!! I was like...well it's not april first....so it shouldnt be a joke...then I get to the policies...and I'm like "t-.-t you google". There goes my chance of turning in papers a week late "on time" with the excuse "oh, I guess your email was slow"...>___<