Heads Up! This website is no longer maintained, if your a member from our era, consider joining the discord to say hello.
Sign in to follow this  

Programs You Couldn't Live Without?

Hey, this thread is going to be epic. Post here every program that you use on a daily basis. I'm talking the things that you couldn't live without (so to speak) and programs that first get installed when you image your drive. Here's my list (no particular order):

• LClock
  • PeerGuardian2
  • TaskbarShuffle
  • LogMeIn
  • UltraMon
  • Unlocker
  • Symantec Endpoint Protection
  • Google Desktop
  • Google Talk
  • Launchy
  • RK Launcher
  • WAMP
  • WFXLoad
  • Yahoo Widgets
  • Pidgin
  • Jing
  • Glass2k
  • Hamachi
  • GOM Player
  • IRFanView
  • FireFox
  • iTunes
  • WinAMP
  • Froswire
  • Dreamweaver
  • Photoshop
  • Putty
  • Vista Transformation Pack
  • Zune Theme

Also note that if you don't know what something is, just google it. Don't spam this topic with your shitty questions. =3

Use this code:

[list]
[*]List Item [*]List Item [*]List Item
[/list]

Maybe someone other than me will post something cool that we all might like. And Don't just list all your programs, just list the good/unique/needed ones.

:thumbsup:

• explorer.exe (lol)
  • taskmgr.exe (more lol)
  • Firefox
  • scloader2b (Starcraft)
  • Ollydbg
  • Notepad
  • WinRAR
  • Calculator
  • Starforge
  • Photoshop
  • Artmoney or Cheat Engine
  • IrfanView
  • Spyware Doctor
  • FileBox eXtender

Hmm let's see here:

• WindowBlinds
  • WinAmp
  • WMP 11(or latest) & IE 7(or latest)
  • Firefox
  • Aim
  • Msn
  • Xfire
  • ClientManager(Wireless card crap)
  • DivX
  • Photoshop
  • Flash Player
  • Random Games whatever I'm in to at the time.

• Dreamweaver
  • Trillian
  • 3D Sexvilla
  • Xfire
  • IE8

• Mozilla Firefox
  • Foobar2000
  • Adobe Audition
  • Windows Live Messenger
  • Total Commander

• IE7
  • Windows Live Messenger
  • Trend Micro Internet Security Pro
  • Jet Audio
  • Photoshop CS3
  • Dreamweaver
  • SCAR script
  • Microsoft Visual Studio 2005
  • WeGame
  • WinDirStat
  • Ventrillo
  • HiJack This
  • WinsockXPfix
  • Microsoft Outlook Express
  • Orb (<--- ubersexy)
  • Diskeeper
  • Fraps
  • Bulletproof FTP
:)

Why do you guys need so many stuff? :)

1. Boredom

2. Virus Problems :)

• Ventrilo
  • Teamspeak
  • firefox
  • Winrar
  • Hardcmp(allows me to view ship models for Freelancer mods)
  • Windows Media Player(WMP(with plug ins of course for stuff like .ogg files)
  • Hamachi.

Edit: Oh yea and AVG.

Edited by Aimcrack
Use the List Code like said above next time...

• firefox
  • Audacity
  • AIM
  • McAfee
  • Cheat engine
  • starcraft
  • all my hacks
  • steam

• Daemon Tools
    Winamp
    FireFox
    XFire
    Ventrilo
    Teamspeak
    AIM
    AVG
    Winrar
    Battlefield 1942 (It's a game, but its also a program!)
    Limewire
    Anything related to Torrents

• FireFox
  • Download them all Firefox addon
  • FireFTP Firefox Addon
  • Trillian Astra
  • Steam
  • Super Converter
  • adobe reader
  • CS2 Suite
  • Winamp(audio)
  • Neu View PRO (videos)
  • MS Office 07
  • Daemon Tools
  • Bit Comet
  • Perr Guardian
  • NOD32 AV
  • Winrar
  • Audacity (audio editing)
  • Starcraft

And

• Remote Assistance, because I'm tech support for all my friends lol

I have multiple lists going but here they are anyways (I'll include reasons why to use them as well)

Programs EVERYONE should have:

• Firefox Download
    At this point just about anyone can see that Internet Explorer is a sub-par browser. While Firefox might not be the best in certain categories, it wins overall, especially in user friendliness and expandability.
  • K-Lite Mega Codec Pack Download
    Everyone likes watching video files on their computer right? This program makes it possible to watch just about any video of any format (including DVDs when you put them in your drive). The setup of this program is somewhat confusing if you don't know beforehand what you're doing, but it's worth having if you get it installed correctly.
  • QuickTime Alternative Download
    Everyone at this point has heard of iTunes and because of that usually people have heard of QuickTime. Unfortunately the QuickTime codec needed to play *.mov file extensions as well as some other useful extensions are normally only available if you install the QuickTime player. In my personal opinion this is yet another way for apple to force it's bad programs onto the windows platform where they doesnt belong. QuickTime Alternative is a very nice way to install the codec without the player.
  • Symantec Endpoint Protection Not Free, Sorry :(
    Everyone needs a virus scanner. This virus scanner happens to be the most up to date and the most capable of protecting you. The Symantec company produces Norton Anti-Virus as well (statistically the #1 virus scanner existing today) however Symantec Endpoint Protection has a much better interface and more features (even enterprise features) and still uses the same virus definitions as Norton, making it just as good at protection.
  • Windows Defender Download
    Nobody likes spyware. Surprisingly enough Microsoft did something right. Windows defender works VERY well, and can correct more problems than any other spyware scanner out there. It makes sense, Microsoft knows how their system should work, so why not make a program to fix it if it breaks?
  • PowerArchiver Download Trial
    There is no such thing as a better archiving program. This program can read and extract almost any archiving format, and can create many of the popular ones. The days of WinZip and WinRAR are over!
  • Other Goodies
    Assuming you have all of your personal computer's drivers, the next most important thing would be runtime files.
    • Adobe Flash Player
      If you don't know what flash is... go home...
    • Adobe ShockWave Player
      Shockwave isn't all that useful, but doesn't hurt to have.
    • Adobe Acrobat Reader
      Acrobat isn't really a runtime file, but it kinda goes hand in hand with the other Adobe products.
    • Visual Basic Runtime
      There are quite a few versions of this, I recommend finding and installing versions 5 and 6.

Search Google if you don't know where to get them.

Everyone should also have SOME kind of messenger program, I personally use meebo, but I would also recommend Trillian, and I am a big fan of Google Talk, if you don't already use GMail I recommend looking into it. Regular messenger programs like AIM, ICQ, Yahoo!, and Windows Live (MSN) all have bloated ads and extra software (like Yahoo! Toolbar) so I don't recommend using any of them.

Programs I recommend:

• RoboForm Download Trial
    Remember back in the day before we knew the Gator password program was spyware? Most of you will remember this logo.
    product-75580.jpg
    Anyways since that program was a pice of crap, RoboForm has been shining through with a very solid program.
  • BitTorrent/µTorrent Download BitTorrent/Download µTorrent
    Lets face it, Napster started a great trend, file sharing is huge these days. In today's market, Limewire seems to have caught the attention of the masses, but unfortunately it's a piece of crap program and I personally know 3 people who got busted for downloading through Limewire here in my home town. BitTorrent is the friendly and safe alternative, however the programs used to download torrents are geared towards more advanced users, so it takes a little getting used to if you don't understand it. Until recently the creator of BitTorrent had always used his own custom made program to promote the network protocol while leaving the protocol open source for others to develop their own clients. As of recently the protocol is still open source, however BitTorrent has adopted µTorrent as it's official client. µTorrent still develops its client under its own name, and publishes beta builds about once a week.
  • SmartFTP Download
    Anyone who knows what an FTP client is will love this program. Anyone who develops websites and doesn't know what an FTP client is has no right to call themself a website developer. Nuff Said.
  • WinAmp Download
    Everyone has their preference of media players, this one is mine. Not only does WinAmp have a great way to view and play songs from your music library, but it can also manage your iPods and other USB mp3 devices as well. WinAmp's biggest plus is it's expandability. If WinAmp doesn't do something that you want it to do, download a plugin and it will.
  • Audacity Download
    If you're into quick and simple audio editing, this is the program for you. I personally use it to make RingTones for my phone ( and then I blue tooth them to my friends :) ).
  • PowerMenu Download
    This is a handy little tweak program that makes taskbar managing a little nicer. Check out the download page for screenshot examples.
  • Nullsoft Scriptable Install System (NSIS) Download
    If you ever need to distribute a program, this is handy. I used this to create CodeName: Metro (for those who remember it). I also used this to create a handy alarm clock program for myself (kinda like a *.bat file but better).
  • Alcohol 120% Download Trial
    This program allows you to make a file that will emulate a CD/DVD being in a fake drive on your computer. Very handy if you lost or damaged a game. Unfortunately this does not work with Windows Vista at this time (and I'm not sure if it ever will).
  • Other Goodies
    I strongly recommend you have some kind of word processor (or even an office suite if you use the other programs). I use Microsoft Office 2007 right now, but I hear OpenOffice is better.

• Firefox
  • Avast
  • Pidgin
  • Msn Messenger (You can't receive nudges in pidgin... :))
  • Office 2007 (Yes, Legally...)
  • CCleaner (CrapCleaner...)
  • Winamp
  • Cheat Engine
  • uTorrent
  • Brood War
  • K-Lite Codec Pack
  • WinRAR

PS All are free cept Office and Brood War

K-Lite Mega Codec Pack

Everyone likes watching video files on their computer right? This program makes it possible to watch just about any video of any format (including DVDs when you put them in your drive). The setup of this program is somewhat confusing if you don't know beforehand what you're doing, but it's worth having if you get it installed correctly.

Useless. http://mplayerhq.hu is the answer to all such problems.

Power Archiver

Useless and http://www.7-zip.org/

Spybot(Pwns you all)

Warcraft 3 frozen throne

-=Autorefresh^^^

-=Banlist^^^^^^

-=Custom Kick ^^

I.E.

Word Perfect

My four main programs of life. lol. For now. 8)